Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 12:53 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times

Advertisements

From my experience, having a mix of friends growing up, about 30% of them white, the only people I knew whose parents fully supported them pursuing a career in the arts were white. Everyone else's parents discouraged it, considering it an impractical waste of time and a sure ticket to a career of waiting tables.

And Hollywood tends to like to get their stars young, so if an acting career isn't started until after the aspiring actor moves out from home (which again, it was mainly only white Americans I knew who moved out right at 18), it's probably too late.

Of course, most of my non-white friends were immigrants though, so that likely influences things. And I'm not saying that a definitely the reason, it's just a guess based on my observation.

Hollywood's a scuzzy, corrupt industry though, so there's that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 01:27 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,359,551 times
Hollywood doesn't determine who a big actor is. The viewing public does. Duh

Old 09-01-2016, 01:32 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
5 white people for every 1 black person. That is the reason.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:38 PM

20,463 posts, read 12,392,439 times
I would argue that liberals don't want diversity.

Liberals want POWER. they use words like diversity to gain POWER.

$$$$$ = POWER....

high paid actors .... power.... what you see is what you get.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:40 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyjobs View Post
Hollywood is very liberal and liberals want more diversity, anti-white and pro-Islam.

So logically I would assume that I would see less White actors and more non-White actors (Blacks, Asians) but that's not the case in Hollywood.

Also if they are pro-Islam, I would assume that we would see many Muslim characters and women wearing hijabs in movies but we barely ever see that.

Top actors in Hollywood are still heavily White.

Why is it like this? Sounds very illogical. Why are they doing the opposite of what they want in Hollywood?
Publicly claim to be anti-racist and subconsciously be racist... liberals... racists that have fooled people into thinking they aren't racists... if you dig deep enough, you'll find liberals are even more racists than the KKK... their subconscious begins to emerge and their true identity is revealed... they need to portray as anti-racists because they will lose out on a lot of money otherwise...

Old 09-01-2016, 01:49 PM

77 posts, read 37,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'd argue that there are more white people aspiring to be actors, writers, directors and producers, and that is reflected in the product being put out.
What can you share with us to back this up?

Old 09-01-2016, 01:56 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
Quote:
Hollywood is very liberal and liberals want more diversity, anti-white and pro-Islam.

So logically I would assume that I would see less White actors and more non-White actors (Blacks, Asians) but that's not the case in Hollywood.

Also if they are pro-Islam, I would assume that we would see many Muslim characters and women wearing hijabs in movies but we barely ever see that.

Why is it like this? Sounds very illogical. Why are they doing the opposite of what they want in Hollywood?
Hollywood is more diverse today than it was 25 years ago.

However, it is still a nepotistic cesspool of cronyism.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:03 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,958,567 times
The answer is that blacks pay money to see white actors and in record numbers even if prices escalate.

Supply and demand.

If blacks weren't paying the money to watch movies where white actors were the leads then maybe someone would notice?

If you went to a theatre and only white people showed up, that would make more noise than a Kapernick sitting on an M80 with a short fuse.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:24 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:

Wealthy Spoiled Hypocrites

Progressive Liberals are long on hypocrisy "do as I say not as I do" ideology and authoritarian position.

As soon as their lifestyle is affected... not so much. It's all an act for show.

Actor - professional liar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Hollywood is more diverse today than it was 25 years ago.

However, it is still a nepotistic cesspool of cronyism.
Nonsense! It is perceived, intentionally, as that; however nothing has changed. The WHITE MEN pulling the strings are still the same WHITE MEN pulling the strings.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:25 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,958,567 times
Blacks have been conditioned to believe that liberal progressives care about black issues. Never mind that liberal progressives do nothing for blacks but instead do things to them.

Most but not all top white actors are liberals. So why not spend hard worked for money to help them get paid millions because after all, in the end there is great lip service, you know, they speak out, lend their name to black causes which is the same as sharing wealth isn't it? Its the same as respect isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies