Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2016, 06:52 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Oh lookie another I'm black and that's all that matters poster.

Get your skin color off your mind for one day and see it is not what the world revolves around.
If you want to have an intelligent debate then go read the details of the court case, obviously you have no idea about the details.

By the way I am white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 06:59 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You are kidding yourself if you don't think this excludes certain minorities, read through the court case rather than using your own personal experience to make judgement.

No not every American has a picture ID.

There is no -good- reason anyone that wants one can not get a state ID.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:06 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
If you want to have an intelligent debate then go read the details of the court case, obviously you have no idea about the details.

By the way I am white.
You don't want to talk about it either.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:18 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
You are kidding yourself if you don't think this excludes certain minorities, read through the court case rather than using your own personal experience to make judgement.

No not every American has a picture ID.
Well it sounds like these certain minorities have a real problem on their hands, because I don't see how you even get by in a modern society without a photo id. So is anyone doing something to help these people integrate themselves into our society? Or do you not care about them being on the absolute margins, so long as they come out to vote for a Democrat president every four years?

Old 09-01-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Well as far as I know even the "weakest link" has the right to vote as has been the case for quite some time. Now it's suddenly the death of the nation because the GOP can't win an election.
No one ever said that it's the "death of the nation" or the death of anything. It seems like common sense and procedure to me. If you show up to to cast a vote under the name "Joe Blow" you show the people at the polling place photo id to prove that you are indeed Joe Blow and not someone else. That's how things generally work in the 21st century in first-world countries.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:31 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
No one ever said that it's the "death of the nation" or the death of anything. It seems like common sense and procedure to me. If you show up to to cast a vote under the name "Joe Blow" you show the people at the polling place photo id to prove that you are indeed Joe Blow and not someone else. That's how things generally work in the 21st century in first-world countries.
We are not a first-world country...we are a regressive throwback trying desperately to emulate our idol Uncle Joe Stalin's beautiful philosophy...Americans absolutely hate human freedom and humanity itself.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:33 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

Well as I indicated the court documents are extensive, the simplistic argument that everyone should have an ID obviously indicates no one has read the court documents. Maybe when you read them we can have an intelligent discussion rather than "I have one".

Old 09-01-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Well as I indicated the court documents are extensive, the simplistic argument that everyone should have an ID obviously indicates no one has read the court documents. Maybe when you read them we can have an intelligent discussion rather than "I have one".
Yeah, but the people who don't have id are in very bad shape. So why don't you help these people get an id and help them get a start on modern living, instead of doing all that you can to make sure that they stay on the margins? I think we all know why.

Old 09-01-2016, 10:04 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
I have to show an ID to vote in Ohio, anything that cuts down on voter fraud should be welcomed, I guess losers in NC elections will have grounds to contest results now.
Can you please tell me what voter fraud has changed election results. You can't so what's the big deal with this. Sorry, but many just don't have ID. Why are you trying to suppress these folks.

Old 09-01-2016, 10:07 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Yeah, but the people who don't have id are in very bad shape. So why don't you help these people get an id and help them get a start on modern living, instead of doing all that you can to make sure that they stay on the margins? I think we all know why.
Says who? My grandparents weren't in bad shape and never had ID. Everyone in pass christian knew each other so there was no reason to have ID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies