Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 10:57 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Haven't these poor Indians been through enough? Bad enough we stole their land and gave them a single rock and told them "here, have a reservation." But corporate greed does not care. They'll contaminate our drinking water so that they can afford their mansions and their collection of sports cars. They'll rape the planet we live in and they don't care, and the far right doesn't care, because the far right cares more about "jawbs" than the planet they live on and our water and our soil.

They care more about some a-hole being employed in a corrupt, corner-cutting, careless company than the rest of us having a nice place to live.
Some of that 'undiscovered' oil, is sitting on reservation land ... Fort Berthold Reservation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 10:57 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
By doing a crime......you have a strange way of supporting Presidential candidate. The only publicity she is getting is being charged for vandalizing, the strange thing she doesn't even know why!
I've long supported civil disobedience. There is no reason why I would not support it for a candidate. It beats starting useless wars that kill hundreds of thousands.

Defacing a bulldozer or starting an unjustified war? To me that one is easy.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
If true this isn't going to end well.

North Dakota — Previously peaceful protests at the construction site of the Dakota Access pipeline have officially been militarized. North Dakota Governor Jack Dalrymple has called on the state’s National Guard to reinforce law enforcement at the construction site where Native American protesters are currently blocking further development.

North Dakota Governor Activates National Guard for Pipeline Protest

Old 09-08-2016, 05:29 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
I hope the Indians win.

Indians can take over this country, I'd be fine with that.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:36 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If true this isn't going to end well.

North Dakota — Previously peaceful protests at the construction site of the Dakota Access pipeline have officially been militarized. North Dakota Governor Jack Dalrymple has called on the state’s National Guard to reinforce law enforcement at the construction site where Native American protesters are currently blocking further development.

North Dakota Governor Activates National Guard for Pipeline Protest
Previously peaceful my ass... Tonight a group of 10 of your so called peaceful protestors beat the crap out of one of the pipeline workers. And you won't see that on the news because it doesn't fit the narrative. The truth of your so called peaceful "victim's" of the pipeline are starting to come to light. And victim status is denied. It may get ugly, but their going to have no one to blame but themselves.

Old 09-09-2016, 01:34 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,536,863 times
all pipes can burst...

Montana declares state of emergency over pipeline*spill, oily drinking water

Quote:

On Monday night, Montana Gov. Steve Bullock (D) declared a state of emergency for two counties on the Yellowstone River, after a pipeline over the river burst on Saturday morning, contaminating the drinking water. Bridger Pipeline LLC, which operates the 12-inch Poplar pipeline, estimates that 300 to 1,200 barrels (2,600 to 50,400 gallons) of light Bakken crude dumped into the Yellowstone before the pipeline was shut off.

Old 09-09-2016, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Haven't these poor Indians been through enough? Bad enough we stole their land and gave them a single rock and told them "here, have a reservation." But corporate greed does not care. They'll contaminate our drinking water so that they can afford their mansions and their collection of sports cars. They'll rape the planet we live in and they don't care, and the far right doesn't care, because the far right cares more about "jawbs" than the planet they live on and our water and our soil.

They care more about some a-hole being employed in a corrupt, corner-cutting, careless company than the rest of us having a nice place to live.
Quote:
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Senate passed a measure authorizing the nation’s defense programs Friday, and along with it managed to give lands sacred to Native Americans to a foreign company that owns a uranium mine with Iran.

The $585 billion National Defense Authorization Act of 2015 is one of the must-pass pieces of legislation that Congress moves every year. But like they did in attaching extraneous riders to the must-pass government funding bill, lawmakers used the defense bill as a vehicle to pass a massive public lands package.

The bill sailed through on a vote of 89 to 11.

Many of the land measures were popular. But one, the Southeast Arizona Land Exchange and Conservation Act, had twice failed to win support in the House of Representatives, blocked both by conservationists and conservatives.

The deal gives a subsidiary of the Australian-English mining firm Rio Tinto 2,400 acres of the Tonto National Forest in exchange for several other parcels so it can mine a massive copper deposit.

The Iran connection comes from a uranium mine in Namibia, in which Tehran has owned a 15 percent stake since the days of the shah.

“We are aware of the mine in question and have discussed relevant compliance issues with the company,” the spokesperson said.

Defense Bill Passes, Giving Sacred Native American Sites To Mining Company | Huffington Post

Old 09-09-2016, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Thousands of people have joined the Standing Rock Sioux Nation's fight against construction of a contentious oil pipeline, a showdown Indigenous leaders in North Dakota warn won't end anytime soon.

They're opposed to the Dakota Access Pipeline, a multimillion-dollar project that's supposed to transport light sweet crude oil from the Bakken oilfield near the Canadian border to Illinois.
Standing Rock protest grows with thousands opposing North Dakota pipeline - Aboriginal - CBC

Old 09-09-2016, 01:53 AM

Quote:
The Black Hills of South Dakota may contain some of the purest water on Earth, scientists say, but it's buried hundreds of feet beneath the ground.

A team of scientists and researchers have been exploring the subterranean waterways of Wind Cave National Park, which were discovered in the 1960s, for years.

The team, led by microbiologist Hazel Barton, travels sporadically to the lowest reaches of the cavern system to study a series of underground lakes, which appear to be devoid of animal life or even easily detectable microscopic organisms.

But Barton, from the University of Akron, has discovered there is bacteria — albeit scant — in the lakes. She's beginning to analyze about six years of data and hopes to decipher how the bacteria survives, answer questions about how it interacted before multicellular organisms came along and perhaps find new sources of antibiotics.

https://weather.com/science/news/sou...aped_fragment_

Old 09-09-2016, 02:16 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times
Please educate me, I haven't been paying much attention to this issue - since the other 50 disastorous issues destroying the country have been keeping me busy.

BUT - if there is no pipeline, who do they propose to move the oil from point A to point B? Isn't a pipe safer than trucks or trains, and cheaper?

Good to see the Natl Guard, there hasn't been an indian massacre for decades. It's about time the govt shows them who's in charge. Do you think they will just shoot the squaws and papooses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies