Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 10:59 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
This is why I always find it ironic that body cameras are a proposed fix. I strongly suspect that they will only make the problem worse by increasing police surveillance of the public.
They thought that body cams were the fix, because even with new videos, theres loopholes in all the policies that are taken advantage of, and crooked prosecutors and Chiefs that allow deplorable behaviors to continue. Many departments curbed the bad behaviors of the cops, still a long way to go.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Teen who nearly died files suit against Taser and Independence police

Runnels was a former Kansas City police officer who had been “compelled” to resign because of “poor judgment and temperament,” according to the suit.

Kansas City police commanders determined that he was “not eligible for rehire.” Even so, he was hired by Independence police. That department failed to exercise “due diligence” by contacting Kansas City police, who, according to the suit, would have said he should not be hired as a police officer.

Read more here: Bryce Masters is suing Taser and Independence police after he nearly died in 2014 | The Kansas City Star

Some people simply are not fit to be a police officer and unfortunately it is this very person that seeks out this kind of job. We have to do better in hiring and training and holding officer accountable for that training.

Now it's going to costs the taxpayers a ton of money but at least the officer was held accountable in this case.

Old 09-29-2016, 04:46 PM

"Yes sir, yes sir, yes sir" Does everything asked of him and gets beat and arrested anyway. Why was the cop allowed to simply resign? This was assault. As to my earlier arguments elsewhere, this guy had every right to defend himself legally.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2...er%27s%20Porch

We have too many people in uniform that have absolutely no business being in those uniforms.

Old 09-29-2016, 06:20 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
"Yes sir, yes sir, yes sir" Does everything asked of him and gets beat and arrested anyway. Why was the cop allowed to simply resign? This was assault. As to my earlier arguments elsewhere, this guy had every right to defend himself legally.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2...er%27s%20Porch

We have too many people in uniform that have absolutely no business being in those uniforms.
Arrest record?....

Too many tickets?

How many times have you been harassed and beaten tased or shot by police?

How many times have your family members been beaten shot or tased by police?

How many times have your friends been beaten shot or tased by police?

Have you ever done anything to improve your community and reduce the need by default for police?

Please do share....

Somewhere between 600k and 1 million police in the US... IF one percent engage questionable practices or violate policy that's a large number... But in the big picture very small..

Should it be zero...sure..in fairyland...

Will you ever admit this?

Your answer isn't here...

Old 09-29-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Arrest record?....

Too many tickets?

How many times have you been harassed and beaten tased or shot by police?

How many times have your family members been beaten shot or tased by police?

How many times have your friends been beaten shot or tased by police?

Have you ever done anything to improve your community and reduce the need by default for police?

Please do share....

Somewhere between 600k and 1 million police in the US... IF one percent engage questionable practices or violate policy that's a large number... But in the big picture very small..

Should it be zero...sure..in fairyland...

Will you ever admit this?

Your answer isn't here...
Do you want to discuss the article you quoted, or do you want to discuss me?

Old 09-29-2016, 06:38 PM

Why do we allow repeated abuses and only act once the abuse is caught on tape?

PITTSBURGH (AP) – A fired Pittsburgh police sergeant criminally charged in federal and state court with wrongly beating up a drunken high school football fan then trying to cover it up is now also being sued, along with the city.

Attorneys for Gabriel Despres, 20, filed the federal civil rights lawsuit Thursday against Stephen Matakovich, 47, seeking unspecified damages.

But it also alleges the city knew of Matakovich’s propensity to use unnecessary force – and past efforts to cover it up – before Matakovich pushed and punched Despres at the November 2015 championship game at Heinz Field. Allegheny County prosecutors, scheduled to try Matakovich next month, say he’s used too much force more than 50 times since 2011, including 17 times when he injured someone with a blow to the head.

Former Police Sgt. Facing Charges Now Sued Over Rough Arrest « CBS Pittsburgh

This one is going to cost Pittsburgh a ton of money.

Old 09-30-2016, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Do you want to discuss the article you quoted, or do you want to discuss me?
Since you offered....

Sure..you are biased... Lets talk about why.... Others question if you're a radical...I didn't see any answer

Want me to post 99 plus percent of police actions that improve the world ... There wouldn't be enough computer time ..I also find much of what is posted on the internet and then including another layer of media bias is inaccurate... Or heavily biased... I am aware of this..are you?

Again.if you think you're being effective on the internet exposing some agenda you aren't...

I would prefer knowing what each of us individually do to make our communities better

I find those with agendas have backgrounds ... I have more interest and respect for those who clearly state why they have their agenda

For example I hate drugs.. and working for a drug free world permeates my professional life..I hold heavy bias because of it... It's easy for me to find articles that show drugs are deleterious to the world...kill innocent people. I realize others don't feel my passion..I accept it.. I know discussions on city data will not impact upon it in any meaningful manner.

Feel free to share...but I doubt you will

I've given you real and impactful ways to address the injustices you find in the world..for whatever reason you choose not to address them...this makes your posts nothing more than social chatter..ineffectual social chatter

Agree?

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-30-2016 at 03:39 AM..

Old 09-30-2016, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Sure..you are biased... Lets talk about why.... Others question if you're a radical...I didn't see any answer
So the things I posted didn't happen? They are all irrelevant? They play no role in any of this? We should just ignore them because they aren't the norm?

No, this isn't about me.

I've made it very clear what I believe. No one is above the law.

Old 09-30-2016, 03:52 AM

Quote:
So the things I posted didn't happen? They are all irrelevant? They play no role in any of this? We should just ignore them because they aren't the norm?

No, this isn't about me.

I've made it very clear what I believe. No one is above the law.
You do realize the horrific allegations and instances you search for are abhorations of a profession where human beings ..If found guilty..violate law..policy..mores and traditions

And when they do at some point there are reviews of their actions.

If found guilty receive judgement...you might not be happy with that judgement...but police in the US are the most highly regulated of any profession out there..bar none

I don't have a clue what you believe.other than you dislike police...and perhaps government at large

But do feel free to share... And tell all of us how you effectually address your misgivings in the world...

Good citizenship absolutely is a part of this thread..how do we reduce the need for police in our communities so we can reduce the horrific abuses that may occur

How are you doing this?

Agree?

Old 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM

Quote:
You do realize the horrific allegations and instances you search for are abhorations of a profession where human beings ..If found guilty..violate law..policy..mores and traditions
Far too often still they are guilty and get away with it.

Quote:
And when they do at some point there are reviews of their actions.
Reviewing oneself is not a valid review.

Quote:
If found guilty receive judgement...you might not be happy with that judgement...but police in the US are the most highly regulated of any profession out there..bar none

I don't have a clue what you believe.other than you dislike police...and perhaps government at large

But do feel free to share... And tell all of us how you effectually address your misgivings in the world...

Good citizenship absolutely is a part of this thread..how do we reduce the need for police in our communities so we can reduce the horrific abuses that may occur

How are you doing this?

Agree?
Sorry, this is my last response in noting that this isn't about me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies