Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 05:41 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,789,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
So you're saying it's racist for Black cops in Black neighborhoods to stop Black people they suspect are committing crimes?
Quit ignoring the point.

Again minorities are arrested for drug offenses at much higher rates even though the use between whites and minorities are similar.
Are you saying that's not racist?

Old 09-04-2016, 05:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
No, the protesters are saying they want cops charged with murder, long before the facts are known, and then even when there's no evidence of a murder. If they were saying they wanted cops who made a deadly mistake fired, I might even join them.
The ones that killed Eric Garner did. The one that killed Rice did. There were and are very few of us calling for accountability.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:42 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,789,742 times
Quote:
Simple, we don't. The % of excessive force complaints, shootings, unlawful shootings, etc. when compared to the overall number of police interactions annually is staggeringly low.

If you're Black and not committing a violent felony, you're more likely to be struck by lightening than to be killed by the police.
It's not just about shooting deaths.

Quit ignoring the point.

Again minorities are arrested for drug offenses at much higher rates even though the use between whites and minorities are similar.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:43 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,356,786 times
i still believe cops should not be allowed to carry guns, they are not responsible enough, it should be limited to very few. why should a driver license examiner need a gun?

Old 09-04-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I call BS social justice warrior
I really don't care.

Quote:
All applicants to any large department today go through rigorous backgrounds and psych exams. PTSD and vets gets looked at extensively . Backgrounds take about half a year..we go back to high school for applicants . .add in drug tests...on and on
So tell us. How did Timothy Loehman get hired in Cleveland?

Quote:
Even small departments have to comply with minimum state hiring standards

Even been in the front seat of a radio car on a ride along ? I seriously doubt it...
This is the internet....truthfully I doubt you have either. Police officers do on occasion get fired for their words written on the internet and any decent officer would not be posting what you do.

Quote:
Have a clue what it takes to get hired today and all the aspects of the process . I highly doubt it..

Now.. back seat . .. expert ? Possibly

One day you will see police robots . ..then if your still around you'll have some real bitching

It's so easy on the internet to be a social justice warrior isn't it

What have you done today to improve your community or your police where you live ?

Be a good citizen . .check
Not use drugs . .check
Watch out for your neighbors . .check
Support the people who keep you safe . A big check

None of the above.... major fail
LOL.....

Old 09-04-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
So you're saying it's racist for Black cops in Black neighborhoods to stop Black people they suspect are committing crimes?
Suspect? What exactly are they doing? As far as we know Philando Castile was committing the crime of driving while black.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:57 PM

39,028 posts, read 27,438,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We have no clue. Many come back from military duty with PTSD and become police officers. We do not screen them.
You know this how?

Actually, Stories about veterans and PTSD have flooded the popular online and print media. In this culture, hiring a new officer (or allowing an officer to return to duty after deployment) appears superficially to be a questionable management choice.

Police hiring authorities should keep in mind the myth and reality of PTSD, and, in some instances, their legal obligation not to discriminate against applicants or returning police officers for their service.

https://www.policeone.com/police-job...-in-our-ranks/

Old 09-04-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You know this how?

Actually, Stories about veterans and PTSD have flooded the popular online and print media. In this culture, hiring a new officer (or allowing an officer to return to duty after deployment) appears superficially to be a questionable management choice.

Police hiring authorities should keep in mind the myth and reality of PTSD, and, in some instances, their legal obligation not to discriminate against applicants or returning police officers for their service.

https://www.policeone.com/police-job...-in-our-ranks/
Yes we need to discriminate where giving someone the legal right to shoot someone else is concerned.

I hold this same view concerning the 2nd.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:11 PM

39,028 posts, read 27,438,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes we need to discriminate where giving someone the legal right to shoot someone else is concerned.

I hold this same view concerning the 2nd.
I think your bold is ignorant. You really need to know the myth and reality about PTSD.

Also, you claimed there are former military servicemen with PTSD in law enforcement, and we dont' screen them. Do you have anything to back up that claim? The "we don't screen them" part. Prove it please

Old 09-04-2016, 06:32 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,856,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Quit ignoring the point.

Word was that many "Black" community leaders DEMANDED stiffer sentences for crack cocaine since so damn many young Black dudes were offing each other 30 years ago. Even tho crack's probably no stronger per gram than powder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies