Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2016, 05:18 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times

Advertisements

This video clip gives me the creeps. It's being passed around as a cutesy "little girl blowing kisses to the lion", but take a look at what that lion suddenly does.

Do you let your child get this close? I'd be petrified the glass would break.

In this video I noticed that as soon as the little girl broke eye contact with the lion, he attacked (or tried to). I would have had heart failure had that been my grandchild. That lion no doubt thought she was lunch.

Huge Lion Freaks Out After Little Girl Blows a Kiss at Zoo | Jesus Daily
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 05:27 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
This video clip gives me the creeps. It's being passed around as a cutesy "little girl blowing kisses to the lion", but take a look at what that lion suddenly does.

In this video I noticed that as soon as the little girl broke eye contact with the lion, he attacked (or tried to). I would have had heart failure had that been my grandchild. That lion no doubt thought she was lunch.

I wouldn't take my kid to the zoo in the first place, (if I had a kid). I can't stand to see those animals in cages or enclosures. I would take them to one of those safari type places where you drive in your car and the animals are "free" (at least have a load of land to roam on).

Old 10-13-2016, 08:11 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
...he attacked (or tried to)...
My cats do the same thing to my 27" monitor when I play this video.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:17 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:

Why would you have heart failure, that glass isn't going to break. Regardless, why do parents let kids do stupid stuff? I see kids trying to antagonize animals all the time & the parents just stand there with that smug smile on their face, as if to say "look how adorable my kid is". It's obnoxious.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:19 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Jesus Daily?

I don't care for putting animals in zoos, no different than hunting wild game for sport.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:06 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Why would you have heart failure, that glass isn't going to break. Regardless, why do parents let kids do stupid stuff? I see kids trying to antagonize animals all the time & the parents just stand there with that smug smile on their face, as if to say "look how adorable my kid is". It's obnoxious.

Says who?

Old 10-13-2016, 11:08 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I wouldn't take my kid to the zoo in the first place, (if I had a kid). I can't stand to see those animals in cages or enclosures. I would take them to one of those safari type places where you drive in your car and the animals are "free" (at least have a load of land to roam on).
Yea, not a zoo fan either. But if I were to do the drive through safari park, I'd use a rental car and get the insurance. Lol, seen the animals do some interesting things to cars. Like a lion putting his front end on the hood or roof, and dragging his claws all the way down. Bison in Yellowstone have been down to knock some pretty fair dents into cars, so I can only imagine what a rbino might do.

At any rate, taking wild animals for granted is rather..unwise. They don't live in Disneyland, a d their instincts are that humans are the enemy, or just another meal. Lions are actually pretty nasty critters. Most...uncouth, from a human point of view. Lions in the wild live by a set of rules that leaves no room for human type emotions, and , regardless of where they are, they are never totally removed from that.

Can t fault a lion for acting like a lion. Or any other wild animal for being what it is. They operate on instincts, which, at their core, are pure, unadulterated, pragmatic logic. Thinking, and acting, are the same thing. Their survival depends on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies