Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2016, 06:28 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly, because absentee ballots are signature matched. I absentee ballot because I have homes in multiple states, but vote in only one.

In Michigan, the first thing you do at the poll is fill out a small (about 3" x 5") piece of paper with your name, address, DOB, and signature. The signature is matched right there before you are given a ballot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
YOU are the one claiming NONE and post a site for your "proof"

Using YOUR site I found 2 without much trying.

I would bet there are OTHERS.

Try READING what YOUR post stated.

"MD
  • Older than 65 years old: ID Card is free.
  • Disabled: ID Card is free."
What part of "FREE" do you not understand?

The issue is a VALID photo ID for VOTING.

It is YOUR site, YOU look them up.

Poor and broke burger flippers: NOT FREE.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
What are you talking about? Nearly all states provide free photo IDs for the poor.

Need $$$ birth certificate to get 'free' ID.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
How do you get to be "elderly" in America without having an ID?

You need an ID to do just about anything. How do you live your entire life without one?

Cases such as stated above have to be extremely rare. Also, consider that when states Institute voter ID laws, there are often provisions added to provide ID's at no cost. And it's not like they have to do it every year......most states ID's are good for 4 or 5 years at least.

And BTW, AARP is a Lefty organization with an agenda.

Bank night deposit plus workplace direct deposit + no car / no drive + long-term residence = I have not needed ID for some time.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:40 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
.....more than any other group?

Serious question, as I would like to know.

Thx much.
As far as I am aware, the only id which identifies you as a citizen is a US passport, and to get one costs $110 and takes about four weeks. I guess a birth certificate is another, although it does not have a picture for the obvious reasons, and therefore cannot be used as an id.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You don't have to go to the hospital you were born at to get a a "certified original" copy of your BC. You don't need a "certified original" copy to an ID either.

When I applied for a passport, they wouldn't even take the original copy. You do the whole thing online to get an official copy, right from the comfort of your Lazyboy.

And you only need to do this once in your entire life. The rest of the time when you renew your ID or DL, you just need the old one.

In Oregon, you need to present a valid birth certificate to renew your DL or ID.

Every. Single. Time.

This tripped me up when it was time to renew; I carried expired ID for a year before I could afford another BC copy. Because The Rent Was Too Damn High, and everyone knows The Rent Eats First.

Arizona issues DL that expires on your 65th birthday - brilliant!

Old 09-06-2016, 06:44 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Bank night deposit plus workplace direct deposit + no car / no drive + long-term residence = I have not needed ID for some time.
Direct deposit to where? You must have a photo ID to open a bank account.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Try signing up for SS or Medicare without one.

I was like 15 when I signed up for SS; needed it to work. At that awkward age, my guardians had my birth certificate so I didn't need to pay for it. Had my first paper route at twelve, dunno why I didn't need SS card then.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Direct deposit to where? You must have a photo ID to open a bank account.

Used the BC I had from childhood to get ID, lost BC later in a move, was unable to renew ID until I could afford to replace BC.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:01 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,930,400 times
Believe it or not, there does exist a large number of poor black folk who don't have a birth certificate anymore due to loss etc. etc. and who were born long before digital records were kept. Trying to prove themselves that they're Americans is no easy task.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies