Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2016, 07:52 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,994,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm not buying it. They need ID for SS and Medicare.
You only need ID once to get SS when you sign up. Otherwise it can go on for years also you really don't need ID to get SS per see.

Here is what you need for disability in terms of ID.

1. Your date and place of birth and Social Security number
2. The name, Social Security number and date of birth or age of your current spouse and any former spouse. 3. You should also know the dates and places of marriage and dates of divorce or death (if appropriate)
4. Names and dates of birth of your minor children
5. Your bank or other financial institution's Routing Transit Number [more info] and the account number, if you want the benefits electronically deposited

For retirement(over 65)

1. Your birth certificate
2. Your social security card(if it is not on record)

As for Medicare, you are only required to see a doctor once a year(to prevent SS fraud).

oh and if there records have age, citizenship status in the system you don't need to bring the documents in again

Last edited by chirack; 09-16-2016 at 08:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 07:55 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
If the Republicans actually wanted to get all voters photo ID it is easily done. A program was proposed in NV where DMV cameras would be present at each poll. No photoID they take a picture and give you one. After a couple of elections everyone actually will have a photo on file at DMV. Not supported by the Republicans of course. Would not have prevented lower end poor from voting.
When was this? Was it implemented? Who proposed it?

Old 09-17-2016, 04:40 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
You only need ID once to get SS when you sign up. Otherwise it can go on for years also you really don't need ID to get SS per see.

2. The name, Social Security number and date of birth or age of your current spouse and any former spouse.

3. You should also know the dates and places of marriage and dates of divorce or death (if appropriate)
5. Your bank or other financial institution's Routing Transit Number [more info] and the account number, if you want the benefits electronically deposited

For retirement(over 65)

That's exactly my point. If one has to provide proof of such for SS, disability, and/or Medicare, they can provide it to vote.

Old 09-17-2016, 05:03 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
Requireability with no accessibility = .........!

Old 09-17-2016, 06:00 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post

2. The name, Social Security number and date of birth or age of your current spouse and any former spouse. 3. You should also know the dates and places of marriage and dates of divorce or death (if appropriate)

For retirement(over 65)

As for Medicare, you are only required to see a doctor once a year(to prevent SS fraud).

oh and if there records have age, citizenship status in the system you don't need to bring the documents in again

"You only need ID once to get SS when you sign up. Otherwise it can go on for years also you really don't need ID to get SS per see.'

Not entirely true.

"In August 1987, SSA began a three-state pilot of the "Enumeration at Birth" (EAB) process in which the parent of a newborn can request an SSN as part of the state's birth registration process. Additional states began to participate in EAB in July 1988. By the end of 1991, 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and New York City had signed agreements (Long 1993, 83). Today, over 90 percent of parents use the EAB process offered in all 50 states plus Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia."

https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v69n2/v69n2p55.html

So, if you were signed by your parents you would not need an ID until you start to collect because SSA also started in 2010, I believe to stop mailing checks and ONLY use Direct Deposit.

If you did not have bank account, you would have to open one.

To do so, you will need a photo ID.

Case in point. Mu granddaughter was signed up at birth.

When she was in high school, about 7 years ago, she opened her own bank account.

She was REQUIRED to have a photo ID.

Old 09-18-2016, 10:51 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's exactly my point. If one has to provide proof of such for SS, disability, and/or Medicare, they can provide it to vote.

Some hospital employee got me signed up for Medicaid, Medicare, and SSDI while I was in ICU, unaware of what was going on around me. I didn't show any documentation.

Old 09-18-2016, 11:03 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
While they won't admit it, elitist usually white liberals think minorities are too stupid to get a free ID.
And being that a photo ID is needed to do most things one would think if the elitist really cared and wanted people's lives to improve they would do everything they can to help them get a photo id. They are not interested in that, worse, the people accept that excuse (because the liberal media tells them so)

Old 09-19-2016, 06:55 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Some hospital employee got me signed up for Medicaid, Medicare, and SSDI while I was in ICU, unaware of what was going on around me. I didn't show any documentation.
They had to know who you were to do so. How did they identify you?

Old 09-19-2016, 07:04 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
They had your ID. They photocopied it while you were still unconscious.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:55 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
All of these people have satisfied what ever is the legal requirement to vote. They are on the voter list. The argument is that they don't have a phdoto ID that corresponds with the data on the voter role. So you give them a photo ID that aligns by taking their picture. Some clever impersonator might step up and volunteer to be someone he is not. But he has to leave his picture behind vastly simplifying runnning him down.

The Republicans never argued it would not work. Just claimed it would cost too much. The real objection though was that it let everyone vote.
I see. Did they come up with a projection on the cost?
I dont see how it could be that expensive as there really wouldn't be that many people show up that needed an ID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies