Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2016, 11:10 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Agreed on ID.

Why cut off early voting?

Why not allow same day registration?
Why not compromise and have ID, early voting and same day registration?

Pretty much everything done by the two major parties is a political ploy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 11:36 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,943,762 times
Why should you NOT have to show ID? If you can't take the time and $15 to go to the DMV and get an ID card or some kind of official US ID, then you are either too ignorant and lazy to vote, or you are here illegally and you don't get to vote. It isn't your country.

Secondly - pre registration stops voter fraud by bussing people in to vote in one location and skew results. I'm OK with a 30 day cut off.

There should be NO early or mail in voting. This results in fraud. You go to the poll booth on election day and vote, the vote goes in a box and is counted.

Electronic voting is going to result in massive fraud sooner or later, and already has been hacked.

Physical in person voting only. The only exception being people are physically unable get to a polling place.

Old 09-04-2016, 12:25 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,380 times
Agreed . DL and a voters Card is the gold standard and I do not have a problem showing my ID. Matter of fact Maricopa cy scanned my DL to verify my Voting info.

No problem.

Old 09-04-2016, 02:17 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Democrats' whole platform is a political play for more votes.

They sure dishonestly fight voter ID as a ploy to increase non-white voter support by pushing the narrative that requiring the ID suppress the non-white vote. And they know better than anyone that there is voter fraud.

Old 09-04-2016, 02:26 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,370,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Why should you NOT have to show ID? If you can't take the time and $15 to go to the DMV and get an ID card or some kind of official US ID, then you are either too ignorant and lazy to vote, or you are here illegally and you don't get to vote. It isn't your country.

Secondly - pre registration stops voter fraud by bussing people in to vote in one location and skew results. I'm OK with a 30 day cut off.

There should be NO early or mail in voting. This results in fraud. You go to the poll booth on election day and vote, the vote goes in a box and is counted.

Electronic voting is going to result in massive fraud sooner or later, and already has been hacked.

Physical in person voting only. The only exception being people are physically unable get to a polling place.
I.D. s are $30.00 in Oklahoma, so I can see why that would pose a problem for the poor communities. I agree that you should show one to vote. They can provide them for citizens.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:06 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Longtime GOP strategist finally admits that voter id "laws" are just a political play.

Heckuva move Republicans!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5371&tid=ss_tw

I've no problem with ID being required to vote..but if it is..then ID should be provided free..so as to not impede the people's access to exercising their franchise.

Same day registration? No...if a person does not care enough to register in a timely fashion..why should we cater to their procrastination?

Old 09-04-2016, 05:19 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Longtime GOP strategist finally admits that voter id "laws" are just a political play.

Heckuva move Republicans!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5371&tid=ss_tw
Common sense says otherwise.

Who cares what one repub strategist says?

Voting is the only government sponsored activity free of fraud?????????

Go tell that to the intelligencia who saw nothing wrong with being told, 'we have to pass it to find out what is in it"

Old 09-04-2016, 06:26 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,625,250 times
Since voting is a constitutional right the ID if required should be free. You can pick it up when you register to vote- same day. Also allow early voting, same day registration and have enough voting locations that it does not hinder voting.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:32 AM

1,050 posts, read 698,274 times
Let's make election day a holiday and allow people w/ ids and who are registered to vote for a whole 24 hr period.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:44 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,366,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Why? I do not get your reasoning at all. You insult all those people.
If I need to show ID to pick up a library book, why can't everyone have an ID to vote? If they can't get to the DMV to get an ID, then maybe they are too feeble or stupid to vote anyway. Or maybe they're illegal, in which case they aren't eligible.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies