Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 02:44 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You do understand he is a very talented BS Artist?

That he would likely destabalize the US and force the US into an unending recession as the population ages.

Be wary of simple solutions by glib speakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 03:03 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
*gasp* He said we are a nation of laws and talked about securing the border! That practically makes him a Klansman!

Harry Reid and other Democratic politicians felt the same way, until they realized these people and their offspring are easy votes.
I think what really happened is Democrat politicians realized that the 1965 Immigration Act and no enforcement against illegal immigration had brought in enough Democrat voters by Obama's 2nd term, that they could openly advocate for open borders to immigration and not lose enough white American voters (the only ones that seem to care about our border and America as they've known it) to not win elections.

Old 09-03-2016, 05:12 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
There is now, and has always been, a pathway to citizenship. So stop making excuses for those who choose to come here illegally.

And memo to the OP: Unless you use quotation marks, the words are yours.

Old 09-03-2016, 05:42 AM

1,099 posts, read 901,506 times
Podo944,

I'm a little surprised your post was allowed to stay in this forum. Personally, I don't know why the topic has to have it's own separate forum. It is one of the biggest "election" issues out there and it's almost like it's being squelched in favor of most of the other nonsensical and immature posts that are allowed here.

I asked a simple question in a poll awhile back asking "do you believe the United States should have open borders". It apparently infuriated some people here because many realized they didn't have a justification for it, but if they admitted that, it would mean there was at least one issue they actually agreed on with the opposition (and lord forbid, they couldn't admit that).

The fact of the matter is, anyone that thinks we should have open borders would be hard press to make that case. The security of the nation would be in play, and we certainly don't have the resources to support the massive amount of people that would flock to the country. It's really the biggest no brainer out there, and yet, there are still people that say it's "crazy talk", it's "racist", etc. Actually it's not crazy in any way.

Unfortunately, when you try to take just that aspect of the conversation, people immediately go off on a tangent (because again, they can't defend open borders). I live in the most openly "Liberal" area of the country and have silenced all the naysayers with that simple question (they simply refuse to answer it).

And I'm not even taking a side on the issue. I realize beyond that, there is plenty of debate that could go on, and neither side, Republican or Democrat, are saints on this matter. But to think securing our border is "crazy talk" or "racist" is beyond absurd. The security of our nation is tantamount to our survival, as is the ability to care for those currently in this country.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:35 AM

62,947 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyforlife99 View Post
Podo944,

I'm a little surprised your post was allowed to stay in this forum. Personally, I don't know why the topic has to have it's own separate forum. It is one of the biggest "election" issues out there and it's almost like it's being squelched in favor of most of the other nonsensical and immature posts that are allowed here.

I asked a simple question in a poll awhile back asking "do you believe the United States should have open borders". It apparently infuriated some people here because many realized they didn't have a justification for it, but if they admitted that, it would mean there was at least one issue they actually agreed on with the opposition (and lord forbid, they couldn't admit that).

The fact of the matter is, anyone that thinks we should have open borders would be hard press to make that case. The security of the nation would be in play, and we certainly don't have the resources to support the massive amount of people that would flock to the country. It's really the biggest no brainer out there, and yet, there are still people that say it's "crazy talk", it's "racist", etc. Actually it's not crazy in any way.

Unfortunately, when you try to take just that aspect of the conversation, people immediately go off on a tangent (because again, they can't defend open borders). I live in the most openly "Liberal" area of the country and have silenced all the naysayers with that simple question (they simply refuse to answer it).

And I'm not even taking a side on the issue. I realize beyond that, there is plenty of debate that could go on, and neither side, Republican or Democrat, are saints on this matter. But to think securing our border is "crazy talk" or "racist" is beyond absurd. The security of our nation is tantamount to our survival, as is the ability to care for those currently in this country.

Excellent post. Thank you!

Old 09-03-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
When did people of India go to Mexico and inter marry with Spanish?

I am speaking of those who came over the Bering Strait long ago not those from India. Of course you knew that anyway. Mexicans who have those "indio" roots are mostly Mestizos who also mixed with the Spanish.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
More than 50% of Mexicans have Indian (native American) blood

Native American - person native to the Americas when the first Europeans arrived. Most killed by diseases they had no immunity from which were brought by the Sailors/settlers. A native is the first person to inhabit an area and the "Native Americans" were in the Americas since at least Neolithic times.

There were no original Native Americans. All of our ancestors migrated here from somewhere else. The so-called native Americans and the European's offspring were the natives. No, a native is not a first person to migrate to somewhere else. A native is someone born to a particular area/ country.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:12 AM

59,057 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Well, the current list of ineligible countries is Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China, Columbia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, South Korea, the UK, and Vietnam.
Pretty sure that covers the source countries for the vast majority of illegal immigrants.
And realize I am distinguishing between migrating (coming here temporarily for work) and immigrating (settling permanently). You can migrate from these countries, but not immigrate without a family sponsor.
You will run into plenty of immigrants from these countries, but nearly all on family sponsor visas. You will run into even more migrants, who (except for H1B migrants) are barred from immigrating.
Thank you for this info.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:17 AM

59,057 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Then why is the rent so #@& high?
Move to where it is CHEAPER.

Old 09-03-2016, 09:24 AM

23,551 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
The title of the thread is not my words, it's from Hillary Clinton's website.
I know there's an Illegal Immigration forum, however, I didn't want to post this there because it gets a little "broken record" and preaching to the crowd. If this gets moved so be it, but I'd like to hear from more than primarily the "anti-illegal" crowd.

Trump's "extreme" immigration policies have been all over the news this past year, and I know Hillary's plans are "different".
I heard on the radio recently someone saying that Hillary wants to make illegal aliens/undocumented workers/whatever actual citizens and thought it was an over the top claim so decided to look it up, but skipping any Breitbart articles.
But it does seem to be true! We have Trump being all extreme on one side (round them up!) and Hillary being all extreme on the other side! (make them all citizens!)
one of these people are going to be our President!!

Is there any solution in the middle? Is there no common sense?
Beef up the border to put the plug in the jug
E-verify
Go to the prisons and definitely kick out the criminals
The one's who are here illegally leave them alone, (is that a form of amnesty?) but for goodness sake don't give citizenship! There are people all over the world of many colors (this isn't an us vs. them issue or race thing to me, it's a common sense thing!) waiting for years to LEGALLY come here FFS! They are the one's who should be rewarded!
And yes, E-Verify for employers!

I pretty much thought of myself as a "Nevertrump moderate Pub" toying with the Johnson...
and I really really don't like Trump he's rude and gross! But now I'm starting to think he may not be the crazy one after all!
I'm sorry, but I have to ask... what the heck is she trying to do here???

She might be a sincere and true believer about all this making her crazy with misdirected loyalties...
Or she's a corrupt power hungry uber ambitious "House of Cards" style politician wanting that big prize...
Could be both... I hate 2016!!
Sorry, I'm just soooo frustrated.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issue...ration-reform/

As president, Hillary will:

>Introduce comprehensive immigration reform. Hillary will introduce comprehensive immigration reform with a pathway to full and equal citizenship within her first 100 days in office. It will treat every person with dignity, fix the family visa backlog, uphold the rule of law, protect our borders and national security, and bring millions of hardworking people into the formal economy.

>End the three- and 10-year bars. The three- and 10-year bars force families—especially those whose members have different citizenship or immigration statuses—into a heartbreaking dilemma: remain in the shadows, or pursue a green card by leaving the country and loved ones behind.

>Defend President Obama’s executive actions—known as DACA and DAPA—against partisan attacks. The Supreme Court’s deadlocked decision on DAPA was a heartbreaking reminder of how high the stakes are in this election. Hillary believes DAPA is squarely within the president’s authority and won’t stop fighting until we see it through. The estimated 5 million people eligible for DAPA—including DREAMers and parents of Americans and lawful residents—should be protected under the executive actions.

>Do everything possible under the law to protect families. If Congress keeps failing to act on comprehensive immigration reform, Hillary will enact a simple system for those with sympathetic cases—such as parents of DREAMers, those with a history of service and contribution to their communities, or those who experience extreme labor violations—to make their case and be eligible for deferred action.

>Enforce immigration laws humanely. Immigration enforcement must be humane, targeted, and effective. Hillary will focus resources on detaining and deporting those individuals who pose a violent threat to public safety, and ensure refugees who seek asylum in the U.S. have a fair chance to tell their stories.

>End family detention and close private immigration detention centers. Hillary will end family detention for parents and children who arrive at our border in desperate situations and close private immigrant detention centers.

>Expand access to affordable health care to all families. We should let families—regardless of immigration status—buy into the Affordable Care Act exchanges. Families who want to purchase health insurance should be able to do so.
Promote naturalization. Hillary will work to expand fee waivers to alleviate naturalization costs, increase access to language programs to encourage English proficiency, and increase outreach and education to help more people navigate the process.

>Support immigrant integration. Hillary will create a national Office of Immigrant Affairs, support affordable integration services through $15 million in new grant funding for community navigators and similar organizations, and significantly increase federal resources for adult English language education and citizenship education.
not every illegal alien wants to be a US citizen. every one that does, spits in the eye of mexico. with all he jobs going south, why are they coming here? aside from obama baiting them to cross enmass to get benefits. so much for mexican pride.

ethical action is to have reciprocal treatment for illegals. use the laws mexico applies to illegal entry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies