Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 08:55 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,440,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
The title of the thread is not my words, it's from Hillary Clinton's website.
I know there's an Illegal Immigration forum, however, I didn't want to post this there because it gets a little "broken record" and preaching to the crowd. If this gets moved so be it, but I'd like to hear from more than primarily the "anti-illegal" crowd.

Trump's "extreme" immigration policies have been all over the news this past year, and I know Hillary's plans are "different".
I heard on the radio recently someone saying that Hillary wants to make illegal aliens/undocumented workers/whatever actual citizens and thought it was an over the top claim so decided to look it up, but skipping any Breitbart articles.
But it does seem to be true! We have Trump being all extreme on one side (round them up!) and Hillary being all extreme on the other side! (make them all citizens!)
one of these people are going to be our President!!

Is there any solution in the middle? Is there no common sense?
Beef up the border to put the plug in the jug
E-verify
Go to the prisons and definitely kick out the criminals
The one's who are here illegally leave them alone, (is that a form of amnesty?) but for goodness sake don't give citizenship! There are people all over the world of many colors (this isn't an us vs. them issue or race thing to me, it's a common sense thing!) waiting for years to LEGALLY come here FFS! They are the one's who should be rewarded!
And yes, E-Verify for employers!

I pretty much thought of myself as a "Nevertrump moderate Pub" toying with the Johnson...
and I really really don't like Trump he's rude and gross! But now I'm starting to think he may not be the crazy one after all!
I'm sorry, but I have to ask... what the heck is she trying to do here???

She might be a sincere and true believer about all this making her crazy with misdirected loyalties...
Or she's a corrupt power hungry uber ambitious "House of Cards" style politician wanting that big prize...
Could be both... I hate 2016!!
Sorry, I'm just soooo frustrated.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issue...ration-reform/

As president, Hillary will:

>Introduce comprehensive immigration reform. Hillary will introduce comprehensive immigration reform with a pathway to full and equal citizenship within her first 100 days in office. It will treat every person with dignity, fix the family visa backlog, uphold the rule of law, protect our borders and national security, and bring millions of hardworking people into the formal economy.

>End the three- and 10-year bars. The three- and 10-year bars force families—especially those whose members have different citizenship or immigration statuses—into a heartbreaking dilemma: remain in the shadows, or pursue a green card by leaving the country and loved ones behind.

>Defend President Obama’s executive actions—known as DACA and DAPA—against partisan attacks. The Supreme Court’s deadlocked decision on DAPA was a heartbreaking reminder of how high the stakes are in this election. Hillary believes DAPA is squarely within the president’s authority and won’t stop fighting until we see it through. The estimated 5 million people eligible for DAPA—including DREAMers and parents of Americans and lawful residents—should be protected under the executive actions.

>Do everything possible under the law to protect families. If Congress keeps failing to act on comprehensive immigration reform, Hillary will enact a simple system for those with sympathetic cases—such as parents of DREAMers, those with a history of service and contribution to their communities, or those who experience extreme labor violations—to make their case and be eligible for deferred action.

>Enforce immigration laws humanely. Immigration enforcement must be humane, targeted, and effective. Hillary will focus resources on detaining and deporting those individuals who pose a violent threat to public safety, and ensure refugees who seek asylum in the U.S. have a fair chance to tell their stories.

>End family detention and close private immigration detention centers. Hillary will end family detention for parents and children who arrive at our border in desperate situations and close private immigrant detention centers.

>Expand access to affordable health care to all families. We should let families—regardless of immigration status—buy into the Affordable Care Act exchanges. Families who want to purchase health insurance should be able to do so.
Promote naturalization. Hillary will work to expand fee waivers to alleviate naturalization costs, increase access to language programs to encourage English proficiency, and increase outreach and education to help more people navigate the process.

>Support immigrant integration. Hillary will create a national Office of Immigrant Affairs, support affordable integration services through $15 million in new grant funding for community navigators and similar organizations, and significantly increase federal resources for adult English language education and citizenship education.

Wow. if all of the above is the case, the working class needs compensation for the myriad costs of illegal immigration they bear. (Depressed wages, exorbitant rents, inflated insurance premiums, etc)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 08:59 PM

50,232 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie1373 View Post
That's a plan.

Agent: 'ok, go back'
Illegal: 'ok'

The point of all this is, no one, here, Washington, etc has a logistical plan to move this many people. Talk to a border agent now with the limited deportations we do do... Half an office is devoted to just transportation.

And it's not like all are Mexican... How do we get the vast numbers to Guatemala, Honduras, etc...

I want them gone to. When I hear a logical, sound, transport methodology, I'll support the round em up mentality. Until then, it's just not practical and we are spinning wheels
So, just give up? Ya right. You have skin in the game newb.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:06 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,942,523 times
We don't need to think alternatively or not at all, that is just quitter talk to make it easy to do nothing.

The hard part isn't sending them back, its making a national decision to do it.

Do you know how many millions of people we've moved back and forth over oceans to hostile lands?

Millions upon millions upon millions.

We've already paid for the means, we already know how to move people great distances.

Start with the closest country from which most illegals came from.

Geesh, no need to make it harder than it is.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:07 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
We've done wonders with 1-5 so far.

1. Identify? Shouldn't e-verify be doing that? How's it working out in those states that implemented
2: financial? They'll be paid in cash
3. Limit travel? See 1
4. Schedule? For those located, agreed... But
5. Send? How? Planes, trains, automobiles?

For that plan, we are going to have to create another department just for #5! Lol
Then illegal aliens NEED to stay "illegal": NO amnesty for their kind. Period. Too; allow the cops and judges to arrest any known illegal on the spot. When word gets out the US ain't playing; MOST illegals WILL leave ASAP. Period.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:09 PM

We do not need to mind screw a plan. Decide to send them back.

Start sending them.

One less is better than one more.

If it takes time, who really gives a flying crap?

Old 09-01-2016, 09:14 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,055 times
Quote:
Come on it takes us 10 years to execute criminals. No ones going to be lining up a bunch of Jorge's and mowing them down.
But "citizens" who happen to be criminals have to enter the "justice system".

These are not "citizens" but these are enemy invaders, no courtroom necessary.

Hell we could simply let "citizens" volunteer to off em'. I am sure there would be plenty who would like to practice on something other than paper targets for a change.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:16 PM

One can sit on their arse contemplating which way the toilet paper roll goes on until the crap in your crack hardens to concrete or;

some will stand there trying to figure it out first while they soil themselves or;

grab a handful off the roll, cleanup and get on with life.

This whole analysis paralysis thing is crazy.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Wtf millions and millions are you talking about?

You have to find them first.

Talk about a geesh comment. You have to have them identify themselves. There is no flipping way we'll find even 50%. If they don't self identify...
Are you serious? Do you know how many miltary personnel miles we have transported over the last ten years? Tell me you were joking.

Self identify?

More analysis paralysis.

Get the 50%, who cares? Then while you're dealing with them, go find the rest.

I don't believe you support deportation at all, I think you just want reasons not to do it.

Reminds me of someone else on the rental housing crisis thread who no matter what solution was offered, even a free house and job, found a way to come up with a reason not to take it.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:25 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,019,001 times
Quote:
That's a plan.

Agent: 'ok, go back'
Illegal: 'ok'
You forgot to add:

Illegal: Can I rent?
Landlord: No becsue I'll go to jail.

Illegal: Does my kid get citizenship?
Governemnt Worker: No we don't do that anymore.

Illegal: Can I get job?
Employer: No, I'll go to jail if I give you a job.

It's not a matter of if you can get them to leave, it's just a matter of implementing the laws to make it very undesirable for them to be here. They will have no choice if they can't get jobs, welfare, housing etc.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:30 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,055 times
Quote:
Wtf millions and millions are you talking about?

You have to find them first.

Talk about a geesh comment. You have to have them identify themselves. There is no flipping way we'll find even 50%. If they don't self identify...
Huh? You never been to a large residential construction site? Just show up early in the morning and you can grab probably a hundred roofers and drywallers while they are still drinking their " cafe' " Come back in a week or two and repeat. Then you go to the large growers in the west.

Anyway, seriously, others got it right. It is far easier, and fiscally rational, to make them WANT to leave. They get NOTHING. No licenses, no school, no health care, no food stamps, no fire truck even if their flesh is on fire...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies