Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 06:38 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
This time NO Amnesty, Treason is Treason
Indeed, and should we show the same attitude towards our enemies abroad? I believe so, no mercy, no quarter and if we need to beat information out of them, so be it. At any rate, what your talking about here is pretty brutal, as applied to our own countrymen. You would have exterminated everyone in the Confederacy then, I'm taking it? This gleaned from your 'this time' comment. And, as I have asked you before, to what end? Total control? Punishment? Retribution? Hmmm, yea, that woulda learned em' but GOOD! If it comes to another war between the states, at least we know where you stand, and if your running the show, secessionists may as well fight to the last man ,woman and child. Nothing to lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 06:54 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Indeed, and should we show the same attitude towards our enemies abroad?
I was thinking more like toward our enemies in Washington DC

Old 10-26-2009, 06:57 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,062,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Where does the Constitution forbid secession?
LOL can you read this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme Court
When, therefore, Texas became one of the United States, she entered into an indissoluble relation. All the obligations of perpetual union, and all the guaranties of republican government in the Union, attached at once to the State. The act which consummated her admission into the Union was something more than a compact; it was the incorporation of a new member into the political body. And it was final. The union between Texas and the other States was as complete, as perpetual, and as indissoluble as the union between the original States. There was no place for reconsideration or revocation, except through revolution or through consent of the States.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Wow,just...wow. To what end would you have done this? The final and complete destruction of all opposition and dissent? You are advocating for what amounts to genocide. I don't quite understand the mentality here.
It's not genocide to kill secessionists.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
LMAO, the Constitution does not matter in churchys world arctic. In his mind we are at the whim of the courts, in all matters. The courts are in charge and have absolute power. Sheesh, I don't even know why we have the other two branches of government.
You are. Tough Chit.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
He didn't seem to think too highly of the courts last year when they threw out DC's gun laws...LOL
If you look back, all I considered it was unwise. The court decided the issue. People in DC can now have handguns in their houses.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:06 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Indeed, and should we show the same attitude towards our enemies abroad? I believe so, no mercy, no quarter and if we need to beat information out of them, so be it. At any rate, what your talking about here is pretty brutal, as applied to our own countrymen. You would have exterminated everyone in the Confederacy then, I'm taking it? This gleaned from your 'this time' comment. And, as I have asked you before, to what end? Total control? Punishment? Retribution? Hmmm, yea, that woulda learned em' but GOOD! If it comes to another war between the states, at least we know where you stand, and if your running the show, secessionists may as well fight to the last man ,woman and child. Nothing to lose.
Children aren't responsible for their parents, otherwise YUP

Bomb every building in secessionist territory, every road, every bridge, every power plant, every dam. Treason is treason

Old 10-26-2009, 07:09 PM

722 posts, read 1,108,737 times
I sometimes wish half of Montana would leave. Especially some of those gun-toting weirdos. I am all for smart people owing guns but my experience is most of them don't qualify. Especially the ones who talk about their precious gun rights.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:14 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Children aren't responsible for their parents, otherwise YUP

Bomb every building in secessionist territory, every road, every bridge, every power plant, every dam. Treason is treason
Montana has nuclear bombs, and a missile system that can deliver.

Try it!

We already have nuclear treaties with North Dakota, Missouri, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Wyoming, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, and Washington State.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:16 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
LOL can you read this?
Question, so how many states have to consent to dissolve the union ?

Quote:
There was no place for reconsideration or revocation, except through revolution or through consent of the States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies