Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2009, 11:49 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Launch codes would be noticeably missing. Dream on.

to launch the missles you are correct, but please remember that those same ICBM's did not come complete in 1 package. do you really think it will be hard for any knowledgeable tech to take apart the missle to get the wrheads out?

i dont, then you federals now have a multiple problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 11:54 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,065,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
to launch the missles you are correct, but please remember that those same ICBM's did not come complete in 1 package. do you really think it will be hard for any knowledgeable tech to take apart the missle to get the wrheads out?

i dont, then you federals now have a multiple problem.
Getting the warhead out isn't the same as detonating the warhead. That your tech couldn't do without detailed nuclear weapons knowledge or the launch codes.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
What a pathetic rant about a group of wingnuts that needed to be brought to heel.

would you be talking that way if the goverment did the same to elf, naacp or the sierra club?

somehow i dont think so, that just goes to show that you believe in the goverment way of having the goverment feed you and alot of others from cradle to grave and have NO real concious thought.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Getting the warhead out isn't the same as detonating the warhead. That your tech couldn't do without detailed nuclear weapons knowledge or the launch codes.

launch codes are required to launch the missles, but actually detonating a bomb is completely different, it takes alot less to make it go off than alot would think.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
LOL So a bunch of Joe Sixpacks go play paint gun on the weekend and think they matter. Rich.

sry, i dont use paint ball guns, my firearms shoot live rounds.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:16 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Not that nuclear escalation is really a viable scenerio, but it would seem that a seperated MRV could be rigged to pop without a PHD in nuclear physics. Seperated from the rest of the chassis the lauch codes become a moot point. The dynamics for achieving critical mass are integral to the warhead, so it seems reasonable that it could be hacked into and detonated. However, detonating it is secondary to deploying it. Lol, I would not really want to set a MRV up to pop and do it just because I could. It's not exactly like lighting and tossing a firecracker. Having a nuke and getting to a target are two different things. I rather doubt that anyone has any ambitions of becoming a seceded nuclear power. It seems rather...over the top perhaps? But it did happen with a few former Soviet states. There are a lot of nukes floating around in the Baltic states, but nobody seems to be in a huge hurry to let em' fly. Could be that niggling little problem of how big the explosion really is and the fact that there are a lot of warheads being pointed back. Have folks really forgotten what nuclear weapons are capable of doing? Rouge states in control of weapons of this magnitude and threatening to use them would bring an international response on a scale that most folks can't concieve. We are talking about entire regions being turned into complete wastelands in a matter of seconds. Lets move off the nuke subject shall we

Old 03-20-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
launch codes are required to launch the missles, but actually detonating a bomb is completely different, it takes alot less to make it go off than alot would think.
You couldn't be more wrong. The launch codes are what actually allow the warhead to be armed. My experience doesn't include the Air Force missiles, but the safety systems are built with the same care as the Navy's missiles.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:29 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong. The launch codes are what actually allow the warhead to be armed. My experience doesn't include the Air Force missiles, but the safety systems are built with the same care as the Navy's missiles.
What makes you so sure there won't be scientists who have this knowledge on the side of the seceding state? And if not, you know opportunistic countries like Russia will likely lend a hand to any such states, likely in secret, in order to weaken the remaining U.S.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:31 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
In honesty I think it'd be very hard for Montana to say the US violated the contract that let her into the union. In reality that was mostly a formality. Prior to statehood it was already US territory. Montana & about all the western states were bought & paid for. None can claim to have been an organized state, save for Texas, before being admitted to the union. Montana was US property before it was a state. Unlike the original 13 colonies & Texas

That said theres no reason they cannot refuse to enforce or permit enforcement of laws that violate the constitution in their state. Matter of fact every elected official, LEO & military personnel violate a sworn oath when they support or enforce such laws. As do any American people who pledge allegiance to our country & then support unconstitutional laws & prosecutions.

Theres a lack of enforcement issue right there. If we dont enforce the oaths taken by our civil servants not much else matters.

So, I think they can secede if they choose but not for contract violation.
But instead on the principle that America has violated the trust of the American people & no longer worthy to govern them.
They are a state now so the contract applies now. Oh you left out VT which was also independent for some years before becoming a state in the U.S...

Old 03-20-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
What makes you so sure there won't be scientists who have this knowledge on the side of the seceding state? And if not, you know opportunistic countries like Russia will likely lend a hand to any such states, likely in secret, in order to weaken the remaining U.S.
LOL you really do live in fantasy land don't you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies