Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 01:40 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Marijuana is getting cheaper in Colorado - Business Insider

Anyone with knowledge of simple economics could have predicted this. Another hit to the black market!!

In November CA, NV,AZ, ME and maybe more states will be voting on recreational legalization.
Wholesale?? Have the consumer prices also have been cut to half? If not, the sellers are just ripping off the addicts.

Old 09-03-2016, 02:04 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,119,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The black market will always be there as it is highly taxed. I believe the tax on weed, at it's lowest point starts at ~25%

Colorado’s marijuana tax is structured as a 15 percent excise tax on the “average market rate” of wholesale marijuana, plus a 10 percent state tax on retail marijuana sales, plus the state sales tax of 2.9 percent, plus local sales taxes, plus local marijuana taxes such as a 3.5 percent tax in Denver. When these taxes are added up, in Denver for example, a $30 eighth of pot (1/8 oz.) will have about $8.59 in taxes tacked onto it, or about a 29 percent overall tax rate. (By comparison, the equivalent tax on cigarettes is about 31 percent and on beer only about 8 percent.

http://taxfoundation.org/article/tax...ado-experience
No one said the black market will be gone forever. The illegal global cigarette trade is about 11%

Old 09-03-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Yes.. you could post up false bunk over and over.. and you will

Challenge what I say.. am I factually wrong.?....

Nope...

All potophoria can give you is smoke and mirrors because factual information does not square with potproganda

Even the potheads agree

https://www.coloradopotguide.com/col...-black-market/

And if you think METRC is a bureaucracy just wait until you see what we have planned...we met with several of Colorados representatives last year at a marijuana regulation enforcement symposium in San Francisco and we learned from their mistakes.

Tell me again..why are small growers against prop 64... Oh..yes.. Monsanto..check

We have a whole separate bureau to deal with alcohol... So you might as well drop the false flag argument and stay on point.. pot..this is about pot..jeesh..focused attention is something lacking in potheads... But we already know that though medical evidence don't we...
There will always be small cannabis companies like craft beer

Old 09-03-2016, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
It will be interesting to see what happens to organized crime in Colorado as the marijuana black market falls apart.
Use of heroin, prescription opiates, cocaine and meth have skyrocketed in Colorado in the last 2 years (Colorado is now the a top 10 consumption state for all of those except meth). Alcohol use is also surging in Colorado (also a top ten consumer there), and it appears to be heavily linked to illegal sales of alcohol, with 50% of 18-21 year olds in the state consuming alcohol on a regular basis.

You will hear some people argue that it is because marijuana is a gateway drug.

I think it is because gangs and other organized crime are finding ways to replace their revenue from marijuana.
I've said this 10 times. Send the marines in and squash the cartels

Old 09-03-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Heroin is pretty cheap too. What's your point?
How much? How many highs can you get off say a gram of heroin

Old 09-03-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
There are a lot of illegal alcohol sales today, in some parts of the country. Good moonshine goes for as much as $200 a gallon, if you can get it. Granted, it's not a big market, but people still pay for it.
My God man. I'm talking widespread. What is it 2 %?

Old 09-03-2016, 02:10 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
It will be interesting to see what happens to organized crime in Colorado as the marijuana black market falls apart.
Use of heroin, prescription opiates, cocaine and meth have skyrocketed in Colorado in the last 2 years (Colorado is now the a top 10 consumption state for all of those except meth). Alcohol use is also surging in Colorado (also a top ten consumer there), and it appears to be heavily linked to illegal sales of alcohol, with 50% of 18-21 year olds in the state consuming alcohol on a regular basis.

You will hear some people argue that it is because marijuana is a gateway drug.

I think it is because gangs and other organized crime are finding ways to replace their revenue from marijuana.
It happened in Holland as well. As soon as they decriminalized pot and hash, the organized crime families moved in and brought all kinds of crime with them.

Old 09-03-2016, 02:36 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,746,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Propaganda and lies from prohibitionists. Some even in this site stating the price won't drop or won't drop by much and the black market for cannabis will always thrive
I don't know about the alleged propaganda, but I can tell you from first hand knowledge that the Black Market is alive and well. I've been out to visit friends twice in the past year & neither they, nor anyone they know, would go to the dispensaries. It's less than half the price on the street for the same quality. Since Colorado allows people to grow legally for "personal use" and that law is barely enforced, there is a slew of weed to be had at prices much cheaper than the dispensaries. The locals referred to the dispensaries as "tourist traps" when I was there.

Old 09-03-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I don't know about the alleged propaganda, but I can tell you from first hand knowledge that the Black Market is alive and well. I've been out to visit friends twice in the past year & neither they, nor anyone they know, would go to the dispensaries. It's less than half the price on the street for the same quality. Since Colorado allows people to grow legally for "personal use" and that law is barely enforced, there is a slew of weed to be had at prices much cheaper than the dispensaries. The locals referred to the dispensaries as "tourist traps" when I was there.
When were you there?

Old 09-03-2016, 02:58 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Good concentrate the stoners and leave the smart people alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies