Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 07:04 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Truth is, Blacks finish last no matter who the President is. We're doing alot better compared to the 60s, but we still finish last compared to everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 07:27 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Diddy: Black people got shortchanged by Obama

Sean “Diddy” Combs said Sunday that black voters won’t get fooled again — insisting that Hillary Clinton has to prove herself before she gets the African-American vote since “[blacks] got a little bit shortchanged” by President Obama.

“My number one thing, though, to be honest, is black people,” the rapper turned mogul told the Rev. Al Sharpton on his MSNBC show Sunday. “I feel like we put President Obama in the White House. When I look back, I just wanted more done for my people because that’s the name of the game.

Diddy, who just opened up a charter school in Harlem, apparently isn’t buying Clinton’s wide lead among African Americans over GOP opponent Donald Trump. Clinton’s spent many Sundays visiting black churches and made gun violence and police shootings a platform of her campaign through talks with African mothers whose children were killed.

“Hillary Clinton, you know, I hope she starts to directly talk to the black community. … It really makes me feel, you know, almost hurt that our issues are not addressed and we’re such a big part of the voting bloc.”

Two things...

1- He's right in that black people get no return on investment with regards to the percentage that vote for Democrats (not me).

2- We will not makes real advancement unless we do it ourselves and not depend on government. To which I give him a thumbs up for starting two charter schools on his own dime.
I think he is really pussed because black didn't get more "free" stuff like that delirious woman who claimed she would never have to worry about paying her mortgage etc once Obama got into the WH.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:39 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trillion dollars....We spent more on Wall Street in just a few short years.
For what? The ghettos are dirty and appears the people don't think it is their job to clean it up. What will more money fix? There are houses selling for one dollar in some areas, why aren't they buying up these homes fixing them and reselling them if need be?

Old 09-04-2016, 09:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The black vote isnt taken for granted.

08 was 8 years ago, but I think that was more of Hillary supporters being labeled racist than her, and then there was that Bill Clinton comment. But again, not her being labeled racist.
Uh; to hear a LOT of "Black" people say it; they'll NEVER vote Repub so Hillary has most of those voters in her hand.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:41 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Truth is, Blacks finish last no matter who the President is. We're doing alot better compared to the 60s, but we still finish last compared to everyone else.
Toss the hood rats OUT and; I think Black people ARE doing better and better even withOUT Black Africans pushing them higher in $$ numbers. Nigerians and so on have the rep of doing real well here in the US; even better than Asians.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:43 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; to hear a LOT of "Black" people say it; they'll NEVER vote Repub so Hillary has most of those voters in her hand.
Some tell me, "I am a Democrat and I have to vote for a Democrat".......that is some damn dedication, when the party is not about the people or for the people!

Old 09-04-2016, 09:45 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
For what? The ghettos are dirty and appears the people don't think it is their job to clean it up. What will more money fix? There are houses selling for one dollar in some areas, why aren't they buying up these homes fixing them and reselling them if need be?
I dont recall mentioning more money.

Wall Street is continuing it's same failed ways and we are still bailing it out to the detriment of the poor.

If you disagree with more help should we all not agree to at least quit harming them?

Old 09-04-2016, 09:51 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Everyone outside of Wall Street was short changed by Obama.
Short and precise - couldn't have said better..

Old 09-04-2016, 10:00 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I swear, it's quite comical to see conservatives twist things around and omit parts of statements in order to make their viewpoint known, often times in stark contrast to what someone is actually saying.
Also comical to see every time some non-white person, often black, criticizes a Democratic president, candidate, or the Democratic Party in general, then it's proof positive that he or she is validating Republicans If the governor of Puerto Rico comes out and says he's voting for Trump, who cares? I'm still not voting for that lunatic

Old 09-04-2016, 10:19 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Which means that The state utility, and environmental resources boards approve it and then take a eminent domain claim to a federal judge. Are you arguing that the president should direct judges to deny the claims ?????

Thats the only way you could be saying that he has something to do with it.
The states have little to no power at all in the decision making process. Once FERC gives the go ahead, the environmental resource boards succumb and collapse.

The only reason many of these projects are in holding pattern is because both the oil/nat gas markets retracted to their lowest levels in 12-15 years.

Williams co, Kinder Morgan, etc, saw their share price reduced by as much as 80 percent. KMI was trading at nearly 45$ in late 2015, in late January 2016, it traded as low as 11.80

Every energy investor understands had the markets not collasped, all those projects would have been given the green light by barkey's administration.

By the way.....Obama is not the first black president - he's the first black puppet for wall street.

If Hillary should by chance win, she won't be the first female president, but instead, the fist female puppet for wall street.

Last edited by At-Chilles; 09-04-2016 at 10:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies