Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 06:18 PM

931 posts, read 801,647 times

Advertisements

Interesting article:

Bernie Sanders may have conceded the democratic nomination to Hillary Clinton last month, but that doesn’t mean he’s going anywhere.

Which I’ve been saying for months now. Win or lose, both Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump will have strong support groups for years to come. Especially when the economy turns south in the months and years ahead!
[MOD CUT/copyright violation]

If Trump Loses, Expect Civil War | Economy and Markets

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-04-2016 at 07:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 06:42 PM

8 posts, read 7,790 times
Quote:
Like I said back in March – both men have effectively hijacked their respective political parties.
Just my opinion but I don't think it's so much that they have hijacked the respective parties. I think it's more that both parties bases have rejected the orthodoxy thrust upon them by their party leadership.

It's been clear for quite some time now neither party particularly care for the average American in the street, they do the bidding of the corporations who finance their elections and who pump billions upon billions into lobbying in D.C. The American people have woken up to that reality.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:47 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
I dont see it. I believe almost all parties and Politcians are currupt and we have survived. I think the difference is we have visability to what they are up to.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:54 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro123 View Post
Interesting article:

Bernie Sanders may have conceded the democratic nomination to Hillary Clinton last month, but that doesn’t mean he’s going anywhere.

Which I’ve been saying for months now. Win or lose, both Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump will have strong support groups for years to come. Especially when the economy turns south in the months and years ahead!
[MOD CUT/copyright violation]

If Trump Loses, Expect Civil War | Economy and Markets
Well reasoned..but..I don't think so. A social movement based on 'cult of personality'--invested in a 70+ year old man...Is doomed to failure, IMO. I also think that you have his demographic posted a bit too high..I don't think most of the middle-class is in his camp..especially as a good portion of the emerging middle class is non-white. Add to that the age and social placement of his most vocal supporters...I don't see the power-base for a civil war.
If you think that the U.S. army would somehow back him (Trump)...I'd check your hole-card.
Our country is considerably more robust than you give it credit for!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-04-2016 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 09-04-2016, 06:54 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
It's unavoidable, whoever wins. There's no reason half the country will continue to subject themselves to rules, beliefs and policies they find repulsive. And another financial crisis IS coming.

We're better off splitting up into regional countries. Better still if the divorce was amicable, though I doubt government workers will let it happen peacefully.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:55 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
We have seen the BLM and the Attack Wall Street Protest all over the country when Liberals are offended.

We will just have to see how this ends.

Last edited by GHOSTRIDER AZ; 09-04-2016 at 08:07 PM..

Old 09-04-2016, 07:38 PM

513 posts, read 837,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
We're better off splitting up into regional countries.
Blue States Of North America and Red States Of North America. That's one way to get Mexico to not only pay for the wall, but to build it too...

Old 09-04-2016, 07:41 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
It's unavoidable, whoever wins. There's no reason half the country will continue to subject themselves to rules, beliefs and policies they find repulsive. And another financial crisis IS coming.

We're better off splitting up into regional countries. Better still if the divorce was amicable, though I doubt government workers will let it happen peacefully.
I agree with this. The West Coast has no interest in dealing with Republicans and an amicable divorce would be so much better.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:47 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,453 times
Sounds good to me either way! Trump wins and fixes things or Trump loses and we fix things another way!

Old 09-04-2016, 07:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
I have another idea, Why not a republican form of government with the powers of the federal government specifically enumerated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies