Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 12:56 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The objective of this thread seemed to be that the list was to shame universities that pander to the LGBT community.

This isnt about agreeing or disagreeing, it is about you viewing it as pandering to simply not want individuals discriminated based on their sexual orientation(again, the list goes deeper than that, but since this is a gay bashing thread, we will keep it on that subject).

Regardless of if you believe the universities have the right to do it(that isnt the subject of the thread), It still isnt something you should defend in and of itself.
"It still isnt something you should defend in and of itself."

That is YOUR opinion which you are free to have.

Others who diagree with the lgbt lifestyle ALSO are free to have THEIR opinions.

What about schools that "pander" to blacks, like Morgan State, Howard University etc?

It seems on many issue people ONLY want to allow opinions they agree with and cast insults at those who do NOT agree with them.

Old 09-05-2016, 12:58 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Just because I don't expect a school to pander to LGBT students doesn't mean I hate LGBT people.

"Hate" is such and over used, played out concept from the Left....

Can you guys not come up with something better, more original?

Really? Because somehow, I don't think you really know what the word actually means.
Define pander.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:02 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"It still isnt something you should defend in and of itself."

That is YOUR opinion which you are free to have.

Others who diagree with the lgbt lifestyle ALSO are free to have THEIR opinions.

What about schools that "pander" to blacks, like Morgan State, Howard University etc?

It seems on many issue people ONLY want to allow opinions they agree with and cast insults at those who do NOT agree with them.
If you believe people should have the right to discriminate, that is one thing.

This is about actually defending discrimination, do you defend the discrimination itself ????

Morgan and Howard allow students of every single race and nationality to attend. Did you think only black people could attend???? Im asking because I have actually met conservatives who believe that falsehood.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:05 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
The truth of the matter is that a lot of people wear their sexuality, but an "FBI" shirt or something of the like isnt viewed the same way as some LGBT pride shirt, and a straight couple in public holding hands or kissing isnt viewed as letting everyone and their brother in on your sexuality.
Quote:
a straight couple in public holding hands or kissing isnt viewed as letting everyone and their brother in on your sexuality
I never got off on that either and most people aren't me. Being sexually explicit in public is just rude behavior, imo. Showing affection in public does in no way declare, 'love'. But it does however, let every one and their brother in on a person's private affair.

Go to college to learn the things that further a career. Go home to learn the things that further a relationship.

However, I guess we now live in a political environment where lives are far more complicated, than they need to be.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I never got off on that either and most people aren't me. Being sexually explicit in public is just rude behavior, imo. Showing affection in public does in no way declare, 'love'. But it does however, let every one and their brother in on a person's private affair.

Go to college to learn the things that further a career. Go home to learn the things that further a relationship.

However, I guess we now live in a political environment where lives are far more complicated, than they need to be.
My point was that people in general dont view a straight couple kissing or a guy wearing a shirt about a female body part the same way they would view a gay couple doing the same.

Its a double standard.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:14 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
If you believe people should have the right to discriminate, that is one thing.

This is about actually defending discrimination, do you defend the discrimination itself ????

Morgan and Howard allow students of every single race and nationality to attend. Did you think only black people could attend???? Im asking because I have actually met conservatives who believe that falsehood.

Yes. How can you believe people have the right to discriminate and not defend discrimination? Colleges discriminate all the time.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:16 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

You think holding hands or kissing is sexually explicit behavior? Seriously? Have you never seen an old couple walking down the sidewalk holding hands? Would you sneer at that & find their behavior vulgar? Give me a break.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
My point was that people in general dont view a straight couple kissing or a guy wearing a shirt about a female body part the same way they would view a gay couple doing the same.

Its a double standard.

No it's two standards. One standard for straight couples and one standard for gay couples. That's two standards. A double standard would be what I just wrote but twice .

But seriously, I don't see a straight couple and a gay couple analogous. I'd see the latter more analogous to a pedophile couple or an incestuous couple.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yes. How can you believe people have the right to discriminate and not defend discrimination? Colleges discriminate all the time.
I defend the right to have an abortion, i dont defend abortions themselves. It not that hard to understand that you can defend something that you believe is a right, but not the action that results from it.

The same could be said about the legality of alcohol or discrimination on racial grounds.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I defend the right to have an abortion, i dont defend abortions themselves. It not that hard to understand that you can defend something that you believe is a right, but not the action that results from it.

The same could be said about the legality of alcohol or discrimination on racial grounds.

So then defend the right to discriminate and let people discriminate even though you don't defend discrimination.

You are being dishonest. You are not trying to prevent abortions but you are trying to prevent discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies