Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2016, 03:37 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
hmm.. that is your response to this?

No, as far as I can tell it has no relevance to my post, so why don't you explain it to me?
The left (dems) did not take over congress in 2008? It's completely relevant to your post.....but continue with your head in the sand....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Let's just look at the Republican Systems
Fighting ACA Health Care
Fighting Jobs Bill
Fighting Regulatory Management over Banking Systems
Fighting Regulatory Management over the Stock Market Systems
Fighting Raising the Minimum Wage
Fighting Environmental Concerns and Regulatory Management
Fighting to avoid the Wealthy from Paying their Fair Share of Tax
Fighting to Promote war Spending, and war escalations
Fighting to Cut back on Educational Funding
Fighting to try and Destroy Federal Governmental Agencies
Fighting filling the Supreme Court Vacancy
Fighting to Fund the Budget, Shutting Down the Government and Causing high interest rates on our debt
Fighting to try and play voucher rip off games with Medicare
Fighting to limit accessibility to Medicaid for Seniors
Fighting to convince Insurance companies to play games by backing out of ACA Guidelines
Fighting to avoid mandating All Insurance Companies Abide by ACA Guidelines
Fighting to allow Pharmaceutical to continue gouging the public, rather than regulated cost of Medicines.
Fighting to Continue giving research money to Medical Pharmacitucals, while allowing them to rip and rob the people
Fighting to minimize the amount of Punitive Damages greedy Doctors and Hospitals do to damage and harm people
Fighting to attack the same Mexican Immigrants they rely on for filling services jobs and to do service related works
Fighting to avoid investing in National Mental Health
Fighting to keep selling assault weapons into the public domian
Fighting against Unions
Fighting against Reducing University Cost
Fighting against forcing banking to stop ripping off Students for Student High Loan Interest
Fighting against Women's Right to be 100% Americans with full rights of person
Fighting against any program which can help the senior citizens and fighting against funding programs to help them.

The list just goes on and on ......

How about provide a reason they were fighting all this? Hell, even fox news does that, what's your excuse?

Quote:
One need only look around, they have drilled this madness tht it has sank into the heads of even the poor and near destitute whites people, who think supporting the Republican party is the "white person thing to do", while they fight to defeat themselves by doing so, and they remain unaware they are sticking spikes in their own feet.
They've convinced these same pool of people that fighting against Unions is the thing to do, while they see more benefits being stripped away and denied and work rule rights being eroded, and yet they are taught to follow the Republican madness.
A whole generation of poor whites have been consumed and removed from the progressive pathways, by pill addictions,heroin as whole segments of the Midwest is not like "Junkie's Village" USA , While in the inner cities its drugs, gangs and wild west style kill each other from destitution and despair,while they scurry scavenging what they can from each other and preying on each other for the concepts of survival. While they are bombarded with media imagery of opulence and material measure as the value points being promoted, such methodology is guaranteed to extend and prolong the self destruction through another entire generation.

One cannot be unaware of this, especially in a nation that spent more than 200+ years in hard core slavery structured systems and even more in indenture and segregation programming. Therefore, one would be foolish to assume there is any low that the people who aspire to the love of such Antebellum divisiveness would not do all they can to continue such madness, by any means and methods they can.

People simply need to be aware. Ashley Furniture is only a microcosm to identify the ongoing of such. They want to move to the most backward State in the nation, where they can use the people for as cheap as possible, while still feeding the pockets of executives who's greed is beyond comprehension.
Not even worth responding to...

Oh and hey...links are awesome, something you have forgotten....

Old 09-07-2016, 03:44 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Not even close to the premise of the thread, but great job showing your knowledge...
That is EXACTLY the premise of the thread.

What did you think it was?

Old 09-07-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That is EXACTLY the premise of the thread.

What did you think it was?
Post 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The workers should leave with the jobs. They can live more cheaply in those other states.
^^^ You do understand that the premise of the thread is about the OP's first post, right....

Not even close to the premise of this thread, thanks for playing, try again.

But maybe you can show us exact posts you are talking about, that support your thoughts....I'll wait...

Old 09-07-2016, 04:23 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Keep dreaming. Meanwhile, open up your tax wallet.
Who's dreaming? I think you're dreaming, and you don't understand basic economics. Did you ever take a course in economics? Did you ever take a business course?

Old 09-07-2016, 04:29 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
The left (dems) did not take over congress in 2008? It's completely relevant to your post.....but continue with your head in the sand....
The left (dems) had total control of congress for a whopping 4 months, The right (repubs) have had control of both houses since the midterm elections in 2014.

I guess now I should ask you where your head has been since you apparently are not aware of the composition of congress, something most 8th graders know.

Old 09-07-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The left (dems) had total control of congress for a whopping 4 months, The right (repubs) have had control of both houses since the midterm elections in 2014.

I guess now I should ask you where your head has been since you apparently are not aware of the composition of congress, something most 8th graders know.
Glad you agree....

You do realize we are talking about 2008, and you bring up a link that says 2014?

Hahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

My head is fine, but your head apparently thinks that the year 2014 is before
2008? Not sure why?

Old 09-07-2016, 04:49 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Let's just look at the Republican Systems
Fighting ACA Health Care
Fighting Jobs Bill
Fighting Regulatory Management over Banking Systems
Fighting Regulatory Management over the Stock Market Systems
Fighting Raising the Minimum Wage
Fighting Environmental Concerns and Regulatory Management
Fighting to avoid the Wealthy from Paying their Fair Share of Tax
Fighting to Promote war Spending, and war escalations
Fighting to Cut back on Educational Funding
Fighting to try and Destroy Federal Governmental Agencies
Fighting filling the Supreme Court Vacancy
Fighting to Fund the Budget, Shutting Down the Government and Causing high interest rates on our debt
Fighting to try and play voucher rip off games with Medicare
Fighting to limit accessibility to Medicaid for Seniors
Fighting to convince Insurance companies to play games by backing out of ACA Guidelines
Fighting to avoid mandating All Insurance Companies Abide by ACA Guidelines
Fighting to allow Pharmaceutical to continue gouging the public, rather than regulated cost of Medicines.
Fighting to Continue giving research money to Medical Pharmacitucals, while allowing them to rip and rob the people
Fighting to minimize the amount of Punitive Damages greedy Doctors and Hospitals do to damage and harm people
Fighting to attack the same Mexican Immigrants they rely on for filling services jobs and to do service related works
Fighting to avoid investing in National Mental Health
Fighting to keep selling assault weapons into the public domian
Fighting against Unions
Fighting against Reducing University Cost
Fighting against forcing banking to stop ripping off Students for Student High Loan Interest
Fighting against Women's Right to be 100% Americans with full rights of person
Fighting against any program which can help the senior citizens and fighting against funding programs to help them.

The list just goes on and on ......

One need only look around, they have drilled this madness tht it has sank into the heads of even the poor and near destitute whites people, who think supporting the Republican party is the "white person thing to do", while they fight to defeat themselves by doing so, and they remain unaware they are sticking spikes in their own feet.
They've convinced these same pool of people that fighting against Unions is the thing to do, while they see more benefits being stripped away and denied and work rule rights being eroded, and yet they are taught to follow the Republican madness.
A whole generation of poor whites have been consumed and removed from the progressive pathways, by pill addictions,heroin as whole segments of the Midwest is not like "Junkie's Village" USA , While in the inner cities its drugs, gangs and wild west style kill each other from destitution and despair,while they scurry scavenging what they can from each other and preying on each other for the concepts of survival. While they are bombarded with media imagery of opulence and material measure as the value points being promoted, such methodology is guaranteed to extend and prolong the self destruction through another entire generation.

One cannot be unaware of this, especially in a nation that spent more than 200+ years in hard core slavery structured systems and even more in indenture and segregation programming. Therefore, one would be foolish to assume there is any low that the people who aspire to the love of such Antebellum divisiveness would not do all they can to continue such madness, by any means and methods they can.

People simply need to be aware. Ashley Furniture is only a microcosm to identify the ongoing of such. They want to move to the most backward State in the nation, where they can use the people for as cheap as possible, while still feeding the pockets of executives who's greed is beyond comprehension.
I wish I had time today... I don't so im going to have to come back to this tomorrow....this is going to be fun. thank you chance and change for serving up prog pabulum.

Old 09-07-2016, 05:08 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Glad you agree....
You do realize we are talking about 2008, and you bring up a link that says 2014?
Hahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
My head is fine, but your head apparently thinks that the year 2014 is before
2008? Not sure why?
No, if you check again you will see that there is a link to an article regarding the composition of congress in 2008 -AND- in 2014. You would do well to control your impulse to attack until you are sure you are right.

Old 09-07-2016, 05:11 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,225,328 times
Default The grace of honest information enlightens those whom pursue it.

Quote:
How about provide a reason they were fighting all this? Hell, even fox news does that, what's your excuse?

Not even worth responding to...

Oh and hey...links are awesome, something you have forgotten....
The grace of honest information enlightens those whom pursue it.

If one does not follow the news and the issues, I'm truly sorry for such levels of unawareness. All these things have been in the media, some in the courts and also on CSPAN in the Politicians Speaking Forums as well as within the political committee discussions, and the Print media has expounded on these items with a vast spectrum of information.
I do understand the generalized Republican framework is: "Don't confuse or confound with fact, because they have their mind made up", but maybe MLK said it best, when he said, “There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity” Though he said it many years ago, the principle of such is still relevant today. in case anyone is unaware of who MLK was, this might give some perspective.

One would have to go back and read the multitude of posting I've submitted and there are a variety of links to a variety of subject matter.
I would not submit my time at this point to go back and link data to all the list of things Republican have fought, I'd take it that one would be aware of their stand and position on these matters if they chose to make commentary response to their postings. Besides I write quite a bit, but its not likely I'd make an expounding on all such list in this threads commentary section, but I can assure you that much of it can be found in various previous postings I've submitted on Citi-Data. I don't talk just to talk, nor do I just write because I'm able to type.
We live in the age of information, it is to the individuals better benefit to gain as much information as possible on matters, concerns, issue and subject material, and I give myself the regard to pursue and attain such. Therefore writing is not a chore and posting subject content is not a frightful thing. It is a sharing, that those whom choose to engage in the enlightening of discussions and even pursue and/or gain awareness as too, awakenings and discovery, the content will arouse and support those interest. To some it may even bring an unbearable irritation as they fight against history’s truths.

I care greatly about the ethic's of things, and certainly the civility of morality, and the moral integrity of what is humane value as well as the overall social benefit to the posterity of mankind as well as the current day society in which we live, inclusive of all its challenges we are yet to meet and overcome.

Quote:
Toward the end of the Reconstruction era, something very significant happened. That is what was known as the Populist Movement. The leaders of this movement began awakening the poor white masses and the former Negro slaves to the fact that they were being fleeced by the emerging Bourbon interests. Not only that, but they began uniting the Negro and white masses into a voting bloc that threatened to drive the Bourbon interests from the command posts of political power in the South.

To meet this threat, the southern aristocracy began immediately to engineer this development of a segregated society.
As to the part one cares not to address, maybe the wording "the poor and near destitute whites people", is a challenge to some to acknowledge, ingest and digest to understand it as being a reality. Is more than some can bear to consider to consider.

I do understand as MLK said:
Quote:
it may be said of the Reconstruction era that the southern aristocracy took the world and gave the poor white man Jim Crow. He gave him Jim Crow. And when his wrinkled stomach cried out for the food that his empty pockets could not provide, he ate Jim Crow, a psychological bird that told him that no matter how bad off he was, at least he was a white man, better than the black man. And he ate Jim Crow. And when his undernourished children cried out for the necessities that his low wages could not provide, he showed them the Jim Crow signs on the buses and in the stores, on the streets and in the public buildings. And his children, too, learned to feed upon Jim Crow, their last outpost of psychological oblivion
Therefore one may serve ones self better to not fear the wording of "the poor and near destitute whites people", because policy's that are instituted are as much and continue to be an impact upon this very same group in this very same day and age. It too was, these same "the poor and near destitute whites people", who suffered to have their pathway to middle class life cut off as well, via Union Busting, and Outsourcing. It was never designed just to curtail minorities and women, it also was a conscience decision to consider "the poor and near destitute whites people" of this society as "collateral damage" !!!, that was the only element of sacrifice the system considered as a sacrifice, the rest was a direct and systemic aim, to ensure that minorities and would find difficultly, challenge and hardship to get to middle class living standards and would not have a pathway to economic equilibrium with the white male society in general.
None of that happen by accident, but by prescription and engagement to enact the prescription.

Direct from the Jim Crow bowels, it stated:
Quote:
treating blacks as equals would encourage interracial sexual unions; any activity which suggested social equality encouraged interracial sexual relations; if necessary, violence must be used to keep blacks at the bottom of the racial hierarchy.
Therefore, if one understand what is the system roots that today's issue sprang from, and what of mental fertilizer that feed into the frenzy and disproportionate realizations of the current economic imbalances, then on need only understand what is the history in America.

Ashley Furniture is following the generalized prescription, its move to Mississippi, fits to the tee!!. again, I quote:
Quote:
You see, it was a simple thing to keep the poor white masses working for near-starvation wages in the years that followed the Civil War. Why, if the poor white plantation or mill worker became dissatisfied with his low wages, the plantation or mill owner would merely threaten to fire him and hire former Negro slaves and pay him even less. Thus, the southern wage level was kept almost unbearably low.
This is clear indication of the prescription Ashley Furniture is following to capitalize on this very point and aspect. It is no accident they chose North Carolina, Mississippi and Wisconsin !!!! It's good they remain in America, but also consider the dynamic's of the locations they are moving to.
"

Last edited by Chance and Change; 09-07-2016 at 05:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies