Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 09:09 AM

1,943 posts, read 3,337,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post

How about blacks behaving like CIVILIZED HUMAN BEINGS towards each other? That would be a GREAT start. It would be nice that if they ever get into some sort of dispute or argument with each other that instead of immediately turning to violence that they could keep their cool and stick with using WORDS AND REASONING to solve the problem or maybe just maybe WALK AWAY instead of pulling out a gun or a knife or throwing punches. But that would be asking wayyyyy too much from most black people.
Of course I should have known this kind of response would be coming. At least the OP gave a viable response. I know some of you people (the ignorant) like to group blacks up like we are all one but that's not the case. There are blacks in these same areas (like Chicago) who are sick and fed up with all the violent crime and trying to do things about it but you won't see that in the media. Then we have people like you calling us ALL uncivilized like the 13 percent of us think and act the same and like other races don't commit crime 45% of homicides were committed by whites in 2014 and increased in 2015 (are they uncivilized) and don't give me that well whites are the majority well crime is crime no one is perfect.

I think I read somewhere that even though we are only 13% percent of the population of the USA, we only commit around 1% of crime? WHY is the negative always paid more attention to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 09:17 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,755,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Chicago: 75% of Murdered are Black, 71% of Murderers are Black

Chicago: 75% of Murdered are Black, 71% of Murderers are Black | Intellectual Takeout
The real percentage of black offenders is probably much higher than that. 71% is the figure for the 128 homicides that led to convictions in 2011. But in that same year over 433 homicides occurred. The vast majority of murders in Chicago do not lead to a conviction and the main reason for that is likely that people in the hood do not cooperate with police in investigations, leading to lower conviction rates of black killers.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:17 AM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
And those who committed those murders will go to jail, so justice will be served.

Next subject.
Wrong, thanks in part to the "no snitch" code of the streets, less than 50% of homicides are solved which is well below the national average.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:20 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,032,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
45% of homicides were committed by whites in 2014 and increased in 2015 (are they uncivilized) and don't give me that well whites are the majority well crime is crime no one is perfect.
No race is perfect but let's put this into perspective. If suppose you had two communities that both had populations of 100K where one was white and the other was black. There is going to be about 2 murders in the white community, the black community is going to have about 12.

Quote:
I think I read somewhere that even though we are only 13% percent of the population of the USA, we only commit around 1% of crime?
As a total that is not even remotely close, for example blacks committed 55% of all robberies in 2014.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43

That is before you even adjust for population. Also note that "white" includes Hispanics.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:21 AM

1,544 posts, read 924,376 times
One of these threads again...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
And those who committed those murders will go to jail, so justice will be served.

Next subject.
Much as I share your sentiments, I have to respectfully disagree. Two reasons:

1) The Justice system is flawed.
2) These folks are just going to keep making threads about Black Lives Matter, or anything else they can throw at Black people to take the heat off their butts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Seems like you really actually care about the people being murdered. What are some ways we can decrease the "violence?"

You have any ideas?
They only care enough to point fingers and snicker. There are people in Chicago working to stop the violence, but they won't show you that on TV for fear they'd lose ratings.

Quote:
Precisely! There's absolutely no problem!

Non-Hispanic Black, 37,685,848, 12.2% of US population.
How about you stop bringing up statistics and do something to help decrease them? Sitting on your ass and griping about crime in that part of Illinois isn't helping the situation.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:25 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,675,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
But... But.... Democrats said Black lives matter and that means saying sweet politically correct things!

Let's get real, if you truly want to save Black lives then we need to crack down on crime, PERIOD.
According to the leaders in the Democrat ic Party, who support and endorse BLM, it's time for the entire nation to hate whitey and especially the po-lease

Old 09-06-2016, 09:28 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,702,646 times
Quote:
Chicago: 75% of Murdered are Black, 71% of Murderers are Black

Chicago: 75% of Murdered are Black, 71% of Murderers are Black | Intellectual Takeout

500 homicides. 9 months. 1 American city.

Chicago's 500 homicides: How we got here - CNN.com

Come'n white people. It's time for you to confess your sins again!
Do you really want to KNOW....How we got here. First, let me rephrase it. 75% murdered are descendants of Africans brought to America to be slaves. 71% of murderers are descendants of Africans brought to America to be slaves (contrast the rate of violence between AA and first and second generation blacks from Africa). How did we get here? First, slavery. Then after slavery there existed Jim Crow and racial oppression in the south. Seeking a better life, descendants of enslaved Africans migrated to the North for better opportunities working in factories in places like Cleveland, Detroit, Gary, Flint....Chicago...and more. When blacks moved in, whites moved out or discrimination kept blacks on certain sides of town, while economic discrimination continued to take its toll. Drugs eventually flooded these communities and became a source of income, not unlike bootlegging became a source of income for many poor immigrant white communities in the 1920's during prohibition. Like during prohibition, the competition for this illegal market resulted in a lot of violence. This violence fomented gangs and cliques that would compete in the market via violence. The arrest of many gang leaders and the destruction of many large high rise housing complexes integrated gangs into the same community....resulting in increased levels of violence. Then member of the right wing media began highlighting crime in Chicago because it was the adopted home town of the democratic President and was used against democratic policies. The hyper focus on violence, by the media, inflamed more violence in the city as people then fear they have to kill first...or be killed. Seen it all before in Detroit....

Old 09-06-2016, 09:32 AM

1,544 posts, read 924,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
How about blacks behaving like CIVILIZED HUMAN BEINGS towards each other? That would be a GREAT start. It would be nice that if they ever get into some sort of dispute or argument with each other that instead of immediately turning to violence that they could keep their cool and stick with using WORDS AND REASONING to solve the problem or maybe just maybe WALK AWAY instead of pulling out a gun or a knife or throwing punches. But that would be asking wayyyyy too much from most black people.
Do you know all Black people to make this generalization?

I'm Black and I know many other Black people who carry themselves with respect...and they live in the 'hood like I do. I often go to events where I network with my people, and we are civilized (gasp!) with each other.

Black people are not animals in a zoo, nor should you make such implications or comparisons.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
One of these threads again...?

Much as I share your sentiments, I have to respectfully disagree. Two reasons:

1) The Justice system is flawed.
2) These folks are just going to keep making threads about Black Lives Matter, or anything else they can throw at Black people to take the heat off their butts.
What "heat" are you talking about??? People are being murdered in cities like the 500 in Chicago, and yet the democrats and their cronies want to deflect the national focus and pretend the problem is the police.

Quote:
They only care enough to point fingers and snicker. There are people in Chicago working to stop the violence, but they won't show you that on TV for fear they'd lose ratings.
Typical thinking for democrats, it's the thought that counts, not the lack of any positive results.

Quote:
How about you stop bringing up statistics and do something to help decrease them? Sitting on your ass and griping about crime in that part of Illinois isn't helping the situation.
It's worth pointing them out, because the democrats want to ignore these facts, and flip everything on its head, by pretending the danger for blacks in Chicago is one or two people getting getting shot by the police, and not the 500 shot dead by criminals and by punks in drug gangs.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Do you know all Black people to make this generalization?

I'm Black and I know many other Black people who carry themselves with respect...and they live in the 'hood like I do. I often go to events where I network with my people, and we are civilized (gasp!) with each other.

Black people are not animals in a zoo, nor should you make such implications or comparisons.
I agree, stereotypes like the one you responded to are ignorant, and only make things worse.

BTW, it should anger the people living in Chicago, with their neighbors being shot and murdered at such an unacceptable level, and it's being overshadowed by our government's obsession, especially this president, making the focus about the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies