Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 09:41 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times

Advertisements

Some brutal footage of amateur security with little to no control of the attack dogs.

Dakota Access Pipeline Company Attacks Native American Protesters with Dogs and Pepper Spray

VIDEO: Dakota Access Pipeline Company Attacks Native American Protesters with Dogs and Pepper Spray | Democracy Now!
On September 3, the Dakota Access pipeline company attacked Native Americans with dogs and pepper spray as they protested against the $3.8 billion pipeline’s construction. If completed, the pipeline would carry about 500,000 barrels of crude per day from North Dakota’s Bakken oilfield to Illinois. The project has faced months of resistance from the Standing Rock Sioux tribe and members of nearly 100 more tribes from across the U.S. and Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 10:15 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,607,230 times
Law enforcement issues statement on Dakota Access Pipeline protest

Quote:
Once protestors arrived at the construction area, they broke down a wire fence by stepping and jumping on it. According to numerous witnesses within five minutes the crowd of protestors, estimated to be a few hundred people became violent. They stampeded into the construction area with horses, dogs and vehicles.

Protestors physically assaulted private security officers hired by Dakota Access Pipeline. The security officers were hit and jabbed with fence posts and flag poles. According to several reports from security officers, knives were pulled on them or they witnessed protestors with large knives.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:57 AM

Law Enforcement wasn't even there. They just used the press release the pipeline issued. The Indians were the people that were attacked by thugs. The reporter there at the protest from Democracy Now was the woman that narrates its daily. Watch the video please. I haven't seen any of this video on the major news stations.

The pipeline company jumped a head 16 miles and destroyed the sacred areas while a judge was determining if a Restraining order was in order. The pipeline company used information provided to the court by the tribe to request the restraining order.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:03 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Whites pressing West with wagons, setting up forts and settlements, then Train tracks, roads, highways and now a pipeline have always been at odds with the Native American tribes that "get in the way" of progress.

It never ends well for the Indians.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:07 AM

Agreed.

Guards accused of unleashing dogs, pepper-spraying oil pipeline protesters - CBS News

Standing Rock Sioux Chairman David Archambault II said in a statement that construction crews removed topsoil across an area about 150 feet wide stretching for 2 miles.

“This demolition is devastating,” Archambault said. “These grounds are the resting places of our ancestors. The ancient cairns and stone prayer rings there cannot be replaced. In one day, our sacred land has been turned into hollow ground.”

Old 09-06-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Law Enforcement wasn't even there. They just used the press release the pipeline issued. The Indians were the people that were attacked by thugs. The reporter there at the protest from Democracy Now was the woman that narrates its daily. Watch the video please. I haven't seen any of this video on the major news stations.

The pipeline company jumped a head 16 miles and destroyed the sacred areas while a judge was determining if a Restraining order was in order. The pipeline company used information provided to the court by the tribe to request the restraining order.
Interesting, you are asserting their statement is an outright lie?

I'll have to read up, I haven't seen that claim.

Old 09-06-2016, 12:10 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,102,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Interesting, you are asserting their statement is an outright lie?

I'll have to read up, I haven't seen that claim.
The democracy Now broadcast was saying that the police statement was taken from the company's press release on the incident...now while I am aware that Democracy Now is leftist media, it is odd that the mainstream media is not reporting on this explosive news

Old 09-07-2016, 08:07 AM

The video is very easy to watch and under stand. The Indians are saying it was not a Protest but a PROTECT of grave sites and other religious sites being destroyed by the pipeline company leaping ahead 16 miles and dozing a 150ft wide swath 2 miles long.

The pipeline says they have the right of condemnation because the oil benefits us all. IOWA HAS 15 FARMERS IN THE SAME BOAT. darn caps. The lawyer says it is wrong to think that those oil dollars are going to flow back into Iowa. This will be heavy crude destined for export.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogoesthere View Post
The democracy Now broadcast was saying that the police statement was taken from the company's press release on the incident...now while I am aware that Democracy Now is leftist media, it is odd that the mainstream media is not reporting on this explosive news
Yes, democracy now has proven it is not a reputable source for information.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:00 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Seems to be a matter of perspective, as to how to interpret this incident. What I see , is two groups clashing, private security contractors and Native American Indian solidarity groups, that's fat amount to tossing two barncats in a bag, and throwing the bag over the clothesline. Result...spitting, squalling, raucous mess. Security contractors are known for being a bit ...fond...of having a reason to use force. Many are either wannabe cops, who couldn't make the cut, or former military, forward deployed types, who couldn't pass a temperament profile for actual LE.

On the flipside, I've got some experience with Native American Indian "activist" groups. Some of them are quite prone to violent means to ends. There is a group on the reservation near me, that is pretty nasty. They have divorced themselves from all authority, I clouding their own tribal council, they are heavily armed, and often fueled by drugs (meth being preferred) and alcohol. They live apart, in a desperate area of the Red, and even the federal BIA cops won't go near them.

This seems like an explosive, highly reactive ,mix in this situation. I do see the Indians point. I've seen mining company's , here, just flat rape cultural sites and pristine lands. They walk all over everyone, not just the Indians. Some, not all certainly, but some, of these Native groups literally go on the warpath. Shooting at workers, setting equipment on fire, it gets scary sometimes. Mine security often looms like something you would see in Afghanistan, consequently. And a lot of the security people really dig the atmosphere of combat. Mental stability isn't a prerequisite for hireing.

Sounds like this pipeline project is going to get worse before it gets better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies