Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 05:13 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nope. But it's a horrible choice now.
Was a good choice until Teddy Roosevelt clashed too much with the big business libertarian-leaning wing of the Republican Party and pulled out his Progressives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 06:37 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
It was the 2007 Hollywood writer's strike. And I'm not being completely facetious.
I would like for you to explain more about this.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I think African Americans and Latino or Asians. Need to speak for themselves And make their own decisions
To add onto that, I will say this. Anyone interested in making inroads with the Black population, Latino population, Asian population,etc, needs to think of these things.

1) Do not talk down to those whom you hope to have vote for you.
2) Do not be presumptuous.
3) Listen to what the persons have to say.
4) Do not say "(Insert ethnic group) needs to vote for your party.

What I've seen is this. One avoids a certain group. Or, if one is speaking to a certain group, hubris and complaining come along with this. I saw this with Newt Gingrich and his "food stamps" comment. I saw this with Rick Santorum and his "I don't want Blacks to succeed off of my money" comment.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:39 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I would like for you to explain more about this.
That's when everyone began to accept that reality TV (like The Apprentice) was reality...and learned to love it.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
That's when everyone began to accept that reality TV (like The Apprentice) was reality...and learned to love it.
In short, this electionew should be regarded as entertainment.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:08 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
Default Emails

Clinton mocks the Black Leadership as powerless.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:35 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Clinton mocks the Black Leadership as powerless.
1.What do you mean ????

2. Who are the black leadership ?

3. And regardless, how would they gain power by voting or becoming republicans

Old 10-15-2016, 02:05 AM

5 posts, read 3,121 times
Actually, 9 of the 10 poorest states in the Union are Conservative States, and they happen to have the highest populations of black Americans.

In addition to having the poorest people (low median incomes and poverty fostering federal min wage), they're the most dependent on Federal Aid to make up for general revenue gaps, general revenue gaps are created by residents not paying enough local and State taxes. For example, Mississippi gets 49% of its general revenue from Federal Aid ... they're the most Federal Government dependent State in the union.
Basically, the Blue States subsidize the Red States.

These States have poor K--12 test scores as well.

Black, white, Latino, ANY race, it is not in your best interest to vote Republican... and definitely not Trump

Old 10-15-2016, 03:05 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you want votes, you don't go out and say "Black people should vote for this candidate". You go to the communities, talk to the voters, listen to them, campaign in their communities. John Kasich did that. Rand Paul went to the people. He acknowledged that there are some issues that have an impact on Blacks. He didn't go on this "Blacks should vote Republican" crap.
You're right. This is spot on.

I don't think Trump is racist, but he is so clueless re how cringeworthy some of the things he says are, to black people and to others, that it almost doesn't matter if he is racist or not. The example that comes to my mind the fastest was at a rally in Northern California (far north of major population centers...might have been near or in Redding) where there was one black guy in the audience and Trump...at the microphone, thinking he was being positive....referred to the guy as "my African American" .

Old 10-15-2016, 10:34 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlerainn View Post
Actually, 9 of the 10 poorest states in the Union are Conservative States, and they happen to have the highest populations of black Americans.

In addition to having the poorest people (low median incomes and poverty fostering federal min wage), they're the most dependent on Federal Aid to make up for general revenue gaps, general revenue gaps are created by residents not paying enough local and State taxes. For example, Mississippi gets 49% of its general revenue from Federal Aid ... they're the most Federal Government dependent State in the union.
Basically, the Blue States subsidize the Red States.

These States have poor K--12 test scores as well.

Black, white, Latino, ANY race, it is not in your best interest to vote Republican... and definitely not Trump
Conservative and Republican are not exclusive terms.

There is a such thing as conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans.

Trump is by no means a Conservative.
As a matter of fact,that is why he is popular.

Why has Trump swung conservative,I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies