Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 08:04 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,075,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
I wonder if notme ever enjoys a song?
Or movie?

Because those industries are fueled and driven by the kind of people and behaviors that he/she hates.

No music or movies for notme. Let's see some real dedication on your part for once.
Hi poster .. you're getting pretty far off the thread point and wandering into personal attacks but hey..I'm durable

Why wouldn't you want to date a stoner

Just for you and your music appreciation
Enjoy

Hip-Hop's 25 Best Weed Songs | Village Voice

I love old movies... 1940s... And I love old dance movies..gene Kelly..ginger Rogers...

Since you asked... I'm a successful metal artist..large landscape art... I love to weld.. one of my many passions where skilful hand eye coordination is used...along with left brain creativity.

Developing the MIS software used huge amounts of creativity.. ingenuity.. and thinking outside the box.
Writing the granny twelve plant law required...determination..never giving up in the face and din of angry and at times violent pro mj folks...

Always humming the song " never give up"...I like to hum it when I have my hands in the soil of our large organic garden where we grow most of our food...being vegan really helps

How about you?....what goes on in your head when you're high?

A stoner wouldn't be able to do any creative thing except being good at getting high..I guess in the strictest sense of the meaning that could be creative .. or good at their pursuit

You received a direct and polite answer to your off topic question...if you don't like the answer then it's your communication or misinterpretation that is flawed

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-07-2016 at 08:21 PM..

Old 09-07-2016, 08:08 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,344,885 times
All those words and unable to directly answer the questions posed.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:43 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
What did the green leaf do to you?
There is a big big difference between pot users and stoners.

I have lots of pot users as friends, stoners are a whole other animal and while generally loveable...can get annoying as f*ck as you get older.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:25 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,436,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
10 reasons why young people should not date a stoner
Good reasons.

[legalize it anyway]

Old 09-07-2016, 10:55 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,312,630 times
Its funny. The MIS software he talks about? Probably written by a stoner. Seriously, most software companies have stopped drug testing their employees as its just too hard to find them, and WAAY too many are using pot.

And that was BEFORE they started legalizing it!

I can think of a LOT more reasons to not date a cop as many have pointed out....but just like the anti-pot nonsense that is not really fair. I know a few cops, even chatted with some tonight, and all of the ones I know in my area have been pretty great folks-but some of the cops where I grew up weren't such nice people. And while I disagree with notmeofficer, lets be honest.....he truly believes he is doing the right thing. He doesn't have bad intentions, he is just wrong. So lets keep in mind, we may all be disagreeing on this, but all of the people here want our country to be a good place to be, we just differ on some details.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:35 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,631,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its funny. The MIS software he talks about? Probably written by a stoner. Seriously, most software companies have stopped drug testing their employees as its just too hard to find them, and WAAY too many are using pot.

I can think of a LOT more reasons to not date a cop as many have pointed out....but just like the anti-pot nonsense that is not really fair. I know a few cops, even chatted with some tonight, and all of the ones I know in my area have been pretty great folks-but some of the cops where I grew up weren't such nice people. And while I disagree with notmeofficer, lets be honest.....he truly believes he is doing the right thing. He doesn't have bad intentions, he is just wrong. So lets keep in mind, we may all be disagreeing on this, but all of the people here want our country to be a good place to be, we just differ on some details.
First time in one of the OP'S threads that I've actually seen the proper use of ellipses!

Old 09-07-2016, 11:47 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,113,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
I wonder if notme ever enjoys a song?
Or movie?

Because those industries are fueled and driven by the kind of people and behaviors that he/she hates.

No music or movies for notme. Let's see some real dedication on your part for once.
No coffee and no software either.

And no art. And no gourmet food. A good novel? Nope.

I suppose he could just spend the rest of his life eating gruel in a barn or something though.

Last edited by ohhwanderlust; 09-08-2016 at 12:03 AM..

Old 09-08-2016, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
No coffee and no software either.

And no art. And no gourmet food. A good novel? Nope.

I suppose he could just spend the rest of his life eating gruel in a barn or something though.
Hi poster..anything remotely on point in your response?

For example if you've been stoned..and by your response I assume you have..do you think you would be a good date for the opposite sex..or maybe the same possibly if that is your preference?

While stoned and nodding off do you think for example that you could share any life experiences with any semblance of quality with the person you were with?

A small number of posters in the past on this site have professed how much more creative they were when stoned..how much better they were at other activities... But when faced with scientific evidence otherwise engaged in simple attacks or failed to answer the question... So...scientifically do you think there is good cause not to date a stoner..because in the original link there were studies showing diminished capacity while stoned.

You did read the link correct?... Can you address the points as some other posters have?.

When stoned does it affect your memory at all of prior events?
Science says so...and common sense dictates that it does. Hand eye coordination.. spacial perception.. even knowledge of time are affected. We already know through medical studies that sexual function is also affected negatively...regardless of all the I'm a pothead tiger stories offered up on here.

Now let's talk about some other more benign but offensive issues that would be good cause not to date a stoner
1) they stink like skunk
2) they aren't highly motivated
3) they won't be holding down a good job..not a productive one anyway...even working a marijuana shop they would have higher theft issues..more sick times used..more on the job injuries... And be less capable employees..at least that's what the evidence bears out from studies in Colorado..a partly out friendly state
4) they would have more psychological issues

Again..all the more reason not to date a stoner.

All these factors would make you..if you were stoned a very poor date.

That is if you remembered the date

Don't you agree ?

During times in my personal life on a spiritual journey I have used both proper nutrition and fasting as a way to be in touch with reality and frugal living...eating "gruel" provided it was vegan "in a barn" sounds pretty pleasant to me... As a matter of fact I enjoy eating in the barn because of the richness of life around me. Much better than some room in mommy and daddy's apartment in the city toking up...

Don't you think?

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-08-2016 at 02:40 AM..

Old 09-08-2016, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Define "stoner". I didn't see the definition in the article other than someone who is "addicted" is a stoner. Is a stoner someone who smokes all day every day, someone who smokes on the weekend only, or someone who smokes after work three times a week...

My personal experience with pot smokers is they often are just like social drinkers. Personally, I always preferred to smoke a joint rather than have a drink. Unfortunately, I don't have the choice in Texas. We are 20 years behind the rest of the country in legalizing drugs.

Stoner as defined by Webster's

Stoner | Definition of Stoner by Merriam-Webster

Now..marijuana users have their own opinions of what stoners are

http://www.marijuana.com/community/t...stoner.177552/

My personal interpretation of a stoner..

1) daily use
2) has smoked alone using mj as a crutch
3) feels the need or physiological desire to smoke daily
4) their life is affected negatively in any measurable way
5) have tolerance to the drug and /or seek higher concentrations to get stoned..either by quantity or type..BHO..hash etc

Similar to an alcoholic

We have several on this board who admit the above behavior..they would be better to ask than me...if they could be honest..but like alcoholics self admission they have an issue... is an issue

I think it's readily apparent in this thread why you wouldn't want to date a stoner...
They cannot keep on point and as such they would be horrible conversationalists.

There are lots of threads out there from stoners whining how they are good dates...and lots of threads that are pretty funny about dating them

http://theimpersonals.com/2011/12/19...-a-pot-smoker/

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-08-2016 at 03:12 AM..

Old 09-08-2016, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Was granny twelve plant wrong?.... More than 2/3 of my county voted for it.... I must have done something right...

Since California produces the vast majority of domestic weed it's pretty important to minimize the damage from it don't you think? Currently that damage is extreme.

Would you want to date a stoner... If you weren't one I mean...from what I can tell even from pro mj sites the answer is generally no...

We're going to have an entire population of socially and physically dysfunctional people... The number is several million on the low end based upon use projections

Chances are everyone knows a stoner who runs in marijuana circles

I have described the MIS ..pronounced "miss" software that I worked on for over a year as a part of a illegal marijuana eradication campaign. (I was not alone.. there were Leo partners and numerous different technology partners (ag/aerospace/it).. I'll be polite and repeat the description for you.
To combat the illegal outdoor grows that have overtaken and grossly damaged the California landscape the CAMP program was expanded. This was extremely resource intensive involving the use of Blackhawk helicopters and the human eye to discern grows. I have been on a number of overflights that missed camouflaged grows or in areas too dangerous to fly for conditions. Historically Google could do a rough analysis but this still required labor intensive human interpetation and with that error.

Working directly with existing technology companies and military technology already in use a program was written that identifies marijuana from the surrounding landscape. It actually wasn't as difficult as it sounds for a number of reasons i won't disclose. Using on board GPS and other geo referenced databases an exact location of a grow could be determined robotically..and without risk to human life.
The helicopters get shot at and are always at risk working in remote terrain. MIS eliminated all of the above issues and is doing so more accurately, expediently, and at dramatically lower cost (after start up)

There's much more to it on the application side..but this is an overview. A number of counties are asking for it and there are negotiations above my pay grade that are discussing cost sharing of resources..since the program can operate 24/7 and humans cannot..I see a huge potential uptick in use in the next year ... If and when legalization occurs the funding will be expanded and I expect it will be commonplace for awhile until the illegal grows are tamped down... It will also help protect compliant grows as the database will be able to geo-reference legally licensed grows. During beta testing it has been set with the parameters of 99 plants ..which our D.A. feels is an automatic conviction level. It can be set for any level and is highly accurate for any outdoor grows. It is also used for intel on potential high risk warrant services on marijuana operations where armed subjects are present. Currently I'm working funded by a grant for this. If legalization occurs there will be a full time dedicated position that I'm in the running for...vying against several highly qualified ex military applicants. The one thing I have going is that I have been with the program since concept through beta stages.

In a county like mine where outdoor grows are banned 100 percent it can focus resources very quickly.
So..when you're innocently toking others in the world are working tirelessly to help a segment of our society obtain legal product one day that they've so desperately desired. By the way.. my county ban will stand AFTER legalization because 64 doesn't restrict the right of localities to further restrict marijuana. We already see this in Colorado where commercial sales are banned in most of the state.

I consider my efforts very worthwhile and very creative in this endeavor. I'm protecting mother earth from eco drug terrorists cloaked in a green plant.It doesn't get much better than that in life...saving the planet and bringing evil people to justice

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-08-2016 at 04:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies