Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2016, 12:49 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,497,975 times

Advertisements

New Sept. 7 policy from Walmart will require a photo ID for grocery pickup – where’s the outrage from Dems? | BizPac Review

Anymore we need an ID to do most anything but the dems complain we should not need it to vote. How stupid.

Old 09-07-2016, 01:54 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,155,900 times
I've mentioned this before..........you do need an I.D. to vote. There is NO story here. This is a completely contrived non problem only designed to drive people apart. Look at the example here. Wal Mart enacts some policy and what is the first thing someone comes up with? "Hey, let's use this to drive an agenda".

You have to have I.D. to get a voters registration card and you have to have that to vote. I have to sign my name before voting which is then compared to the signature on file. I rarely get asked for the card but that is because I live in a small town and the people running the election know me.

We could do things better than what we do. Such as a computer system that is all connected so that when someone dies and gets put into the system it also deletes their voters registration but that will cost money and competence, something that is both wasted and lacking in government.

Old 09-07-2016, 03:58 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,410,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
New Sept. 7 policy from Walmart will require a photo ID for grocery pickup – where’s the outrage from Dems? | BizPac Review

Anymore we need an ID to do most anything but the dems complain we should not need it to vote. How stupid.
no requirement for commercial businesses to provide the same rights for Americans as the United States Constitution....not sure where you're going with this comparison.......

Old 09-07-2016, 04:11 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,696,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Because my logic tells me not having an ID to vote can lead to corruption. It's against the law to vote if you are not the person you claim to be. Lib logic can't understand that.
Oh, wait... I think everyone understands that a store shouldn't be handing out stuff that someone paid for online to just anyone. Yep, not asking for ID from the person picking up those groceries can lead to theft, and I guess, corruption. sarcasm coming: I betcha those gangs of illegals are all getting organized to steal citizen's groceries now, right? end sarcasm.

What the over-the-top, crazy voter id law people don't seem to grasp is that there are procedures in place to ensure that a specific registration isn't voting more than once. There really is no place in the US, and probably in virtually any other country that has voting, that doesn't have some sort of procedure in place to keep voter fraud from happening. But, heck, make it harder for specific groups to vote, that'll solve the non-problem.

Last edited by kat in aiken; 09-07-2016 at 04:12 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-07-2016, 04:14 AM

26,448 posts, read 15,045,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
no requirement for commercial businesses to provide the same rights for Americans as the United States Constitution....not sure where you're going with this comparison.......
This point is not accurate, but used by many Democrats despite being pure garbage.

#1 Many Constitutional Rights require photo ID.

-I have the constitutional right to travel in and out of our borders, but I am expected to have a photo ID when I do it (passport).

-I have the constitutional right to run for various offices, but I am expected to have a photo ID when I turn in the papers.

-I have the constitutional right to buy certain guns, but I am expected to have a photo ID when I buy it, and when is the last time you heard a Democrat argue that people shouldn't be photo ID'ed when using their constitutional right to buy certain guns?

#2 Businesses can't discriminate based on race, etc...

When was the last time you heard a Democrat say that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 should be repealed and our interpretation of the 5th and 14th Amendments be changed so that businesses don't have to sell wedding cakes for gay marriages, or not employ people based on race, etc...

If getting a photo ID is discriminating against blacks and the poor --- then it is discriminating against blacks and the poor to buy stuff online, run for office, buy a gun, travel freely, buy alcohol, buy cigarettes, etc...

You also need a photo ID for most welfare so it is discriminating against the poor, because some can't sign up supposedly.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 09-07-2016 at 04:24 AM..

Old 09-07-2016, 04:14 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,117 times
Doctors are requiring photo ID too due to fraud. Wonder how those specific groups of people who can't get ID are going to get treated.

Old 09-07-2016, 04:26 AM

26,448 posts, read 15,045,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
A solution in search of a problem...
Where There's Smoke, There's Fire: 100,000 Stolen Votes in Chicago

Old 09-07-2016, 04:28 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,939,522 times
Voting is a right. Buying stuff at WalMart isn't. Besides, WalMart is a private company and can set whatever policy they want.

Old 09-07-2016, 04:29 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,696,476 times
Again, all of you who are making out that getting to the place to get the required ID is no big deal. Like, I dunno, driving there when you don't drive... are you helping to get these people their ID so that they can vote? Or, are you just saying that they shouldn't be able to vote because you know they wouldn't vote your way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.