Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 02:37 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I'm sure they will miss your freeloading their hi-fi and taking up table space "for hours on end." Do you feel the same way about Chic Fil A, Walmart and Hobby Lobby staying out of politics or is it just the corporations than lean Democratic?

Hobby Lobby?

Really?

They objected to being forced to do something that violated their conscience.

They weren't being "political" until politics invaded their store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 02:41 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Really... serve your coffee and shut up.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Can't speak for the OP, but as for me, yes, I feel the same way about all businesses. Delving in to political and social issues is just a bad business model to start with. If I owned a business, I wouldn't care whether you vote red or blue, just as long as your money was green.
When you own a business you can choose your own business model.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:45 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I'm sure they will miss your freeloading their wi-fi and taking up table space "for hours on end." Do you feel the same way about Chic Fil A, Walmart and Hobby Lobby staying out of politics or is it just the corporations than lean Democratic?
Yepper~~ What ever happened when Romney declared " Corporations are People TOO"? Sure they don't vote..BUT sure do have every right to express their views! So, don't they have the right to give whatever endorsement they wish?? Of course they do..Newspapers do it..along with thousands of other entities endorsing whomever they wish!

Freeloading Wifi and whining about his Fav spot to freeload..why? Because they don't agree with their Political Leanings..ROFLMAO

Old 09-08-2016, 02:47 PM

776 posts, read 580,418 times
I know what you mean, instead of focusing on politics please focus on your quality or price. Unfortunately, many companies do this because the marketing people in this country have no souls. Remember all the crap during Iraqi Freedom about everyone being patriotic and 10 years down the road how many of these companies are supporting hiring those solders or donating to their medical needs?

Old 09-08-2016, 02:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
I enjoy sitting in your shops for hours on end sipping coffee and surfing the internet, i'd prefer to be sitting in a establishment that isn't creating controversy and having 'views' . just serve coffee and stay quiet. thanks.
So stay home.

Your place will be taken by someone else. Starbucks will do just fine without you and the baristas will, no doubt, enjoy seeing some happy new faces.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-08-2016 at 03:21 PM..

Old 09-08-2016, 02:56 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
They can run their companies and endorse who they choose.

Customers need to decide where to spend their money.

Take your choice - the product or the politics... but don't whine if your favorite company doesn't believe as you do.

It's just like in sports and who commits a crime... if it's a 5-star athlete, they will let it go with a slap on the wrist so they can produce on the field. If it's a backup, now all of a sudden politics and actions matter. Starbucks and Chik Fil A are the 5-star athletes. The Indiana wedding cake place and the Chinese place that refused to serve the cops are the backups.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:11 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Endorsing Hillary isn't anywhere near as bad as when they had crap on their cups to try and get whites to apologize for being white.

Reality is you should probably find another place to get your coffee.
Mostly because, their coffee is gross.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:32 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
What did Starbucks do? Officially endorse Hillary?
I am with you.....what did they say?
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Mostly because, their coffee is gross.
I remember the first time I got a chance to visit one, these are not in my area. I was excited because people where claiming they had the best coffee, after paying too much, I couldn't even drink half my cup, it was the worst stuff I had tasted.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:38 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,607,008 times
OP do you have a link? What did Starbucks do? Maybe corporate didn't do something official and you just had a barista at your local shop talk politics to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies