Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 10:47 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Yes!

Everyday!

Whites will never know what it's like to be black in Amerikkka!
You poor thing... Feeling oppressed? Worn out by microaggressions? Secret dog whistle terminology keeping you down?

Have you considered moving to Africa? There's no oppression, racism or police violence there...

Old 09-09-2016, 11:19 AM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Seacawks gonna fade anyway. Perfect ending.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:23 AM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times
The owner's need to force the morality clause in every contract and quit acting like *******. These guys are getting paid to do a job. If the owner says stand - they stand. It would be nice to have a job where you could do what you want when you want and there be no consequences.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:27 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
It looks like I am done with the NFL.

As a result if these anti-American protests about the alleged oppression of blacks most of those I socialize with have decided to back law enforcenent. Most have now changed their charitable donations to agencies that support our police.
There is no doubt that some police make mistakes but the good the majority of police perform far out weighs the bad.
I urge Kaepernick and his supporters to move to a place like the south side of Chicago and show us all how to control the violence.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:31 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Not a peep for all the people in the stadium who go the restroom, get food, etc., while the anthem is playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
It looks like I am done with the NFL.
You won't be missed.

Quote:
As a result if these anti-American protests about the alleged oppression of blacks most of those I socialize with have decided to back law enforcenent.
Since when is it anti-American to exercise a constitutional right?

No one has yet to show me a law or amendment that states that is is illegal, unconstitutional or anti-American to not stand for the national anthem. Still waiting.

Quote:
Most have now changed their charitable donations to agencies that support our police.
There is no doubt that some police make mistakes but the good the majority of police perform far out weighs the bad.
Of course you won't see the irony of this statement.

Quote:
I urge Kaepernick and his supporters to move to a place like the south side of Chicago and show us all how to control the violence.
If you actually knew what you were talking about, you'd know that Kaep had been running an organization that benefited at risk youth in his area long before he protested the national anthem, and that he's already donating $1 million of his salary and the proceeds from his jersey sales to community organizations.

I don't know what it is with certain people and Chicago, but it's lazy and irrelevant. Civilians who murder other civilians (even in Chicago ) don't get put on paid administrative leave, avoid jail time and in some cases, go back to doing their jobs, nor are they held at the standard police officers are. Simple concept.

But, much like those you think like you, you'd rather wallow in your ignorance.

Those of you so obsessed with standing at a attention to honor a flag should move to North Korea. I'm sure all of you will be standing in your living rooms at attention during the national anthem this Sunday, just like you've always done.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:39 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
People should stop buying their merchandize, game tickets, and boycott the tv commercial sponsors. Then see how fast the NFL moves to do something about this.
Football fanatics will never do such a thing. Look how much money is being made with fantasy football. LOL. Are you going to burn your jerseys and and buy other stuff?

Old 09-09-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
3 words.

National Hockey League
Do people still watch hockey?

Old 09-09-2016, 12:46 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,813,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
3 words.

National Hockey League
+1

Agree. Yeah, I'm a hockey fan, but the quality of people playing the game seems to be (much?) better than what you see in the National Felons League. Are there exceptions? Of course, but I'm glad my son is a NHL fan as opposed to a NFL fan.

Last edited by Bruins_Fan; 09-09-2016 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-09-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Just my opinion, but I think the whole thing is disgraceful, as is the crap we see from BLM and all these other anti-American fools. Yes, they have the right to do it, but I still think they're all a disgrace.

As much as I like NFL football I am about to write the whole thing off. The entire league is nothing more that a bunch of thugs, and the NFL itself is only about the money.
Why do you watch the game if it is "nothing more than a bunch of thugs?"

Old 09-09-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
If they're anti America, then leave. There are plenty of other countries out there. Good luck finding one that allows people the opportunities they have here.
This is silly. He has a right to protest. If you are a fan and want to protest the game, go right ahead. Simply keep your wallet closed and watch reruns of The Apprentice. Furthermore, the players are American just as much as you are. All the "leave" talk is just silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies