Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 01:55 PM

50,802 posts, read 24,310,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Sorry I have to disagree. If you are the CinC you don't get time off. If something goes down while you are on your vacation, then you have to be on top of it. It's like managing your household. The pipe under the sink busts, you can't tell it that you can't do anything because you are on vacation, it has to be tended to. Just like a sick child. You can't tell them you are on vacation, they have to be taken care of.
Poop and nonsense.

Every president -- in in war time -- takes a little time "off"...if you can really call it that. The nuclear codes are always within reach. Secure communication is always within reach.

Perhaps you don't remember a Republican president -- you know, a guy who would scurry off and play golf -- named Eisenhower in the middle of the Cold War.

Or another one named Bush who in the midst of fighting in the Middle East would go down and clear brush off his ranch.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Reagan, that hero of the American right, liked to leave the White House on a whim so he could ride a horse. On October, 23, 1983 241 American servicemen stationed in Beirut, Lebanon were killed on his watch.

But who wants to think about 241 dead Americans, unprotected in a war zone and killed in their beds, when Obama is president and such a handy target for conservatives anxious to gripe and complain....

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-10-2016 at 03:47 PM..

Old 09-10-2016, 03:46 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post

People like you make other sane Republicans look stupid........just stop it.

Old 09-10-2016, 04:24 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Quote:
Obviously he wasn't doing his job because they had to cancel the rescue op.
How do you cancel or abort something that was never approved in the first place?

Old 09-10-2016, 04:41 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
I don't think you know what presidents do. Was Obama supposed fly the plane there? Give tactical advice?

Old 09-10-2016, 05:21 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Poop and nonsense.

Every president -- in in war time -- takes a little time "off"...if you can really call it that. The nuclear codes are always within reach. Secure communication is always within reach.

Perhaps you don't remember a Republican president -- you know, a guy who would scurry off and play golf -- named Eisenhower in the middle of the Cold War.

Or another one named Bush who in the midst of fighting in the Middle East would go down and clear brush off his ranch.
I seriously think you didn't read the comment that was quoted nor my comment.
Previous comment:
Quote:
Like any employed worker he (Obama)is entitled to some time off once in a while, if something important happens while he is playing golf its kinda a cheap shot to then paint the picture that he doesnt care and was instead playing golf, he also probably sleeps 8 hours a night if something happens during that time do we now make the story that he was sleeping?
Part of my reply:
Quote:
Sorry I have to disagree. If you are the CinC you don't get time off. If something goes down while you are on your vacation, then you have to be on top of it.
There’s no such thing as a true non-working vacation for the president (Presidential Vacations)

So yes, they really don't get time off. I'm not a fan of Obama, but he does need an outlet to relax. If that is playing a game of golf so be it. If it's clearing brush on your land the by all means do it. Sometimes I do my best thinking cleaning or working in the yard....whatever I'm in the mood to do at that time.

Old 09-10-2016, 05:49 PM

50,802 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
I seriously think you didn't read the comment that was quoted nor my comment.
Previous comment:

Part of my reply:

There’s no such thing as a true non-working vacation for the president (Presidential Vacations)

So yes, they really don't get time off. I'm not a fan of Obama, but he does need an outlet to relax. If that is playing a game of golf so be it. If it's clearing brush on your land the by all means do it. Sometimes I do my best thinking cleaning or working in the yard....whatever I'm in the mood to do at that time.
Okay, you've explained that well now.

Old 09-10-2016, 08:39 PM

78,401 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
How do you cancel or abort something that was never approved in the first place?
It's a good point. If we could only get them and you to be rationale when politics arise then we wouldn't have threads like this.

#butitsjusttheotherguysthatarenutz!

Old 09-11-2016, 06:35 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Sorry I have to disagree. If you are the CinC you don't get time off. If something goes down while you are on your vacation, then you have to be on top of it. It's like managing your household. The pipe under the sink busts, you can't tell it that you can't do anything because you are on vacation, it has to be tended to. Just like a sick child. You can't tell them you are on vacation, they have to be taken care of.

I'm sure no matter where he goes his team of security officials apprise him of everything going on, Whatever the reason for that seal team mission not happening wasnt because Obama was playing golf thats just what the ultra rightwing publication Breitbart wants you to believe as their whole reason for existence is to Trash all things left Obama being their main target.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:01 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So, you want a SEAL mission to hinge on the micromanagement of the POTUS?

Come on guys, there's enough real stuff to not like about Obama without having to serve up this tripe from breitbart....but if it makes you feel better go for it....but you're not convincing any independents of moderates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies