Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 03:23 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Stuff like this brings the bigots out to play. When stuff like that mugging takes place, the persons who already have a hate for Blacks will use it as "see what those Blacks did, we have a Black problem". It won't be discussed from a matter of right and wrong. There might be talk about safety, but race will be the biggest thing discussed. I really do believe if this was White on White, this wouldn't even be brought up on city-data. Why? Because it won't confirm how some people feel about Blacks.
You forgot to blame this on the legacy of slavery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 03:26 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
You forgot to blame this on the legacy of slavery.
I didn't forget, and the fact that you say something like that shows me this. You disagree but can't refute. Or, you are dismissive of what I have to say, and you make a joke out of it.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:30 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewbo2903 View Post
i thought conservatives dont want race mentioned and that its the left that always brings up. why would they insist it is in this situation?
Can't differentiate appropriateness of situations?

with libs its always all or nothing at all. no differentiation between a cross buring hate filled racist and a guy who utters a banned word. zero tolerance!

like a 'dumb' computer program exception report, hard fast parameters with no room for judgement.

Sure, relabel the perps and the problem goes away. No crime commited by blacks.

The BLMrs thrive on race designations when celebrity shootings occur.

To recognize a problem associated with black neighborhoods and gang culture and approach a solution in inner cities is racist. To ignore it is to promote and enable B on B crime and ignore the safety of blacks and evertone else in high crime areas.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:31 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewbo2903 View Post
i thought conservatives dont want race mentioned and that its the left that always brings up. why would they insist it is in this situation?

You thought wrong! It is the liberals that don't want race mentioned. Conservatives tell it like it is. Liberals like to hide the facts.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:55 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Default Out of Control Dem Cities!

Quote:
Actually, what you are doing is a big deal. You made this exclusively about race. I have your posts to prove it. Do not try to shame someone for calling you out.

//www.city-data.com/forum/45435482-post29.html
I saw the video and It looked like Black Teens to me! The sad thing is this is acceptable in the inner city as common place. Police are unable to effective combat this because they do hit and run tactics, which are terrorist tactics.
Actually I want a honest conversation out there because the PC crowd like yourself want to soften the facts. The problem is we are told to look away when a crime is committed, just because they Black.

I disagree with this and the Cities of America belong to the Law abiding Citizens, not Thugs! The people of Chicago cannot even got to the store without fear of their life.

This woman was assaulted and us bickering over race is a diversion of the real issues here.

So back at you!

Old 09-10-2016, 06:25 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Wow, a liberal is calling someone racist on the internet. Will wonders never cease? I haven't seen that since about.....2 seconds ago.
If you want to point out that the Nazis were white, who the hell is stopping you? But I don't think that it's a secret. I don't understand your point.
It was very apparent that you didn't understand my point. You did not have to tell me that.

I don't care what race the Nazis were. I also don't care about the race of the teens in question, or the race of the guy a cop shot, or really about race in general. I think race can be interesting in talking about culture, but largely I think that we spend to much time talking about race and racism. Racism goes away when we think about race less, so I just try not to think about it.

And yeah, I called someone a racist. My reasoning, if it wasn't clear, was that I feel the OP is only saying this because the teens were black. Then, when asked about talking about the race of white people when they do stuff, he says it's different somehow. Sounds like bull****, smells like bull****... so it's probably bull****. He doesn't want white people to look bad and he wants to discredit black lives matter. That's why he posted this.

For what it's worth, it's actually really rare for me to call someone a racist. Throw me in with the excessively broad category of liberal if you'd like; I mean, it is more accurate than the equally broad conservative camp; I think a lot of their points are bull**** too. Some of them even quite racist. Like seeming to hold black people to a lower standard.

Old 09-10-2016, 06:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Actually, it should be mandatory for all persons of both genders to be armed. I'm a man and I have been jumped by a pack of thugs more than once. I shouldn't have to "fend for myself ". I want to live too.

I was meaning it would be a mans choice(fend for themselves, meaning their choice) if they wish, or not to be armed. A woman it would be mandatory.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:07 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
That is what matters. That was basically bullying to put it politely. The persons who did that deserve prison time.

If it was basic bullying, why would they deserve prison time? Either it was just bullying or egregious enough to warrant prison time. I don't see that it can be both.

Quote:
Stuff like this brings the bigots out to play. When stuff like that mugging takes place, the persons who already have a hate for Blacks will use it as "see what those Blacks did, we have a Black problem". It won't be discussed from a matter of right and wrong. There might be talk about safety, but race will be the biggest thing discussed. I really do believe if this was White on White, this wouldn't even be brought up on city-data. Why? Because it won't confirm how some people feel about Blacks.
It's true that any thread that has something to do with black people does bring out the racists on c-d who use it as an opportunity to....well, be racist. I'm not sure there's anything that can be done about that though. Threads are started about bad behavior regardless of gender and race of the perpetrator(s) with most people slamming the person (or people) and rightly so, for whatever they did. It's just that nobody uses the threads about white people as an opportunity to slam the entire race.

I don't think that's avoidable in, what can be a cesspool, do you?

Old 09-10-2016, 09:18 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
We don't see White teens go in numbers to loot and riot in the streets. We do see conservatives in the Streets burning people businesses down.
I do see Liberals, Progressives and BLM people in the street. The kicker is George Soros supports these actions.

This woman was assaulted and robbed this is the issue!

Old 09-10-2016, 09:36 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
We don't see White teens go in numbers to loot and riot in the streets. We do see conservatives in the Streets burning people businesses down.
I do see Liberals, Progressives and BLM people in the street. The kicker is George Soros supports these actions.

This woman was assaulted and robbed this is the issue!

Thomas Jefferson supported slavery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies