Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 09:07 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Muhammad is the only true Muslim, and who can and should be judged, since he founded the religion.

He was not a good human being, to put it lightly.

The Challenge – Faithfreedom.org

Have you read up on what a lot of the Old Testament leaders in the Bible did? A whole lot of killing going on there, and they were heroes, at least according to our traditions, which are totally right because the Bible says so. When we kill somebody, they deserved it; when the other guy does it, well, he sucks.

That being said, I honestly don't care what Muhammad did back then. People must be judged by the standards of the time and their own actions. So, if you take issue with a modern-day Muslim actually waging a real war against you "because Muhammad would have done it", be my guest - but don't give me some crap about how "since some of them hate us, they must all hate us!" or tell me that we have to "kill them back first," or spout off about how "some of them practice animal sacrifice, so they must all be savages!"

I forget - is it hunting season yet? And how'd that totally not killed in a bloody way hamburger taste? Seems like we're all animals on some level, but the more advanced ones are able to not judge the actions of all by the actions of a few. They are also able to see hypocrisy and avoid being snared by it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 09:16 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
That being said, I honestly don't care what Muhammad did back then. People must be judged by the standards of the time and their own actions.
Actually the Quran says and Muslims believe that Muhammad is the perfect human being and an example to follow for all times.

So, yes what Muhammad said and did matters today, because that is what Muslims believe in.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:21 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
Quote:
A Sydney man was charged on Sunday with committing a terrorist attack and attempted murder that police said seemed to have been inspired by Islamic State, after he repeatedly stabbed a stranger on the street.

'Islamic State-inspired' Australian charged with terrorism after stabbing | Reuters

Islam is a religion of piece. A piece of you here, a piece of you there.
You need to up the ante and get a little better at your job of inspiring hatred for Muslims. You've become a caricature. Do you realize that? In 2013 there were 11,208 homicides by gun in the USA and an additional 73,505 non-fatal gun injuries in the USA in the same year. You are worried about 1 non-fatal knifing in Australia? Please.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
You need to up the ante and get a little better at your job of inspiring hatred for Muslims. You've become a caricature. Do you realize that? In 2013 there were 11,208 homicides by gun in the USA and an additional 73,505 non-fatal gun injuries in the USA in the same year. You are worried about 1 non-fatal knifing in Australia? Please.
I am aware of the homicide statistics in USA. I am also aware of the intent of these homicides.

Political violence is different though, that is why it gets noticed. It is to bring about a change in society through violence.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:40 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
Quote:
I am aware of the homicide statistics in USA. I am also aware of the intent of these homicides.

Political violence is different though, that is why it gets noticed. It is to bring about a change in society through violence.
Or, in your case, a change through the attempted radicalization of white supremacists through sites like this. You may be part of many alt right sites trying to further radicalize the white trash of this country to hate Muslims in order to further your cause - ISIS. You are very transparent to me and I doubt your loyalty to the US. Those that you are "aligning" yourself will be the first to put a bullet in your head. You are playing with fire and should be careful if you are actually on American soil. Americans are much more violent than Muslims. Good luck.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Or, in your case, a change through the attempted radicalization of white supremacists through sites like this. You may be part of many alt right sites trying to further radicalize the white trash of this country to hate Muslims in order to further your cause - ISIS. You are very transparent to me and I doubt your loyalty to the US. Those that you are "aligning" yourself will be the first to put a bullet in your head. You are playing with fire and should be careful if you are actually on American soil. Americans are much more violent than Muslims. Good luck.
Americans are more violent than Muslims, meh.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:58 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
A Sydney man was charged on Sunday with committing a terrorist attack and attempted murder that police said seemed to have been inspired by Islamic State, after he repeatedly stabbed a stranger on the street.

'Islamic State-inspired' Australian charged with terrorism after stabbing | Reuters

Islam is a religion of piece. A piece of you here, a piece of you there.

"You will know them by their fruits."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies