Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 07:09 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So true, Slavery existed in the Americas, and every other place on earth since the dawn of man kind. It exists in North Africa in Muslim countries to this day. Yeah, whites own Slavery
Only democrats owned slaves.. the Republican party were formed to abolish slavery.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:15 PM

1,544 posts, read 924,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Only democrats owned slaves.. the Republican party were formed to abolish slavery.
Once again, paradigm shift. Few people of the Republican party, much less the North, wanted slavery abolished. The rest barely tolerated Black people.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:21 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
No. The problem is that you want to blind and deafen yourself to the idea that a handful of Black people want to bring peace to their communities.

Either you're really ignorant and prejudiced, or flat-out daft. While I may live in the 'hood, I don't claim "hood rats." Do you claim "white trailer trash?" Maybe you'd be better off posting your rhetoric on Stormfront. I have nothing to do with Chicago though I live in Hyde Park (one part of Los Angeles I'm sure you wouldn't venture to travel since you're probably a good ol' boy from the 'burbs).

You tell me not to go there, but folks with your mind frame have gone past that level. You're so quick to jump on the "black-on-black" bandwagon and keep the wheels turning, but you want to stop the carriage when it comes to "white-on-white" crime. You do a pretty bad job of masking your bigotry.
Telling the ugly truth makes me a "bigot"? That's just sad. Tho it's called "deflection".

I don't give PWT a pass, either.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:00 AM

5,166 posts, read 4,937,562 times
Slavery in America is ancient history; there isn't one person alive today who was either a slave or slave owner. We as a nation decided it's wrong and changed our ways for the better. Now it's time to stop having hurt feelings about it and move on. You can't plan and act for a better future if you're mired in the muck of the past.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Talking Please stow the phony outrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
If obama said it, it must be true!

when did he ever lie?

The right loves their liars.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:33 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
We realize that folks like you never really want to get down to it in regard to slavery. After all, it pretty much destroys your view of America always being the land of the free and the home of the brave.
What do you mean, "folks like you never really want to get down to it in regard to slavery?" What is it that we have to "get down to?"

Did you watch any of this video? I think it speaks well to the topic of slavery in America. America didn't invent slavery, but America ended slavery here on this continent. Slavery still exists, primarily in the M.E. Or didn't you know that.

Slavery has been around as long as man has been on this earth. It was Muslim slave traders that brought the African as slaves to the Americas. Or didn't you know that either?

Get informed. America is not the inventor of slavery! We should be known for the county that put an end to it.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I understand and recognize the horrible history America participated in which Africans were selling their fellow man into slavery to Europeans that then resold them in America. I don't deny that America participated with most of the world in the heinous and unspeakable act of slavery.

I also recognize that was in the past and that today a black person can be police chief, mayor, governor, senator, attorney general or POTUS.
Don't know if the above is totally correct, but I do know that it was the Muslims that ran the Atlantic slave trade. Muslims today still run a slave trade.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. In some places they can be those things. In much of the country they cannot.
Oh, baloney!

2. In the past yes...and that past still haunts relationships between Whites and Blacks.[/quote]

No it doesn't, unless you let it. Why should it? It's only people like you who let it "haunt" you, and you were never a slave, and neither was anyone in your family.

It is people like you, always playing the victim, who strain relationships.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It was the West that freed the slaves in their nations and everywhere they colonized. Before the Western enlightenment few thought slavery was even wrong.
Muslims still don't think it's wrong.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:03 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The right loves their liars.
Actually no. The right didn't like the biggest liar - Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.