Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 10:09 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,551,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post

Hong Kong is a territory of the People's Republic of China, a hostile nation.

Russia is also a hostile nation. To say otherwise would be ignorant. Just look at the news, be it Reuters or another outlet of your choice, as long as they aren't propaganda arms of China or Russia.

Who is China engaged with on War terms? Who are they attacking? Also seems to me, that the USA is engaged in more Hostility and on more fronts, than Russia, China, and every other Nation combined. To say "Otherwise" would be ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 01:24 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,044,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Who is China engaged with on War terms? Who are they attacking? Also seems to me, that the USA is engaged in more Hostility and on more fronts, than Russia, China, and every other Nation combined. To say "Otherwise" would be ignorant.
I read both Chinese and English. In Chinese (state controlled) media, American news is about 70% positive/neutral and 30% negative. However in American mainstream media, Chinese news is like 80% negative.

If someone is stirring a fight, it's definitely the west.

Old 09-17-2016, 05:50 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,156,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
He wants the warrant to not be renued.
That's okay, once he's back, arrest him, try him, find him guilty of a capital offence and shoot him.

Old 09-17-2016, 11:06 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,224,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
That's okay, once he's back, arrest him, try him, find him guilty of a capital offence and shoot him.
Thankfully that's not the way it works.

You sound like you would be happy living in an ISIS ruled regime. That's how they behave.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:29 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,551,374 times
Quote:

Under your kind of Justice, I suppose it would be OK for those who support Snowden to arrest and shoot folks who think like you first. But then you would be the first one screaming for your "Constitutional Rights," right?

Old 09-17-2016, 07:32 PM

1,050 posts, read 502,963 times
Quote:
So Snowden wants a pardon.

Problem with that is he needs to be convicted to have a pardon. So, Edddie boy, come on back, get convicted and we'll see about a pardon.

Course it may not happen, pretty much can guarantee no pardon for a traitor.
Wrong. Every president has pardoned people who had not yet been convicted.

Old 09-18-2016, 01:24 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,430,057 times
I would be shocked if Obama pardoned Snowden.

I highly doubt he will.

Snowden humiliated Obama, so why would Obama pardon him? I think Snowden will get a pardon someday, but it will be in like 30 or 40 years.

Snowden knew the consequences of his actions and has to live with them. He was unhappy in the "oppressive" United States and fled to the beacon of democracy that is Russia. Lol. If he really wants that pardon, he will kiss Obama's ass and apologize (and probably still will not get it.) Neither Hillary nor Trump will give him that pardon either lest they inspire others like Snowden to come forward.

I think Snowden has grown and regrets his earlier actions, TBH.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:55 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,156,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kode View Post
Wrong. Every president has pardoned people who had not yet been convicted.
No one will pardon that treasonous weasel.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:35 PM

12,952 posts, read 9,589,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I would be shocked if Obama pardoned Snowden.

I highly doubt he will.

Snowden humiliated Obama, so why would Obama pardon him? I think Snowden will get a pardon someday, but it will be in like 30 or 40 years.

Snowden knew the consequences of his actions and has to live with them. He was unhappy in the "oppressive" United States and fled to the beacon of democracy that is Russia. Lol. If he really wants that pardon, he will kiss Obama's ass and apologize (and probably still will not get it.) Neither Hillary nor Trump will give him that pardon either lest they inspire others like Snowden to come forward.

I think Snowden has grown and regrets his earlier actions, TBH.
I'm sure he does, had a good job living in beautiful Hawaii.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:37 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,227,524 times
He should get a MEDAL. It should never be illegal to expose the corruption of the political class. If we wanted to punish people for treason, we have an entire political class that for the last 30 years has deserved the worst punishment possible for purposely sabotaging what once was a great nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies