Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 09:06 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Deal with what exactly? What's to do deal with? Some chick got beat up......as is the intention of MMA fighting. And?
Comprehension FAIL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 09:19 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
All sports will eventually be sex/gender free. May the best man win.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:21 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Comprehension FAIL.
No, I think it's you that is not comprehending. What exactly do I have to deal with?

Old 09-14-2016, 10:09 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No, I think it's you that is not comprehending. What exactly do I have to deal with?
I already explained it, but you continually fail to grasp it. I'm not going to hand hold you through something that you will never understand.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
I already explained it, but you continually fail to grasp it. I'm not going to hand hold you through something that you will never understand.
No, you didn't explain a thing. You said to me "deal with it". Deal with what? I don't have a problem with it. As I've said before, this is a sport where people get beat up. She got beat up. Am I supposed to cry about something that is SUPPOSED to happen? So again, what exactly am I supposed to deal with? If you can't answer in a logical manner, than please refrain from posting because as of now, your posts make literally no sense.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:42 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
She must not be that overpowering. She has a loss on her record. Having said that I doubt she would have been an MMA fighter as a male. I have also never seen a female to male compete at a high level in any sport.
Yep, besides the loss her other victories were competitive and not one-sided like her last fight in question.

As far as female to male trans competing as a man, there was a runner in the recent Olympics representing the US, there is also a collegiate swimmer and a Canadian Minor League Hockey player.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:51 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Transgender "Female" MMA Fighter Brutally Injures Female Opponent

To me it is unfair and at the same time who wants to fight a transgender if you are a female up to what has the strengths of a man and on the inside is actually a man. Just cutting a wiener off doesn't make I fair to compete against a woman. JMO!

Maybe we should have a transgender category or they will have to compete in the gender they were born with to make it fair.
Instead of transgender bathrooms we need transgender sports associations.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:00 PM

By the way, this fight is over a year old, I believe it was in 2014. And the girl who got beat up KNEW the person she was fighting was transgender. So please, spare the me the dramatics y'all.

Tamikka Brents Criticizes Fallon Fox for Exploiting Trans Status, Then Exploits Fox's Trans Status - Women's MMAWomen's MMA

Thread. Done.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:05 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,459 times
I looked at some pictures of Fallon Fox. I'll say one thing, she has a nice rack on her.

According to that link in post number 1 her opponent was devestated in a shock and awe manner. She said she had never been so thoroughly overpowered in her career.

If you're a smaller built guy the only problem with marrying Fallon Fox is that your wife has bigger feet, bigger hands, and a bigger penis than you. That makes for an incredible domestic violence scene. The two female cops arriving on the scene can't even help you. They're running out and leaving you on your own. Which makes you convert back to traditional family values. But you're still paying her alimony. And she just knocked out her 7th woman in the octagon. And she still has that nice rack--better than the one your new wife has. That's what the Chinese call living in interesting times.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:34 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Transgender "Female" MMA Fighter Brutally Injures Female Opponent

To me it is unfair and at the same time who wants to fight a transgender if you are a female up to what has the strengths of a man and on the inside is actually a man. Just cutting a wiener off doesn't make I fair to compete against a woman. JMO!

Maybe we should have a transgender category or they will have to compete in the gender they were born with to make it fair.
This is kind of old news. Fallon Fox has never been welcomed into an significant MMA organization. KOTC, CFA, XFO and CCCW all featured her in events because she was controversial and those organizations are generally totally ignored by everyone. It gave each of them their 15 minutes of fame.

Fox's last opponent was Tamikka Brents who she beat by Technical Knock Out in 1 minute 17 seconds. Brent's statements:

“I’ve fought a lot of women,” Brents stated. “And never felt the strength I felt in a fight as I did that night. I can’t answer whether it’s because [he] was born a man or not, because I’m not a doctor,” she stated. “I can only say, I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life, and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right.”

Since then, no MMA organization has been willing to pony up and feature Fallon Fox because it casts them in the role of the Romans feeding Christians to the lions (feeding the weak to the strong) for entertainment purposes -- that sort of thing. She fought Brents on September 13, 2014 so it's been two years since anyone offered Fallon Fox a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
"Already, criticism is mounting, both from MMA fighters and the greater public at large. Mixed martial arts champ, Ronda Rousey, has refused to fight Fox over her “unfair advantage.”

I thought Rhonda Rousey previously said she would fight men if given the chance.
Absolutely false!
1.) Many fans of Ronda Rousey suggested that RR could beat a man in her same weight class and urged her to actively seek such a fight.
2.) Ronda responded that she wanted nothing to do with turning a man punching a woman in the face into a form of entertainment. She refuses to fight men on principle and she's got a very good point there. And we've already discussed the unfair advantages that men have, so it's just not a good idea. This does not necessarily mean Ronda is afraid. She and other top-notch female MMA fighters regularly train and spar against men for one simple reason: Men are tougher sparring partners and steel sharpens steel.
3.) Fallon Fox has never fought for the UFC, so there was never any chance that she could have fought Ronda.
4.) The UFC has publicly stated that they will never sign Fallon Fox to fight in in Women's MMA under any circumstances.
5.) If the UFC had changed their minds for some reason, Fox would have needed to do a lot more than she did in her brief 6 fight career to even be considered by the UFC. She beat up 5 nobodies and got knocked out by Ashlee Evans-Smith.
6.) Fallon Fox will turn 41 years old this coming November. She's probably too old to make a run at the UFC even if the UFC were willing to have her.
7.) Ronda Rousey hasn't been champ for close to a year now. She got knocked out by Holly Holm. Holm got submitted by Miesha Tate via rear naked choke. (Rear naked choke is basically the WWE's sleeper hold but for real and yes it really does work.) Miesha Tate then lost to Amanda Nunes via rear naked choke. The UFC wants to have Ronda Rousey fight Amanda Nunes for the title next.

The only reason anybody ever heard of Fallon Fox is because of the controversy surrounding her. From the perspective of women's MMA, she's a nobody and irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies