Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 08:48 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,616 times

Advertisements

What is more offensive, Trump's comments on the bus about grabbing p***y or an ex-president who actually sexually assaulted and possibly raped women and his wife Hillary who sought to silence and ruin his victims for her own political aspirations?

Many of these protesters yesterday no doubt voted for that woman (if they even voted at all) and apparently had no outrage over Bill Clinton's behavior and Hillary's disgusting enablement of it for her own political goals.

The selective outrage here is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 08:50 AM

8,420 posts, read 7,422,672 times
Oh, look!

It's another false equivalency thread!

How refreshing!

Old 01-22-2017, 08:51 AM

27,581 posts, read 28,687,607 times
People are outraged that Donald Trump brags about grabbing pussies while Bill Clinton likes to stick cigars inside of pussies.

Trump needs to up his game according to them, I guess.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:53 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,783 times
Getting down into specific things like this isn't helpful. Both Trump and Clinton had things in their character that were obviously questionably and anyone who denies that is so stupid that their parents should have worn a condom and saved us the headache. But that's not the point.

Let's look at the Trump. His ***** grabbing comment is gross. It really doesn't matter if someone has done something worse. My issue with it, and indeed, it's not the only thing he's said that leads me to this conclusion, is that he's mentally an 8th grader. The way he speaks and holds himself, I find immature and classless. The "grab em by the *****" thing doesn't offend me, that's not the word for it. It's gross and if I were a woman, I'd almost certainly be more pissed about it than I am. But it does nothing to help him when you consider all the other childish things he's said and continues to say. Throw out some irrelevant crap like "Bill Clinton's a rapist" if you want; it doesn't change the fact that the POTUS is a man-baby and you can't seriously think people are unreasonably for having a problem with that.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:55 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
What is more offensive, Trump's comments on the bus about grabbing p***y or an ex-president who actually sexually assaulted and possibly raped women and his wife Hillary who sought to silence and ruin his victims for her own political aspirations?

Many of these protesters yesterday no doubt voted for that woman (if they even voted at all) and apparently had no outrage over Bill Clinton's behavior and Hillary's disgusting enablement of it for her own political goals.

The selective outrage here is ridiculous.
OK, I'll play your game.

I was disgusted by Bill Clinton's behavior while he was president. Thoroughly disgusted. I also did not vote for the man. At the end of his run, the economy was in great shape. That is something I care about.

Now we have Trump, who made disgusting comments about women, goes through wives as if they were shoes, and has children by at least 3 different women. Can you imagine if Obama had done those things? Oh the horror and where is our party of morals hiding these days...but I digress.

Bill Clinton is not an excuse for allowing Trump a pass. If you were disgusted by Clinton, this should disgust you as well. But for some reason, it doesn't. That's the part I can't figure out.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:01 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
OK, I'll play your game.

I was disgusted by Bill Clinton's behavior while he was president. Thoroughly disgusted. I also did not vote for the man. At the end of his run, the economy was in great shape. That is something I care about.

Now we have Trump, who made disgusting comments about women, goes through wives as if they were shoes, and has children by at least 3 different women. Can you imagine if Obama had done those things? Oh the horror and where is our party of morals hiding these days...but I digress.

Bill Clinton is not an excuse for allowing Trump a pass. If you were disgusted by Clinton, this should disgust you as well. But for some reason, it doesn't. That's the part I can't figure out.
Trump has always been a private citizen until now . Clinton has been a career politician so all the sex scandal stuff happened while he was working for the tax payers .

Trump made a good point during the election that what he did was words while Clinton was action .
All the allegations against him were phoney . Of course CNN and NYTIMES ate it up to smear him .
Anyways the election is over .

I don't think many people care how many wives he had . Some do judge him on that as you have , so it wouldn't be surprising if some would judge Obama on that too .

Despite the sex scandals Bill Clinton seems to be viewed as a better President than Obama by most but I guess history will tell .

Old 01-22-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
it doesn't change the fact that the POTUS is a man-baby and you can't seriously think people are unreasonably for having a problem with that.
I agree with you there. I didn't vote for him.
My issue is why people are so offended by these comments (while they give a pass to the Clintons for even WORSE behavior.

My issue with Trump was that his is horribly unqualified and unprepared for the job and has an ego that refuses to see this is a problem.

I was far more offended or worried about him saying things like his top foreign policy advisor would be himself.

I was (and am) amazed at the things people fixate on about Trump versus the real concerns about his presidency that people glaze over.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
It isn't about giving Trump a pass it's the hypocrisy of those who are outraged at Trump's comments but didn't have a problem with the Clintons.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:08 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,970,308 times
In this thread, we compare adultery to sexual assault.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:10 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Don't forget Pizzagate, that was way worse!!!1!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies