Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 10:00 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
... aren't the subject of this thread. I don't think this woman will be running a marathon any time soon.
'Fit' also means good looking, not just physically fit.

And at any rate, she doesn't look physically unfit. No she doesn't look like a marathon runner, but then again most endurance runners are physically unfit for anything but running long distances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 10:34 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sheesh, now teachers are getting into this nonsense. She knew what she was doing.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/is-teach...122657231.html
If she hadn't posted to social media, I wouldn't have any problem with her choice of clothing. However, IF she cares more for self-promotion than she cares for focusing on the needs of her students, I think she should have chosen a different line of work.

Old 09-17-2016, 10:39 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,178,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
However, IF she cares more for self-promotion than she cares for focusing on the needs of her students, I think she should have chosen a different line of work.
This woman has emotional issues, which she is free to indulge on her own time and on her own nickel. She is being paid to focus on the needs of her students, and should not be allowed to use the school and her students as backdrop and props for her exhibitionism.

Last edited by CapnTrips; 09-17-2016 at 10:47 AM..

Old 09-17-2016, 10:58 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There sure would be less gay dudes around these days, if all teachers were this smok'n hot.

Old 09-17-2016, 11:03 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,705,622 times
I taught high school for several years and I never saw our female teachers wearing dresses like that. Most just wore nice slacks, a blouse, and a cardigan in cooler months.

Old 09-17-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I'd be OK with it if she lost about 30 lbs. Right now though..eh cover it up lady.
Fortunately she doesn't care what you think or anyone else that comments on her weight. This is a woman who embraces her body. Full figured and curvy women have been embracing their bodies for some time now. It's because of people like you that are quick to judge and comment and basically knock them down because of how they look that created insecurity in many women. Thank God they came to their senses and stopped caring about what people like you have to say.

Can only wonder about your "perfect" body.

Old 09-17-2016, 11:23 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Fortunately she doesn't care what you think or anyone else that comments on her weight. This is a woman who embraces her body. Full figured and curvy women have been embracing their bodies for some time now. It's because of people like you that are quick to judge and comment and basically knock them down because of how they look that created insecurity in many women. Thank God they came to their senses and stopped caring about what people like you have to say.

Can only wonder about your "perfect" body.
IMO! I don't give a damn about people embracing their bodies. Or lusting men and boys with too much testosterone and not enough brains. This woman cannot do her job properly in that pink dress and shoes.

She can do what she pleases on her own time. Go naked, who cares.

She should dress in way that allows for her to do her job. She teaches fourth grade.

Old 09-17-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
IMO! I don't give a damn about people embracing their bodies. Or lusting men and boys with too much testosterone and not enough brains. This woman cannot do her job properly in that pink dress and shoes.

She should dress in way that allows for her to do her job. She teaches fourth grade.

If she can't "do her job" which is to TEACH, how was she named "Teacher of the Month"?? Are her students failing?

Why don't you go and spend a day in her classroom and then you can judge if she can or can't do her job. And while you're there you can confront her and tell her what she can and can't wear, and when and where.

Old 09-17-2016, 11:41 AM

435 posts, read 430,388 times
IMO some of these outfits shown are totally OK. Others seem to be crossing the line, as this teacher could be at the club vs. in the school. Oftentimes it isn't a particular piece of clothing that crosses the line, but the combo of items together. Tight dress, sweater, flats = OK for work. Tight dress + strappy high heel + bling = more club than work look.

I think this teacher is very pretty and certainly has style. I do question if she knows how to appropriate apply this style based on her environment.

Teachers are role models. Students in the 4th grade look up to their teachers. I'd be pretty annoyed if my 4th grade daughter came home and wanted to wear a super tight dress and heels to school, so overall I think this teacher needs to carefully reflect her influence on the young women in her classroom. Maybe refine some of our outfit choices a bit...

Old 09-17-2016, 11:45 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,792,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

What does the dress have to do with her teaching? Does it have a mind of its own and refrain her from speaking to her children? Does it wipe her education away?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies