Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 12:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Don't know where you got that, his uncle admitted taking the orange end off the gun. And that area was well known as a hangout for gang members. It was not a rec center it was a park.
I get it from your words. All made up. The rec center is at the park. It was his friends gun that he traded with.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The boy who removed the orange safety tip from an airsoft pellet gun before trading it to Tamir Rice told investigators he initially blamed himself for his friend's death.

Tamir Rice's friend removed pellet gun's safety tip, initially blamed himself for boy's death | cleveland.com

The boy's father bought the pellet gun at an area Walmart. The boy removed the orange safety tip when he disassembled it to fix a malfunction; he was unable to replace the tip when he put it back together.

Tamir traded a smartphone for the gun the day of the shooting.

As to the park and rec center.

This surveillance image from the Nov. 22, 2014 shooting of Tamir Rice at a gazebo at Cudell Rec Center captures the moment before a Cleveland police officer jumped from his car and opened fire on the 12-year-old boy.

Tamir Rice gazebo demolition stirs emotions in Cleveland's Cudell neighborhood | cleveland.com

"This is a playground," Lewis said in an interview at the gazebo. "Before Tamir got killed people were having picnics while the children played."

Will this stop you or will you continue with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Or a toy truck.

North Miami police officer shot caretaker of autistic man on ground | Miami Herald

Old 09-16-2016, 01:20 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,265,871 times
Quote:
Don't know where you got that, his uncle admitted taking the orange end off the gun. And that area was well known as a hangout for gang members. It was not a rec center it was a park.
Where do you guys get this stuff? The tip question is well settled in the files...

Tamir Rice's friend removed pellet gun's safety tip, initially blamed himself for boy's death | cleveland.com

Note also this report shows that Tamir was there for the Rec Center fronted by the Park.

Old 09-16-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Where do you guys get this stuff? The tip question is well settled in the files...

Note also this report shows that Tamir was there for the Rec Center fronted by the Park.
I've covered all of this more than once in the past also.......I'm sure it will have to be done again in the not so distant future.

Old 09-16-2016, 06:31 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,023,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The lawsuit will more than cover that. Obviously though, he's black, he's guilty whether he did anything or not.

Actually, from what I've been seeing over there-it's the opposite. He's black so he can do no wrong-ever. Just let minorities do as they please with zero consequences-would THAT satisfy the Social Justice Warriors??

Old 09-16-2016, 06:48 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,023,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Why should I? I do think it's sad, but I also understand this gun looked like the real deal. It even had a laser scope. Cops want to make it home to their families too.

I personally wouldn't let my kid out of the house with a real looking toy or BB gun, because I am afraid of them being shot by someone thinking its real.

And this kid used that gun in a robbery.

NEVER!! Blacks never break the law, you racist!!! I bet you're one of those White Supremacist types that believe blacks need to accept consequences of their actions! Heck I bet you're so racist that you have the audacity to think that blacks need to obey the same rules and laws as everyone else!! Heck, anyone that believes any of that stuff may as well be wearing a white hood and robe!! Don't they get that it's America in 2016???? When in doubt, just go with blacks are innocent; when not in doubt, cry racism!!
*sarcasm over*

I've always considered myself a bleeding heart liberal, but over the past few years, Im finding myself distancing myself from the far left. Whatever happened to common sense? I shake my head over "safe spaces" and the Perpetually Offended SJW. Everything is offensive and racist these days. I've never been a fan of the American police, and I am aware that way too many are abusive and downright dangerous, but it's getting to the point where the cops are better off letting blacks do as they please, lest the eeking and ooking of racism, and inevitable lawsuits abound. If this Columbus boy was Joey McWhitey, how many of you Social Justice Warriors would be outraged? Same with Sandra Bland. There would be minimal ooking.
It's tough trying to explain here that in the US only certain groups have to follow the law

Old 09-16-2016, 07:18 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,265,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
NEVER!! Blacks never break the law, you racist!!! I bet you're one of those White Supremacist types that believe blacks need to accept consequences of their actions! Heck I bet you're so racist that you have the audacity to think that blacks need to obey the same rules and laws as everyone else!! Heck, anyone that believes any of that stuff may as well be wearing a white hood and robe!! Don't they get that it's America in 2016???? When in doubt, just go with blacks are innocent; when not in doubt, cry racism!!
*sarcasm over*

I've always considered myself a bleeding heart liberal, but over the past few years, Im finding myself distancing myself from the far left. Whatever happened to common sense? I shake my head over "safe spaces" and the Perpetually Offended SJW. Everything is offensive and racist these days. I've never been a fan of the American police, and I am aware that way too many are abusive and downright dangerous, but it's getting to the point where the cops are better off letting blacks do as they please, lest the eeking and ooking of racism, and inevitable lawsuits abound. If this Columbus boy was Joey McWhitey, how many of you Social Justice Warriors would be outraged? Same with Sandra Bland. There would be minimal ooking.
It's tough trying to explain here that in the US only certain groups have to follow the law
Actually I would rather they let a 13 year old escape than kill him. You prefer him to be dead?

Of course some black people do bad things. Should be nailed and punished. But the other dude arrested here was let go. You really think the cops would do that with a participant in an armed robbery than ended up with a black kid dead? You really think the cops are politically suicidal?

Sorry that makes the whole thing absurd. And the Police Chief talked a long time about the realistic weapon. But not a word about the armed robbery that purported went down. You think that accidental? She was not trying to change the subject? Cop kill an escaping armed robber even if the gun used was not real would stick hard. Apparently they don't have that condition. Otherwise why the theater?

Old 09-16-2016, 09:14 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,181,606 times
Attached Thumbnails
Police Fatally Shoot 13-Year Old Boy after pulling out BB gun-fb_img_1474081961917.jpg  

Old 09-16-2016, 09:19 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,181,606 times
Quote:
Make them a bright color.
Again. BB guns and pellet guns are real guns.
I have seen a lot of damage done by these things.
Not toys. Should not be dressed up as such.

Old 09-17-2016, 04:12 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,510,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Democratic mayor since 2000. Just saying.
Are you saying that cities with republican mayors have zero crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies