Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 06:29 PM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Burqa is another matter. One cannot get a passport or driver's license wearing burqa or a gangsta face kerchief. Both make other people uncomfortable when worn in public, where it is not the norm.
Burqas an Niqabs represent Wahabism and Sufism: Islam at its worse so it makes sense to do something about them. Not like we really could in the US.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 09-16-2016 at 06:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 08:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

The hijab is a symbol of oppression and misogyny. Countless millions of women are forced to wear that clothing against their will. They are subject to violence and even death if they do not comply. Therefore, regardless of what Muslim women say *their* personal reasons for wearing it, the history of hijab is too fraught and problematic to be considered anything else other than a symbol of oppression and of a supremacist religious ideology.

Flip the script, and stop the sharia creep in the Western world.
So you're suggesting that countless millions of women (actually thousands in this country as we don't have legal jurisdiction in other Muslim countries) should be forced not to wear a certain piece of clothing against their will?

Yeah...that's the freedom-loving America I know.

And you can still fly the Confederate flag on private property like any other flag. The only prohibition that I am aware of is the prohibition on raising it on public property.

[put it on your car a la Dukes of Hazzard]

Old 09-16-2016, 08:22 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,080,558 times
If she leaves it on during sex......then I don't see a problem with it. Kinda looks hot at certain angles.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:11 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu9K2TCON58&sns=fb

Time to start making the argument that things like the hijab, burka, niqab, etc. are the same as flying a confederate flag in today's America: Socially unacceptable and a symbol of supremacist ideology.

It's your RIGHT to wear any nonsense on your head in proclamation of your faith, just as it's your RIGHT to fly the confederate flag.

But, if you fly the flag, the connotation is that you're racist and backwards, regardless of your protestations to the contrary or appeal to your history and culture.

Same with hijab and Burka (which as the video link above shows, is being normalized and encouraged now across Europe... even for non-Muslim girls to "try it out, it's fun!)

The hijab is a symbol of oppression and misogyny. Countless millions of women are forced to wear that clothing against their will. They are subject to violence and even death if they do not comply. Therefore, regardless of what Muslim women say *their* personal reasons for wearing it, the history of hijab is too fraught and problematic to be considered anything else other than a symbol of oppression and of a supremacist religious ideology.

Flip the script, and stop the sharia creep in the Western world.
And the Nun's Habit, must go too.

Old 09-16-2016, 10:26 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
You people as an American or Western liberal including liberal Catholics that have about as much sense of what catholicity is as a member of the Protestant KKK does.

I'm not Catholic. My sympathies lie with the Orthodox Coptic Christians of Egypt.

My explanation of catholicity was no more an apologist rant than your "apologist rant" in defense of Islam.

Probably, but they are not mainstream Protestant churches. There are racist liberals, too, in the Democratic Party particularly in the construction unions. But I don't see liberals claiming the Democrats are just as racist as Republicans. Christianity is no way comparable in scale to the mistreatment of women you see in the Islamic world. Supposedly, codified by the Prophet Mohammad himself who said a woman is shame, a husband covers 1/10 of her shame and the grave covers the rest of her shame.

No such teaching exists among Jesus. And the New Testament holds place of honor among Christians.

You are no teacher of what is "Christ-like." Satan himself not only can quote scripture but would try to instruct a Christian on what is "Christ-like."

Your attack on Catholicism was implied. As it has always been in US history. The 1940s and '50s changed some of that as Catholicism on TV, movies, and public life became more accepted in the United States. But anti-Catholicism has reemerged over the years.

I have to admit, I critize the Catholic Church too, but for different reasons than the typical anti-Catholic. I regard most Catholics as the Judas sitting next to Jesus at the Last Supper table.

Catholicism is basically Anglican/Episcopalian today anyways. Only the Oriental and Eastern Orthodox retain catholicity. The light of it in the West is almost entirely flickered out.
You sound demented, frankly. Never did I make an apologist rant in defense of Islam nor did I ever write anything that implied whatever the hell you imagine or are pretending I said against Catholicism. I forget sometimes that crazy ****s like you inhabit these forums and accidentally respond to posts written by you guys. Go ahead and be as crazy as you need to be to get your rocks off, but I don't engage. Good evening.

Old 09-16-2016, 10:29 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
If she leaves it on during sex......then I don't see a problem with it. Kinda looks hot at certain angles.
Lol!

Old 09-16-2016, 10:32 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
You sure?

Old 09-16-2016, 11:16 PM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
And the Nun's Habit, must go too.
The Nuns habit doesn't represent a political threat as the Wahabiest inspired Niqab and Burqa does. If Muslim countries recognize the wearing of these ridiculus costumes as a threat we should pay attention.

Old 09-17-2016, 02:56 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Hijab has a long history of oppression. This is not a secret. It's roots are misogynistic, and in this world today it is a symbol of oppression of women:

Above image: Women in Iran, protesting hijab after the Islamic Revolution.

Women have literally died because of the hijab and niqab. Any women who "voluntarily" puts it on perpetuates the desert myths that women need to cover themselves because they are "temptations" to men and "modesty" of their bodies needs to be preserved. (Despite the fact that in the west, wearing a garbage bag on your head brings MORE attention to you, not less).

It's so against traditional feminism that it's distressing to see modern feminists defend it.

Besides, I know professional people who fly the confederate flag and believe it means "culture, not hate," and believe it should be flown in public spaces.

I'm sure when you look at the flag you see oppression though, don't you?
Agreed, 100%, and thank you for that photograph. Thousands of women in Afghanistan who are forced to cover like that suffer from vitamin deficiencies because of that nonsense. And that's the least of their problems.

As far as that flag, I just see redneck. I can almost hear the theme song from Dukes of Hazzard playing in my head.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:36 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Not the same. The confederate flag has its place in US history.

Muslim garb does not.

Stupid premise.
"Stupid premise"

Stupid claim.

"The confederate flag has its place in US history."

Your lack of historical kowledge is GLARING.

Just for starters you might want to read, "Thomas Jefferson and the Barbary Pirates, who by the way were MUSLIMS and wore "Muslim garb".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies