Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 05:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
BLM used to mean Bureau of Land Management.

At first I thought this was going to be some kind of "Muzlims are takin' over 'Murica" conspiracy thread.
To me, that's what BLM still is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 06:01 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,378 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yrFj-Vc-Og

Old 09-27-2016, 11:09 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nah...Christianity is the problem, not the solution.

It's been sucking the African American community dry to the tune of billions with zilch to show for it.

And it's made black folks too lackadaisical...sitting around talking about "putting it in God's hands."

I know what needs to happen. You don't.

Sounds as if you've got your own out of thin air thing going on there.

Old 09-27-2016, 11:28 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
BLM is a group wanting to assume black control of local government on up. If you go to their website and read their silly demands, they are clearly communist and just as radical and delusional as you might imagine. They also have white-skin racism. They are willing to unite with and embrace any group that isn't white skinned even though many other groups who are not white dislike blacks more than whites do.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:18 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
I know a few Black Lives Matter protestors/members and of all the ones I know about 2 of them are NOI. However, they were NOI since the 1990s and their families were NOI.

I don't think that BLM is a NOI organization at all.

I also agree with desertdetroiter in that less religion in general would be a good thing for black America.

I will also note that many right leaning whites like to associate BLM with being violent or terrorist for some reason when the vast majority of them are nothing like that (I see BLM protestors on street corners nearly every day and have in multiple cities I have visited, they do not just protest after a shooting of someone). There are also a lot of white people involved in BLM.

What I find interesting is that these conspiratorial views of BLM as violent and terroristic are never blamed on government organizations, which actually do have a history of infiltrating and de-stabilizing black organizations. I think that BLM should be more tight in regards to its actual supporters and members and designating them so that when something "pops off" in a violent way, they can easily disassociate themselves from rogue violence. Most people on the right seem to believe that some liberal organization is sending in violent protestors, but IMO it is probably our intelligence and law enforcement agencies doing it in order to sabotage BLM. That would be my conspiratorial guess if I wanted to be that way. And my guess is based on historical fact in regards to black organizations being targeted by local, state, and federal government agencies. Nearly every black organization from the 1930s through the 1980s has been targeted by some sort of government surveillance and infiltration from the NAACP to NOI to the Moorish Scientist to SCLC (MLK's organization) to the original Black Panther Party to SNCC to CORE and many others not well known.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:38 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I can prove African ancestry...I'm actually black. I don't need anymore proof than that. I'm of full blown African ancestry.
I just find it interesting that some black people are claiming African ancestry while others are saying don't called me African.....this is what I am getting at. I have heard Caribbean blacks say they're not African American. Haven't whites also lived in Africa, since the 17th century, leaving many with European blood? I tend to lean more toward a person being pure-bred, (are there any of those left) when mixed with other cultures one tends to be a mutt, like most of us are.

Quote:
As to claims by white people (and many black people too) of native American ancestry, that's the biggest load of b.s. going around. 99% of those claims are garbage.
Hmm, well, well one thing you and I can strongly agree on. I couldn't have said this better myself.

Quote:
As to your claim that I dislike America, well...don't bother. I don't really care. Shrug.
Your attitude and like so many coming from BLM is what has been projected, you have never said this. The chip on your shoulder by holding onto things done by a few, while trying to make all whites carry the load, is daunting in its self.

*shrug* I wasn't expecting a debatable response.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:49 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I know a few Black Lives Matter protestors/members and of all the ones I know about 2 of them are NOI. However, they were NOI since the 1990s and their families were NOI.

I don't think that BLM is a NOI organization at all.

I also agree with desertdetroiter in that less religion in general would be a good thing for black America.
Christianity does not call for converting people at all cost in America. One does not need to be beheaded if they reject Christianity. What exactly are you worried about with blacks and Christians?

Quote:
I will also note that many right leaning whites like to associate BLM with being violent or terrorist for some reason when the vast majority of them are nothing like that (I see BLM protestors on street corners nearly every day and have in multiple cities I have visited, they do not just protest after a shooting of someone). There are also a lot of white people involved in BLM.

What I find interesting is that these conspiratorial views of BLM as violent and terroristic are never blamed on government organizations, which actually do have a history of infiltrating and de-stabilizing black organizations. I think that BLM should be more tight in regards to its actual supporters and members and designating them so that when something "pops off" in a violent way, they can easily disassociate themselves from rogue violence. Most people on the right seem to believe that some liberal organization is sending in violent protestors, but IMO it is probably our intelligence and law enforcement agencies doing it in order to sabotage BLM. That would be my conspiratorial guess if I wanted to be that way. And my guess is based on historical fact in regards to black organizations being targeted by local, state, and federal government agencies. Nearly every black organization from the 1930s through the 1980s has been targeted by some sort of government surveillance and infiltration from the NAACP to NOI to the Moorish Scientist to SCLC (MLK's organization) to the original Black Panther Party to SNCC to CORE and many others not well known.
Yet, during the North Carolina riot there were blacks beating up on a white boy begging them to leave him alone. They removed his clothes and were kicking him in the head. Then, another older homeless man was kicked off of the place he was sitting like a trash bag. Seems the only safe white people when it broke out were the ones who ran from the riot altogether. They are showing people, not the media mind you that were beat up for being white and some taken from their cars and beat up.

Plus, "pigs in a bacon fry them like bacon" must be code word for get us a cinnamon roll! The call from BLM to kill cops and white people, not sure how you get those are just friendly people.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:22 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

People associate BLM with violence because they create violence on a regular basis. Anyone who owns a television can see it. It isn't some mystery... BLM incites violence.

As for the erst of your silly post... Law enforcement infiltrates violent groups like BLM to gather intelligence for prosecutions... NOT to create more violence. Your own conspiracy theory doesn't square with reality and is completely paranoid nonsense. You basically want to pin the blame for BLM violence on the cops.

Logic and Reality FAIL.

You're welcome.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:24 AM

431 posts, read 257,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post

Classless pieces of S#%*& thugs. I'm sorry but these people make me sick. I have many black friends and if they support this behavior based on principle, then they are sympathizing with the wrong cause.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:32 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Sounds as if you've got your own out of thin air thing going on there.
When it comes to my people, I know. You don't. That's the "thin air" thing I've got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTexasGuy View Post
Classless pieces of S#%*& thugs. I'm sorry but these people make me sick. I have many black friends and if they support this behavior based on principle, then they are sympathizing with the wrong cause.
That's just great. Now we all know that you have black friends. Bravo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies