Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 05:46 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Clinton, but I will be holding my nose. I wanted Sanders. I tried to make that happen by showing up at the caucus, as did many of my friends and family.

I would have gone republican with Kasich or Rubio, or even the Jersey guy. Unfortunately, I have no choice now. Swing state, and I believe that Mr. Trump is a threat to my country. I understand the motivation of many Trump supporters. They want change. Unfortunately, he's not the guy, but he may have helped open the door for someone in the future.

We don't have any good choices this time. Not for me, anyway. How bout you?
I don't think who we vote for will have much bearing on the murder rates. The USA had some of its highest murder rates during both Republican and Democratic administrations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 05:55 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
You can look at raw numbers or homicide rates.

By raw numbers, Chicago wins, right now.

By homicide rates, it's not even Top Ten.
This comment is ignorant of the facts or trying to deceive from the facts.

Chicago is a massive city...the 3rd largest in the US.

You can carve an area out of Chicago equal to any city above it in murder rate with a higher murder rate. In example, St. Louis has a higher murder rate than Chicago, but you can carve out a part of Chicago equal to St. Louis with a higher murder rate.

Yes, downtown tourist areas and well-to-do areas are low crime....yet there is a massive part of the city that has severe blight and as high of a murder rate as anywhere.

Old 09-17-2016, 05:59 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
A the Democratic Government of Rohm Emanuel is failing the city of Chicago has 3000 murders, black on black Crime. The BlM and Black leaders are opposed to preemptive law enforcement . Chicago PD can not break up large amounts of Teenagers on corners. The end result is the PD can respond after a crime has ben committed or there is a victim.

Thugs actually controls certain parts of the city after dark. Can Dem's be trusted with Law Enforcement!

Since the President Obama has demonized basic law enforcement the thugs are going after the police. today in Philly a officer was ambushed by a man who hated police.

Chicago surpasses 500th homicide in 2016 | Fox News

www.foxnews.com/.../chicago-surpasses-500th-homicide-in-2016.ht...Fox News Channel

Sep 6, 2016 - After a bloody August saw homicides climb to a 20-year high, a deadly Labor Day weekend sent Chicago's 2016 homicide total soaring past 500, surpassing the ... In contrast, New York and Los Angeles had 409 homicides ...
Imagine how much worse it would have been if BLM hadn't been involved!

Oops! BL don't really matter to BLM. Chicago death toll not an issue.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:06 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Wall in the ghettos and let them kill each other off.
Most who live there are not law breakers or gang bangers. What about the innocents? There's plenty who live there.

These people are caught between competing variables - gangs who don't give a sh*t that they're eating their own, dependence on the social safety net that has made them effective wards of the state and that has taken away every ounce of any ability to fend for themselves, communities where they live in fear and communities where their failing schools provide little to no opportunity for their children to have a different future. And let's not forget the politicians who want to keep all of these hundreds of thousands of people exactly where they are, in exactly the situation in which they live.

These people already have walls around them. You can't see them, but they're there just as if there was a brick wall around their ghettos.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:17 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You have something against education & jobs? How totally bizarre.
Dude or dudet.....we are at less than 5% UE, as far as the US is concerned, we are at full employment, right? I mean that's what obama says....hillary may not...but that's another discussion.

Education, the current education sucks, I hate the classes my son currently takes....I watch his homework and what he reads.

They need to bring back American Civics and classes like that. Lets get some more shop classes going...

Do you even understand what American Civics or shop classes consist of?

Old 09-17-2016, 06:21 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Clinton, but I will be holding my nose. I wanted Sanders. I tried to make that happen by showing up at the caucus, as did many of my friends and family.

I would have gone republican with Kasich or Rubio, or even the Jersey guy. Unfortunately, I have no choice now. Swing state, and I believe that Mr. Trump is a threat to my country. I understand the motivation of many Trump supporters. They want change. Unfortunately, he's not the guy, but he may have helped open the door for someone in the future.

We don't have any good choices this time. Not for me, anyway. How bout you?
Unfortunately I screwed up this yea and did not vote in the primary, so my vote is out. However, it would be for trump (I live in Alabama, so yea....), everything else would just be the status quo, hillary won't do anything, rubio or kasich would also do nothing.

hillary has been promising for the last 40 years, and here we sit with her promises....still...now she says we need more, even after backing obama....

Old 09-17-2016, 06:37 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In that case, do not blame Democrats for the high murder rates.

By the way, Oakland is around 25% Black. That is around the same percentage as Boston. Boston has a markedly lower murder rate than Oakland. Cleveland is majority Black and has a lower murder rate than the cities you brought up. DC has a very large Black population, and has a markedly lower murder rate than any of the cities you mentioned.
I didn't know that. I though Oakland was about half "Black". Word is DC's losing a LOT of its Black people, at least the hood rats because the decent dudes and ladies of ANY "race" are helping to fix up that city in 2016.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:44 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Link or BS....and don't provide an interperation of what you thought he said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, and here is the problem, it appears hillary can by laws.....she said so, you know those common sense laws....

You may have forgotten about federal laws, ohhhhhhhhhhhhh and trump will have the executive power of Executive Orders.....
Direct from Trump's acceptance speech:

Trump drives 'law and order' message home at convention | TheHill

Crime is a local municipality issue.
Law enforcement is a local municipality issue.
Justice is a state issue.

I am not a fan of Hillary or Trump and will not vote for either of them.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I didn't know that. I though Oakland was about half "Black". Word is DC's losing a LOT of its Black people, at least the hood rats because the decent dudes and ladies of ANY "race" are helping to fix up that city in 2016.
Oakland used to be 55% Black. Its Black population, along with San Francisco, has been dropping over the years. Oakland has remained violent though. DC is losing alot of hood rats and they are headed for Prince George's County. The Blacks that are staying, less and less are hood rats. Oakland seems to work the other way around.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Direct from Trump's acceptance speech:

Trump drives 'law and order' message home at convention | TheHill

Crime is a local municipality issue.
Law enforcement is a local municipality issue.
Justice is a state issue.

I am not a fan of Hillary or Trump and will not vote for either of them.
If President Obama has failed the inner city, then so has every U.S. President in the history of inner cities.

It is indeed a local problem. Go to the Gold Coast area of Chicago. Little issue. Go to Englewood, big problems. I will do one closer to home. Buckhead part of Atlanta, full of wealthy people, no major crime issues. Adamsville neighborhood in Atlanta(where MLK Drive is located), very dangerous area.

I won't be voting for Trump or Clinton. Howwever, neither of them can do much about what goes on in the inner cities. Like you said, you can't fix hood rat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies