Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you walk around in the nude in public?
Yes 12 33.33%
No 24 66.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 03:24 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,618,997 times

Advertisements

Hi, I would never walk around in nude because I think I would make people sick.

News, Keep your pants on! Vt. town bans nudity.

BRATTLEBORO, Vt. - Vermont's infamous naked town is under orders to keep its pants on.

On a 3-2 vote, town officials passed an emergency rule Tuesday banning nudity on the main roads and within 250 feet of any school or place of worship, among other places. Anyone still determined to go window shopping au naturale could face a $100 fine.

Keep your pants on! Vt. town bans nudity - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 04:30 PM

659 posts, read 1,374,527 times
Interestingly The BBC on World Radio gave a report on this, after much questioning about the pros and cons, the conclusion of which was the townsfolk did not mind their young people going about in the buff but drew a line at exhibitionists travelling 2000 miles to strut their stuff in town. The details continued to interest the interviewer immensly but eventually Nancy Bryce said what the folk down there were really interested in was the situation in Iraq and prisons run by the US, end of interview.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:06 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
I personally wouldn't but I have no problem with others doing it. There is nothing wrong with nudity but our perception of it and the context ( ie: is it sexualised or just as nature intended ? ) . I find nudists a refreshing brand of people, down to earth and honest as well as open. If we started viewing nudity as natural rather than something only associated with sex we might have less hang-ups and be a bit more adult about it.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:17 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,470,125 times
I think nudist should be confined in their own area; it’s a matter of hygiene. I do not ever want to sit where some nudist may have sat…………..gross!

Old 07-19-2007, 05:33 PM

2,032 posts, read 6,892,313 times
Default Nudity in Vermont

I understood the local townspeople overwhelmingly love the nudity option.
I think its refreshing at how diverse our nation has become. I remember a few years ago here in Virginia(bible belt) we had a legal nudist enclave that none bothered(including the press and govt)for many years. The nudists never bothered anyone and it was strictly a "family oriented" type resort.
The press found this place and our "holier than thou" state republican legislators instantly assumed all kinds of immoral behavior was going on there, simply because of its nudist nature. It was closed down. This notice of a seperation of church and state is a big joke here. In this part of the country,
you don't have the option to do anything publically that goes against fundamentalist beliefs. I think this place was in the Virginia Beach area(home of Pat Robertson).

Old 07-20-2007, 05:10 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,983,668 times
Thats why I moved away from Vermont recently.
Its become waaaaay to conservative for me.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:05 PM

659 posts, read 1,374,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I personally wouldn't but I have no problem with others doing it. There is nothing wrong with nudity but our perception of it and the context ( ie: is it sexualised or just as nature intended ? ) . I find nudists a refreshing brand of people, down to earth and honest as well as open. If we started viewing nudity as natural rather than something only associated with sex we might have less hang-ups and be a bit more adult about it.
I quite agree Mooseketeer, strange how in just a few short years, say the last thousand, humans have forgotten they probably were naked in the summer for a million years.

We in short, have little respect for our ancestors very successful way of life.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:28 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,707,070 times
great...there goes my VT vacation plans....

Old 09-25-2016, 01:07 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
I dont see a big deal with Nudity -- INNOCENT/CASUAL OUTSIDE NUDITY......

The only ones I am kind of afraid to see me naked is my parents,anyone else I dont really care to be frank!!

Ya know how we feel nervous around our parents.... Mine arent against nudity (Especially my mom) so it wouldnt be easy for me to go nude as much I would like around my house!!

I think the whole thing is silly.... NOTHING WRONG WITH NAKEDNESS.......

Here is the link to your story John: http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...ked-town_N.htm

Old 09-25-2016, 02:18 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,766,886 times
There were nude swimming holes in Brattleboro when I lived there. And one guy would take his pants off and dance sometimes at my college, but nude shopping on main street is cheekier than anything I ever saw there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies