Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 10:25 PM

31,048 posts, read 22,077,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I think it's wise for all countries to follow a simple formula: Don't let in immigrants faster than you can assimilate them.

Indeed, if you want to be an immigrant country, it's probably best to let in people from all sorts of places, rather than one overwhelming source of immigrants, so that there is less opportunity for the development of ethnic ghettos and lack of assimilation.
Absolutely ^

Whats interesting is some Liberals deny this is an actual problem in Europe, with the other half admitting it is and saying Europe is getting what it deserves, and it wont affect us here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 12:44 AM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,017 times
Here in Hawaii the immigrant thing started a long time ago. when the US nuked Palau, it totally messed up their way of life. to make things right, thy been giving the people of Palau (microneasians) a free ride to Hawaii. these people come here by the feds and dropped off and eat up allot of hand outs as they qualify for everything. The state cannot afford to support the influx of these people.

Micronesians in Hawaii face uncertain future - Al Jazeera English

Old 09-19-2016, 01:11 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I think it's wise for all countries to follow a simple formula: Don't let in immigrants faster than you can assimilate them.

Indeed, if you want to be an immigrant country, it's probably best to let in people from all sorts of places, rather than one overwhelming source of immigrants, so that there is less opportunity for the development of ethnic ghettos and lack of assimilation.
We let in everyone unless they're white and/or Christians. Obama said they don't "really need any help." Whatever that means. I don't think we should let anyone in, at this time. We have a mess that needs to be straightened out before anyone else comes here!

Old 09-19-2016, 02:14 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I don't think I've seen a single mainstream news report about groups organizing to oppose the migrants since the migrant crisis began which did not try to label them as extremists or neo-nazis.
The liberal narrative or agenda can be summarized as such: white nations=Nazis=white (European) people. Of course it's ridiculous but that's liberals. Western countries have been more or less under occupied government since the 1960s but really beginning post 1945. The prime goal is to make western white nations no longer majority white and western and harmonious through continuous mass immigration of non-westerners and continuous shame, blame and guilt of whites. I would even go so far to say liberals want to fully blend away whites if they could have their druthers.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:58 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Absolutely ^

Whats interesting is some Liberals deny this is an actual problem in Europe, with the other half admitting it is and saying Europe is getting what it deserves, and it wont affect us here
PC Liberalism requires a denial of reality.

It is impossible to be politically correct and live 100% in reality and be truthful.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:57 AM

11,784 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Setback for German Chancellor Angela Merkel's party in Berlin state election

My son told me about this today - the people are starting to fight back against immigration.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:22 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

My son told me about this today - the people are starting to fight back against immigration.

Yeah, too bad center-left parties and the greens received more votes.

Merkel's party USED to be a comfortable center-slightly-center-right party of pragmatism. But the Germans, ever in love of self-punishment, aren't necessarily going further RIGHT, but more LEFT in their chocie of parties, regardless of gains made by AFD.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:25 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Liberals are doing more damage to Germany than the Nazi's did. I believe Germany needs to adopt a nationalistic, strictly controlled society. That is what Germans want.

Ask very kindly that people who did not originate in Germany move out, even offer them a financial incentive. Germany should be for ethnic Germans only.

Then at least the caucasian people of the world will have a place to fall back to.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:43 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
In my most humble opinion,

German government has a great appetite for public relations stunts without a clear strategy on how to make things work. Just watch Merkel's recent backpaddling on her prior commitments. This country has done a ****-poor job integrating 2nd and third generation citizens of (predominantly) Muslim background, which gives reason for concern on how it will handle the recent influx.

Many think Germany is a historically immigrants country, it really is not. I think Germany should just keep the way it used to be. Ethnic Germans with maybe 0.5% guest workers.

My uncles and aunts, cousins, are all very loving Germans, they have no problems with anybody. I think most Germans are very accepting good people (perhaps more accepting than Americans, just my opinion)

But I doubt most Germans believe the country has the political and social infrastructure in place to deal with such a large influx of refugees.

I really believe this country should be left alone.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:59 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,180,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

According to the article: "Merkel said the result in Berlin was a "bitter" one, that she accepted responsibility for her party's poor performance and that she needed to do more to explain her policies on migrants."

This is far from admitting error or taking responsibility. She is saying that what is necessary is to explain her policies to Germany's version of the Deplorables, and if they have the intelligence to understand they will agree with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies