Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 11:07 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times

Advertisements

God work police! Too bad Obama has 100k more on their way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 11:08 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
radicalism has been around forever- remember Tim-McVeigh? why?
Yeah, I remember Timothy McVeigh. What a about him?

Wrong thread maybe or just doing some mental gymnastics?

Old 09-19-2016, 11:18 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Either all terrorists look alike to me or I've been watching too much Homeland and Tyrant...

Now they found another new bomb in NJ. I wish the law enforcement people that kill these guys would shoot them in the testicles instead. They would be a bigger hit in prison.

Time to arrest the enablers at home, too. Somewhere there is a woman who can't make her favorite stew because her boyfriend or son decided to make a bomb out of her cooking device and she da** well knows it. Also, pressure cooker salespeople should have to do background checks on the pot buyers and the buyers should have to register their pots with ATF.
Logically works.... Sad that it does.

Old 09-19-2016, 11:27 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Now that you bring it up, where is our President through all of this?

Sadly, it never even occurred to me that he would at least say something. We're just too accustomed to his dithering ineptness, I guess.

Couldn't see FDR, Kennedy or Reagan laying low.

Keep in mind, silence is a statement in and of itself.

You certainly don't need all the specifics of the case and a year long investigation to issue a blanket condemnation of this type of violent act against innocent civilians. Details and specifics absolutely do matter, but I'd sure think the President can and should at least acknowledge what's happened publically and tell us how vile an act it was and how this poor soul has a perverted view of islam etc..... I'd think he'd have this speech memorized at this point

Old 09-19-2016, 11:33 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Now remember the words of our wonderful AG Loretta Lynch....

Loretta Lynch: 'Most effective' response to Islamic terrorism 'is love' - Washington Times
Loretta Lynch on abusive wife beaters, "These battered women need to understand the pressures their husbands face and be more supportive, tolerant and loving."

Old 09-19-2016, 11:42 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Now remember the words of our wonderful AG Loretta Lynch....

Loretta Lynch: 'Most effective' response to Islamic terrorism 'is love' - Washington Times
Way to quote out of contest--She was addressing a group and advising how to deal with the grief and emotional fall-out of a terrorist act.

"the good in this world far outweighs the evil. Our common humanity transcends our differences, and our most effective response to terror is compassion, it’s unity and it’s love. We stand with you today because we grieve together, and long after the cameras are gone will continue to stand with you as we grow together in commitment and solidarity and in equality.”

I would hope people will read the whole link and judge it in the context that it was presented...not by a few words taken out of context.

Not a fan of Loretta Lynch, but I despise intellectual dishonesty.

Old 09-19-2016, 11:42 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Aren't you charming.

You think everyone who lives in large cities wants this?

You do realize the victims and their families from the WTC lived in NY/NJ/CT.

Guess it hasn't occurred to you Einstein, that terrorists can drive? They may be coming to a town like yours.
Generally speaking the odds are extremely high they will target either a large city or the community in which they reside.

If the people of NYC vote for someone stating they will import these people at a cost to us of $65k each, they can live, and possibly bomb, along side those voters.

Back in 9/11, we didn't know how real the threat is. Now we do.

I know I have nothing to fear from these Muslim terrorists, but I don't want to deal with the corresponding issues if they do something close to my home.

I don't want them near me, but if you feel we need them here, they can live on your city.

Old 09-19-2016, 11:44 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Loretta Lynch on abusive wife beaters, "These battered women need to understand the pressures their husbands face and be more supportive, tolerant and loving."
I'm going to guess that your post is sarcasm?

Sad to say...I bet there are some right now who are quoting it as fact.

I guess there are those that can find humor in jokes about domestic abuse...I'm not one of them--but to each their own.

Old 09-19-2016, 11:52 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Way to quote out of contest--She was addressing a group and advising how to deal with the grief and emotional fall-out of a terrorist act.

"the good in this world far outweighs the evil. Our common humanity transcends our differences, and our most effective response to terror is compassion, it’s unity and it’s love. We stand with you today because we grieve together, and long after the cameras are gone will continue to stand with you as we grow together in commitment and solidarity and in equality.”

I would hope people will read the whole link and judge it in the context that it was presented...not by a few words taken out of context.

Not a fan of Loretta Lynch, but I despise intellectual dishonesty.
High five!

Old 09-19-2016, 11:53 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Generally speaking the odds are extremely high they will target either a large city or the community in which they reside.

If the people of NYC vote for someone stating they will import these people at a cost to us of $65k each, they can live, and possibly bomb, along side those voters.

Back in 9/11, we didn't know how real the threat is. Now we do.

I know I have nothing to fear from these Muslim terrorists, but I don't want to deal with the corresponding issues if they do something close to my home.

I don't want them near me, but if you feel we need them here, they can live on your city.
Good sense by the gross. What you are talking about is people living with the consequences of their decisions. What kind of a world would we be in if that were the way we did things?

At the town hall meeting I'd use my time to say shut up and let Mr PedroMartinez talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies