Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2016, 12:31 PM

28,889 posts, read 30,151,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
lifeexplorer Is it? At what scale? How many American workers have been replaced purely by H1Bs? Do you have any number?
Yes, and the answer to this was covered early on in this thread.

Quote:
I do not know the cases about Dell or Disney, neither DO YOU! To replace American workers with H1B is highly ILLEGAL. Companies like Dell and Disney would be shut down for doing it and no sane business person would take that kind of risk.
Well, I have posted proof, both the video of the Disney worker, (which you obviously didn't watch) and the articles.

Quote:
When I was doing H1Bs, I was told repeatedly to follow the law down to the T. We paid top dollar for some top immigration lawyers in town to handle our cases. Had we mess up somehow, we would NOT be able to conduct business.
well good for you....

your missing my whole point, or you refuse to even acknowledge it...and I'm getting a real big headache...
we agree to disagree....over and out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 12:35 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,497,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Yes, and the answer to this was covered early on in this thread.

Well, I have posted proof, both the video of the Disney worker, (which you obviously didn't watch) and the articles.

well good for you....

your missing my whole point, or you refuse to even acknowledge it...and I'm getting a real big headache...
we agree to disagree....over and out.
What you posted is called hearsay.

1.information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor:
synonyms: rumor · gossip · tittle-tattle · idle talk · stories · tales ·

Old 09-21-2016, 12:36 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,044,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
IT may very well be an industry of talents, but let me tell you something. Presently we have a computer helpdesk that we can call if we have computer problems. We no longer have in house computer help. This Helpdesk is from overseas, and their abilities are horrible...just horrible. And the company doesn't care any longer, its not about quality and time management, but always about saving money. Our entire company cringes when we have to call these people.

And this is no lie, 22 years ago, if I had a computer related problem, we had people onsite that we could call. Back then we didn't have the ability of share screen, they simply trouble shot our problems over the phone by us telling them what was wrong. OMG, were they efficient, quick and talk about exceptional skills, those guys were brilliant, they were an asset to the company, b/c the problems were resolved quickly and efficiently.

also, when ever they purchase new software packages, whatever they purchase is worse then the last one they rolled out...which costs more in the long run...and yet, they no longer speak with the workers who utilize these systems to find out what our need are.

They purchase the cheapest systems possible, just to get by, and yet fork out millions to their CEO's and board members...and again, let me remind you, these CEO's and board members also sit on other boards....

My thoughts are, yes, money should be considered, but when you start losing time on the job, b/c the systems your implementing are not accurately working, your losing money...which doesn't show on the books but causes a whole lot of headaches. Your losing quality and effective time management....which doesn't show up on any graph.

Just some thoughts about IT and talents....
I agree that customer service can be frustrating. But if you claim hardware/software was more reliable 20 years ago, it is just a biased memory. I remember my computer froze a lot at that time, and there were always minor issues. And back then computers were much simpler than those of today.

Old 09-21-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
There is a clue on the controversies section on the wikipedia page - about how they operate. Here is the link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infosys#Controversies

In the same link.

Feds To Investigate H-1b Visa Program Abuse | The Daily Caller

Hey, I'm not accusing anybody - Just pointing out some links.
Again, nothing concrete. All just hearsay. I was expecting you pulling up pages after pages of results. Over the decades, they have been millions H1Bs through our system. If the fraud is prevalent, wouldn't you expect a whole lot more than just some hearsay?

I have never said there's no fraud or abuse because no system in the world is free from fraud or abuse but none of you provided any kind of information showing any gross violation of the law governing the H1B.

This should be the end of the discussion.

Old 09-21-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What you posted is called hearsay.

1.information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor:
synonyms: rumor · gossip · tittle-tattle · idle talk · stories · tales ·
ahhhhhh, ok, so, I've been wasting my time...believe me, I'll know better next time.....

Old 09-21-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
I agree that customer service can be frustrating. But if you claim hardware/software was more reliable 20 years ago, it is just a biased memory. I remember my computer froze a lot at that time, and there were always minor issues. And back then computers were much simpler than those of today.
20 years ago, we had local company IS support people who trouble shot over the phone, we didn't have then the ability to share screen. And honest, they were fantastically brilliant. Didn't take near as long!

and I'm sorry I wasn't more clear, but as we grew, the software got better and better, and they would upgrade, then, about 6 years ago, it all started taking a dive....why? Because our company started buying the cheapest software packages they could. Each upgrade has been worse then the one before, and the one before that, over time.

Also, years ago, the company would ask us our needs, which is what they never do any longer. It's like men who design new vacuum cleaners....they never ask woman what they want in a good vacuum They don't care, they just want "THE MONEY" and they are cheaper and cheaper over the years....

Years ago, they'd sit down and talk over with us any problems we were having once a month, and then go back and fix those problems, today they don't care, they let it go, no matter how time consuming it is.

Also outsourced our IS to India,,,,OMG?????? Awful, just pathetic and what a waste of time.

I will say this, some companies are finally getting it....and bringing Customer Service lines back to America...and boy how refreshing is that. Cheaper doesn't always save money, and by now, you'd think they'd get wise to that, but good customer service doesn't mean anything to them.

sorry for the rant and for not being clearer.

Old 09-21-2016, 01:47 PM

159 posts, read 169,699 times
Quote:
I was expecting you pulling up pages after pages of results. Over the decades, they have been millions H1Bs through our system. If the fraud is prevalent, wouldn't you expect a whole lot more than just some hearsay?

Your wish is my command.

U.S. uncovers $20M H-1B fraud scheme | Computerworld

2 Indian-American Brothers Jailed For 7 Years For H1B Visa Fraud

US: 4 Indian-Americans charged with H-1B visa fraud | The Indian Express

Pleasanton woman indicted for alleged visa fraud ring | News | PleasantonWeekly.com |

H-1B Debarred/Disqualified List of Employers in USA

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Indian...-the-H1B-fraud

... There is pages and pages... But Let us end this here.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:09 PM

How do they compared to millions H1B holders? That's the real question. I have never denied there were fraud and abuse. Any system has fraud and abuse.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:15 PM

159 posts, read 169,699 times
Quote:
How do they compared to millions H1B holders? That's the real question. I have never denied there were fraud and abuse. Any system has fraud and abuse.
I don't know.

You asking me how many people speed on the interstate and how many get caught??

Last edited by Jomz; 09-21-2016 at 02:25 PM..

Old 09-21-2016, 02:41 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,650,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
Maybe. But in tech field, people's wages vary a lot even if they seem to have the same title, especially in smaller companies.
Why is the variance important? I think the average of the H-1B wages is more important. There are large numbers of mediocre-paid visa filings for "Programmer Analysts", "System Analysts," and "Computer Programmers." Those 3 titles all have proposed salaries of about $60k-70k and make up 3 of the top 4 most common job titles in the applications being sent.

Job Titles with Most H-1B Filings
# 1 PROGRAMMER ANALYST
162,493 filings
$65,461 average salary.

H1B Visa Salary Database 2016

I work in tech, and i like working with foreigners, i just don't want 95% of them to be young males from india whose employer was the lowest bidder on some big contract.

Quote:
It is not uncommon that an H1B worker makes more than an American with the same title in the same company.

Basically IT is an industry of talents.
IT is also an industry of cost. If a firm can figure out a way to legally reduce its labor costs, it will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies