Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 05:46 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Finn, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, and within reason, this might work, as far as my outrage being fake, talk to those who have lost jobs to H1B workers...sorry pal....indeed, it helps American companies succeed and grow...the rich get richer...of course...crunching numbers even more and more. Once again, at whose expense.....it's an outrage.

I am far more concerned about everything that is going wrong in this country, including sending jobs overseas....believe me, it does not go without saying....

and please, don't try and discredit my beliefs by calling it fake....show a little decency by sharing your beliefs and thoughts without trying so desperately to discount someone else's beliefs.
You missed the point where the growth of American company means hiring more American workers. You are too concerned about "rich getting richer", which is an old liberal line.

Like I said I have worked with H1Bs over 20 years, and never seen an American worker get replaced by one. Instead I see them get hired to fill a hole in the organization. On the other hand I have worked for companies who have sent 90% of their US workforce to the ranks of the unemployed, while replacing them by INdian workers in India. The H1B issue is a drop in the ocean compared to the offshoring issue.

I said you sound fake, because you focus on something small, and talk about it like it was the end of the world, and use words like "vile" and bring up dishonoring the people who died for US. Its hard to take people seriously when they go overboard like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 05:50 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
This problem you see will be resolved in the Congress. The Congress is controlled by Republicans.

If it is the Republicans who are steamed at the establishment, they will stop it.

While the congressmen gets on tv to get the population all ginned up fighting each other, calling names, etc. they go about doing nothing that would upset the wonderful civic minded American businessman who is ruining the labor market.
honestly, I have lost all faith in republicans...they are just as corrupt as the liberals....and have actually gone liberal, not all, but most of them...they have thrown their party under the bus oh so often during the past 8 years...or longer....

they started being corrupt, all of them, years ago, and slowly and quietly would sneak bills in, along with passing other bills, and now, they're to the point where they don't even care who sees it, it's done right out there in the open, why? Because Americans do not pay attention, including me.

Old 09-20-2016, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You missed the point where the growth of American company means hiring more American workers. You are too concerned about "rich getting richer". That is an old liberal line.

Like I said I have worked with H1Bs over 20 years, and never seen an American worker get replaced by one. Instead I see them get hired to fill a hole in the organization. On the other hand I have worked for companies who have sent 90% of their US workforce to the ranks of the unemployed, while replacing them by INdian workers in India. The H1B issue is a drop in the ocean compared to the offshoring issue.

I said you sound fake, because you focus on something small, and talk about it like it was the end of the world, and use words like "vile" and bring up dishonoring the people who died for US. Its hard to take people seriously when they go overboard like that.
well, then my friend, I suppose you don't get it...couldn't make it any plainer...and yes, what they have done is vile, and has dishonored all those who have lost their lives fighting for this country.

That isn't overboard....

Years ago, companies cared about their employees...they were family oriented. I used to have a boss who when every week he handed me my paycheck, he'd say, Thank you Cream, to each and every employee. I asked him why he did that. He said, Without you, I wouldn't be where I am, and this company wouldn't be where it is.

Over the top....apparently you don't remember what it was like back than, perhaps you not that old? but to those of us who do remember, what it was like, this is a slap in the face.

You have been taught and brainwashed into accepting one and turning to another....you refuse to understand the ripple effect of it all and how it's all connected and corroding American

Yes, offshoring is a huge issue...but so is H1B, now growing, adding insult to injury. I see it happening all over our country now. And it's growing like a cancer.

EXAMPLE: If you don't want your dog to jump on the sofa, you don't allow it do happen, not even once. But if you say to yourself, just this one time, you've compromised your beliefs, for a moment of pleasure, and now you've got a bigger problem.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:11 AM

Quote:
well, then my friend, I suppose you don't get it...couldn't make it any plainer...and yes, what they have done is vile, and has dishonored all those who have lost their lives fighting for this country.

That isn't overboard....
If you say it dishonors people, but I have been "in the trenches" where US veterans work happily shoulder to shoulder with H1Bs to create a product which helps the company expand. You see it as a bad thing where "richer get richer", but I saw a successful company where all the pieces worked together, and in the end of the day everyone was happy. Nothing vile about American success stories, even if H1Bs were in the mix.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:17 AM

Quote:
If you say it dishonors people, but I have been "in the trenches" where US veterans work happily shoulder to shoulder with H1Bs to create a product which helps the company expand. You see it as a bad thing where "richer get richer", but I saw a successful company where all the pieces worked together, and in the end of the day everyone was happy. Nothing vile about American success stories, even if H1Bs were in the mix.
are you kidding me? Of course who ever is working there with them are happy, they all have jobs...

what I see as a bad thing, which you refuse to understand, that bringing people into a country where people are out of work, b/c of it, is a traitor to their country. If jobs were filled, and American's didn't need jobs, and unemployment lines were next to none, and the homeless were working, H1B would then be a plus. However, our kid are graduating from college and can't find jobs, due to H1B....
Disney hired, how many H1B workers and laid off how many people?

Dell is now doing the same....they laid off 2 - 3,000 workers after applying for 5,000 H1B Visas. How disgusting...immoral and done without any speck of humiliation...the CEO of Dell should be called a traitor to his country....what are those American employees supposed to do?

And all the while, the present administration is saying, "we've created more jobs" How? For whom?

yeah, your boys are happy for the time being, wait until they take your job, or theirs...then it's a whole different ball game, isn't it? As long as your working, your desensitized to anyone else's pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSyRMtT0-sM

Old 09-20-2016, 06:20 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Again, barking at a leaf while completely ignoring the entire forest of 50 million illegals sucking our society dry.
Get rid of them all.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:22 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Sorry to say, but I rarely see anyone overreact like this. The outrage is starting to look fake. Just saying.....

I have worked with H1Bs for over 20 years, and have seen them help American companies succeed and grow to a point where they have expanded and hired tons of American workers.

You should be far more concerned about US corporations sending the jobs overseas, because we are talking about losing MILLIONS of jobs that way, not 65K people who actually work, live and pay taxes in US.
Tell that to the over 5000 and counting US citizens displaced by H1B. One job lost to a foreigner is one too many.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:22 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3UD4kidnaI

the walmart I shop at, I was shocked, every single register had a Muslim woman working at it?

Every single Muslim....

We are Breeding a commerce of the termination of the morals and values among the American people, selling out the American way, all to make more money, as if they aren't making enough already and being brainwashed by liberal thinking, which will eventually be our demise.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:26 AM

Quote:
are you kidding me? Of course who ever is working there with them are happy, they all have jobs...

what I see as a bad thing, which you refuse to understand, that bringing people into a country where people are out of work, b/c of it, is a traitor to their country. If jobs were filled, and American's didn't need jobs, and unemployment lines were next to none, and the homeless were working, H1B would then be a plus. However, our kid are graduating from college and can't find jobs, due to H1B....
There are six million job openings today. Companies can't find people to fill them. Where can we find the people to fill those jobs? If your kid doesn't want a job, then they'll have to find one who wants it.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
There are six million job openings today. Companies can't find people to fill them. Where can we find the people to fill those jobs? If your kid doesn't want a job, then they'll have to find one who wants it.
If there were six million job openings today, believe me, there wouldn't be many unemployed....

I work for a huge, and I mean huge company...world wide...they are laying people off, and hiring H1B people, in America.

Where are the 3,000 Dell employees going? Who will they be working for now? How bout all those Disney American's who lost their jobs...? They are all forced to collect unemployment...oh, but there are jobs available, is what they want you to believe....HAH! Where are they? What jobs are they. You can't even get a job driving a taxi any longer, or a job in the fields...they're all taken by non-Americans.

College students cannot find jobs...and it surely isn't because they don't want to work, believe me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies