Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 11:04 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I think the beginning of the end for the upward momentum for big cities is finally here except for a couple of boutique cities like Boston, New York and Denver that can price themselves out of decline.

Most large cities seem to be on the brink of a decline.

I know that many cities have a short and swift decline from about 1985 to 1990-1993 and I have a feeling based on the trends of late the same thing is happening now.

The income disparities are incredible, the violent crime rate is rising drastically over last couple of years and illicit drug usage and illicit drug deaths are skyrocketing.

The homeless rates in been big cities are through the roof also and people seem to getting more and more desperate then anything else.

Large cities are also going to have to cut back dramatically on the current laughable services they have when all the chickens come home to roost on unfunded pensions.
Where are you getting this info? Cities have been on the upswing for some time now. Obviously not ALL cities but the trend is the opposite of what you write. You are correct that income disparities are larger in cities. It's not good but it's not surprising compared to rural areas. How is Phoenix? I don't know much about it beyond it being wicked hot all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 11:06 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
The vast majority of 20 somethings can only afford to rent. They won't be homebuyers for quite sometime and most will buy in the suburbs when the time comes.
I think the majority wants to rent, they dont have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies