Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 10:35 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayleah View Post
I'm pretty sure YOU need to wait for the FACTS
He had a buzz going on. That is obvious.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:35 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
They don't need to do anything about black on black crime in Chicago for two reasons:

1. There is this thing in America called the judicial system, not sure if you are familiar with it, that usually handles these types of things. Blacks who murder blacks go to jail. The end.

2. BLM's focus is on the injustices faced by civilians at the hands of police officers. There are other organizations that focus on community outreach. People would know about them if they bothered to do research or get involved.

Kaep, before his protests, ran organizations that helped at-risk youth in his community and is donating $1M of his salary + proceeds from his jersey sales to more organizations. As a result of his protests, the owner of his team is donating millions, as well. Why does someone who lives and plays in the Bay Area need to donate money to Chicago and Detroit? Because you say so? Who are you to tell him what he should protest and how he should spend his money?

...which is why BLM exists and Kaep is protesting, so...?...
Your answering with smart remarks reflects your character. Who am I?- the same as you and everyone else on here- giving my opinions. I still have that freedom, even when you don't like what I say. AS for the 49ers back up QB- even if he is sincere- he's made a terrible choice in how to make his point.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:36 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
I'm saying people are ASSUMING walking towards his car (with his hands in the air)= disobeying orders, when he could have been doing as told. Did you hear them tell him to turn around and stay still?
I've been saying this whole time that we don't have enough information.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:36 AM

148 posts, read 137,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
He had a buzz going on. That is obvious.
You're as bad as the people who immediately condemn the police.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:38 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Just a quick question for you.

Do you feel police must see a gun prior to them shooting someone?

Personally, I don't like the idea of the government having 100k+ armed agents roaming around our streets.

We should reduce and eliminate most policing agencies and encourage self defense and community enforcement.
I do not believe police should have to see a gun before shooting someone- that might be too late. However, I also do not believe in shooting someone with their hands up, nor do I believe that wearing a police uniform gives somebody the right to murder innocents, and get away with it- which they do.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:38 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Not when he was shot. They were not visible. That is why he was shot.
His hands weren't visible to US, the observers of the videos. His hands were visible to the police officers. Even if he was reaching into the car, the taser was sufficient to assure the police officers' safety. Shooting him dead was an overreaction.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:39 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because your powers of observation are sub par. Don't write checks with your mouth.

Good to see you are finally agreeing that shooting him wasn't the answer.
Quote:
If if if if if if if if if if if if if if he was not following police orders and reached into the vehicle, he was a threat to police.

Unfortunately, from the video I watched, you can't tell if he reached into the car nor did the clip I saw from the dash am have audio.

A lot of unknowns at this point; too many to make an informed judgment at this point.
See all of those ifs?

I never said it was a fact hence the IFS.

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Not when he was shot. They were not visible. That is why he was shot.
Of course they were visible. He wasn't reaching into his pocket or into his waistband. In no way did his actions do anything to make the cops believe he had a weapon.

Strange that an officer tasered him and the other officer shot him at about the same time.

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
You're as bad as the people who immediately condemn the police.

It is clear the man is behaving irrationally in the video. Add in that he somehow broke down on the wrong side of the road. How do you break down on the wrong side of the road?

I am only 98% sure.

It was a good shoot.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:41 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
See all of those ifs?

I never said it was a fact hence the IFS.
Quit making things up. You blew it and made an absurd assumption.
I'm embarrassed for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies