Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 10:41 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
My point was, you say you don't side with a group condemning police actions and then condemn police actions.

Why is it wrong for them but not you?
I don't side with BLM, or others that kill police just because they are police. I happen to agree that police get away with murder because the system is crooked, and allows them to do whatever they want. Just because I agree with them on one point- don't paint me as being the same as them on all their views.

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Of course they were visible. He wasn't reaching into his pocket or into his waistband. In no way did his actions do anything to make the cops believe he had a weapon.

Strange that an officer tasered him and the other officer shot him at about the same time.

No, they were not visible. Try watching the video without your biased blinders on. He was tasered and shot at the same time because that was the instant his hand went out of view apparently reaching for something. Good shoot.

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I do not believe police should have to see a gun before shooting someone- that might be too late. However, I also do not believe in shooting someone with their hands up, nor do I believe that wearing a police uniform gives somebody the right to murder innocents, and get away with it- which they do.
Look at the helicopter video.

Was his right hand up or down when he was shot or do you not know?

His hand clearly drops by his waste, but we don't know if this was before, after or during the tazed or the shot.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Quit making things up. You blew it and made an absurd assumption.
I'm embarrassed for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If if if if if if if if if if if if if if he was not following police orders and reached into the vehicle, he was a threat to police.

Unfortunately, from the video I watched, you can't tell if he reached into the car nor did the clip I saw from the dash am have audio.

A lot of unknowns at this point; too many to make an informed judgment at this point.
Once again, I said IF.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:44 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It is clear the man is behaving irrationally in the video. Add in that he somehow broke down on the wrong side of the road. How do you break down on the wrong side of the road?

I am only 98% sure.

It was a good shoot.
You must be watching a different video.

There is nothing irrational about his behavior in the video I watched.

As for where he broke down, there are lots of situations where you break down on the wrong side of the road. My parents had a brand-new Edge a couple of years ago that just died in heavy traffic in Denver. No warning, no sputtering. Driving along, and suddenly, no power. It happens.

I think this shooting was an overreaction, not a good shoot at all.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:45 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
CRUTCHER VIDEO - Bing video

The best video of the shooting. Hand not visible when tased and shot.

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
It is clear the man is behaving irrationally in the video.
Walking to ones car isn't irrational. Your statement is.

Quote:
Add in that he somehow broke down on the wrong side of the road. How do you break down on the wrong side of the road?
That's where his car stopped. We don't know if he stopped it there or it died. Likely he was trying to pull off to the left away from the guard rail and the creek, where there is more room. Ever had a cars engine stop running? Easy or hard to steer?

Quote:
I am only 98% sure.
Your judgement is 98% off.

Quote:
It was a good shoot.
The officers lives were in no way threatened. The only reason to shoot at someone is in defense of life or property.

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Exactly why was he being held at gunpoint when his car broke down? Hmm? Why? I hope that's the first question they ask in what will be the most pointless investigation where the officer will probably receive an award for killing a black man in Oklahoma. "Why did you point a gun at the man whose car broke down?" "He was black." "Good enough for me, investigation concluded."
One thing that perplexes me is why his vehicle is over the center line. Usually when a vehicle breaks down, it is pulled to the shoulder of the road. Also, why did the man walk away from the police?

Old 09-20-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You must be watching a different video.

There is nothing irrational about his behavior in the video I watched.

As for where he broke down, there are lots of situations where you break down on the wrong side of the road. My parents had a brand-new Edge a couple of years ago that just died in heavy traffic in Denver. No warning, no sputtering. Driving along, and suddenly, no power. It happens.

I think this shooting was an overreaction, not a good shoot at all.
IF (and for those who don't know what IF means, look it up) he was ordered to the ground by police aiming a gun at him but kept walking to the car, I'd call that irrational.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:47 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
You can shoot them if you cannot see there hands and they are disobeying that order.
No.

Quote:
What you have is someone with a previous conviction for resisting arrest, broke down on the wrong side of the road, disobeying orders and lowering his hands. You do not know in that split second if he is armed.
Everyone can clearly see his hands in the air. Why you want to do this is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies