Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 10:55 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Still making things up. The law is clear.

What is made up?

Old 09-20-2016, 10:59 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Again, You made an irrational unfounded statement. Nothing from the video shows him doing anything remotely related to what you falsely accused him of doing. You made up a silly scenario that didn't have one thing to do with what happened.

If he had a knife to the throat of the officer it would be justified to shoot. See what I did there.
You are 100% WRONG.

Let's break this down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If if if if if if if if if if if if if if he was not following police orders and reached into the vehicle, he was a threat to police.

Unfortunately, from the video I watched, you can't tell if he reached into the car nor did the clip I saw from the dash am have audio.

A lot of unknowns at this point; too many to make an informed judgment at this point.
First, I said IF. If is a conditional word meaning the condition is not know.

Hence, by saying "if you go to the store"; I don't know whether you are going to the store or not, making it conditional.

Second, can you tell us what the police were saying to us? If you can't then you do NOT know if he was following orders are not, do you?

Third, I say there are unknowns. Are you saying every fact is known?

Old 09-20-2016, 11:01 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
CRUTCHER VIDEO - Bing video

Once again the best video of the shooting. No one can watch this and say both hands are visible. They certainly ain't up as one poster keeps claiming.
Yes, in this video it is clear that the man has his right arm lowered for a few seconds before falling. I watched carefully and to me it appeared the man was going to open the door.

I don't know why an officer would order a suspect to walk to his vehicle.

Also, I would think the vehicle would be on the right shoulder of the road if broken down, not on the opposite side and over the center line.

There is more to this story than meets the eye. Bottom line, follow police orders and don't behave in a non-reassuring manner.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:01 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What was he doing walking away? What was he doing those last three seconds? Did your parents break down on the wrong side of the road? Did their brakes instantly engage and stop the car it its tracks?

I had a lot of crappy cars in the 80's. I broke down quite a few times. Never on the wrong side of the road. In fact I was always able to get to a shoulder.
Your experiences with breaking down are duly noted.

My parents broke down in heavy traffic in Denver. Their car lost power. My father engaged the brakes in order to control the car. Other cars stopped, and blocked traffic so that the car could be pushed out of the roadway. The Edge was brand new. Not a crappy car. They returned it to the dealer, though.

I had a crappy Thunderbird in the eighties. One day I was driving and the universal joint fell out of the bottom of the car. No warning. And no way to steer. No way to get to a shoulder. Things happen.

Since there is no video, we don't know what the police were saying, or what Mr Crutcher was saying. Maybe he was trying to tell them that this was his car, that his registration and proof of insurance were in the car. We don't know. We know that Mr Crutcher saw himself as a distressed motorist, not as a threat to the police officers. And we know that the police officers saw him as a threat. Those are two very opposite perspectives. The fact that Mr Crutcher acted as a distressed motorist is not surprising, nor was his behavior irrational.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:02 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Still making things up. The law is clear.
Really? Are you stating the police must see a gun in order to use deadly force?

Please give us the exact law on police using deadly force.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:03 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yes, in this video it is clear that the man has his right arm lowered for a few seconds before falling. I watched carefully and to me it appeared the man was going to open the door.

I don't know why an officer would order a suspect to walk to his vehicle.

Also, I would think the vehicle would be on the right shoulder of the road if broken down, not on the opposite side and over the center line.

There is more to this story than meets the eye. Bottom line, follow police orders and don't behave in a non-reassuring manner.
In the NY Daily News there's an article pertaining to the incident where it states that he reached thru his drivers side window.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:04 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
I think we will learn more from a toxicology report and a workup of the vehicle.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

Since there is no video, we don't know what the police were saying, or what Mr Crutcher was saying. Maybe he was trying to tell them that this was his car, that his registration and proof of insurance were in the car. We don't know. We know that Mr Crutcher saw himself as a distressed motorist, not as a threat to the police officers. And we know that the police officers saw him as a threat. Those are two very opposite perspectives. The fact that Mr Crutcher acted as a distressed motorist is not surprising, nor was his behavior irrational.

Facts we do know:

1) He broke down on the wrong side of the road. I am sure neither you are your parents did that.
2) The trained officer believed he was on PCP. Had to be acting irrationally to instill that belief.
3) Walks back to his car with guns pointed at him.

What reasonable people can assume:

1) That he was not being told to go back to his vehicle.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:06 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
At what point do we as a people, (whites) stand up for blacks? When is enough, enough? For years all we heard from Blacks was "police brutality, and profiling" but we saw the prison numbers and knew blacks committed far more crimes than whites. But now it's coming out more and more, they are and have been profiled, brutalized, and murdered unjustly.

Of course whites sell and do drugs, lots of us, but not to many of us have ever been pulled over for driving while white, which partially explains the prison race population, or have cops show up when our car is broken down, I'd have to take my shoes off to count how many times I've been broken down, or helped someone that was broken down, and the only time that a cop pulled over was when I was helping a black dude, lol.

Violent protests, rioting and looting, are wrong and those involved should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, but peaceful protests, like the ones going on in the NFL shouldn't really draw the ire of people who have never lived a day in their shoes. Let's look at the republican nominee for president, while getting 3 deferments because his daddy was rich and one for "heal spurs", Muhammed Ali had his livelihood taken away because he refused to go to Vietnam. Throughout the 70's and 80's Ali was called a draft dodger, I don't remember one time anyone calling out the rich white kids for not serving, certainly they weren't harassed like Ali was, yet the guy who was gifted a Purple Heart from a real soldier is held up as a hero. Whites chastise blacks for looking up to pro athletes as role models, and whites are trying to give a chicken hawk liar, the most powerful position in the world, there's something very hypocritical about all of this and it's getting to the point where it's showing and it's not a good look.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
In the NY Daily News there's an article pertaining to the incident where it states that he reached thru his drivers side window.
CRUTCHER VIDEO - Bing video

That is what it looks like here. Watch his left hand. Notice the window cracked open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies