Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 06:13 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynNY101 View Post
I knew it was coming the officer said she meant to pull out her taser
If she meant to pull out her taser, why did no one rush to his aid? They show no concern for him whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I almost couldn't watch that video for the full length. What were they doing for so long, pawing over his body???

I really hope the family is able to use a physician or clinic to have his blood tested. I wouldn't put it past LE to plant the drugs and the ME to 'say' yeah, he had drugs in his system. Nope, I wouldn't put it past them at all.
I thought the exact same thing.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:13 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Other than the fact that he walked towards his vehicle and reached inside against the orders of the police?
Did you hear any orders? I didn't.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:15 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
In the video, his hands clearly were not up while at the driver's door. The question is timing.
He was shot in the upper right chest from the side. That shot did not pass through his arm. The conclusion is that at least his right arm was up when he was shot.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:16 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
He definitely didn't deserve to be shot; however , it might be considered a lawful shooting once more details come out.

We need to change government by reducing its power and these policing agencies in order to prevent these shootings, even if they are deemed lawful.
yeah...

I just feel that sometimes (sometimes, not all the time) police officers perhaps minic military tactics. I am not an expert, but it looks like they shoot in order to eliminate the threat.

as I posted earlier,

If you want to mimic military tactics you have to also meet certain thresholds and put yourself into different mindsets. Combat troops have rules of engagement, they were specifically ordered to hold fire until they TOOK direct fire. That means you have to put your ass on the line a little bit before engaging, in order to confirm hostile intent. Then you take out an enemy target.

Just my opinion. Of course it is always easier for me to play keyboard warrior lol I don't know the solution. I just found this video to be pretty sad.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:16 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
He was shot in the upper right chest from the side. That shot did not pass through his arm. The conclusion is that at least his right arm was up when he was shot.
The car window was closed so he couldn't be reaching into his car.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:17 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Stand perpendicular to a mirror with your arm to your side. You will see your chest. Stand perpendicular to me with your arm down, and I could shoot you in the chest.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:25 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
Quote:
It is clear in one of the videos that his arm was down near his pocket when he was shot.

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/09...initive-proof/

Old 09-20-2016, 06:29 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Correction: Killing By Police-Tulsa story

Here we go again.

Although, maybe not this time. While the BLM riots may fly in some places, that ain't gonna fly in ridiculously-conservative Oklahoma.

Also, if there is already a thread on this, send me a link to it.
Of course she SAYS he was unarmed. They also said that Mike Brown's hands were up in surrender and Darren Wilson executed him in cold blood. They also said Freddie Gray never tried to hurt himself before. Hmmmm........

Old 09-20-2016, 06:31 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Of course she SAYS he was unarmed.
He was.

Quote:
They also said that Mike Brown's hands were up in surrender and Darren Wilson executed him in cold blood.
We have no idea if they were or not.

Quote:
They also said Freddie Gray never tried to hurt himself before. Hmmmm........
Irrelevant. He was supposed to be secured down and he never did anything to get arrested in the first place.

Next?

Old 09-20-2016, 06:39 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
If your car breaks down, do you expect the police to hold you at gun point?

I'm still trying to understand why there was so many officers and a helicopter for a stalled car. It doesn't make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies