Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 09:12 PM

50,796 posts, read 24,310,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Because most of us tax payers are being billed to have 100k+ armed government agents looking for us doing something suspicious, and if they feel threatened, they get to shoot us.
For once, you and I are pretty much in agreement.

If some of these cops want to play army, ship them over to the Middle East to fight ISIS. Americans -- even guilty Americans -- are not the enemy.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:14 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It appears to be a bad shooting. I wish the video showed what happened when he went to the suv. For some reason, the video panned out and showed it from the other side of the car. Was it taken by a helicopter or something? It seemed to be a mix of two videos, one from the dash cam and one from an aerial view. Strange.
A citizen in need of help is seen as a perp. Instead of helping the stranded guy, cops decided to do some shooting.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Oh Yeah? Thanks, I didn't know there was such a routine. Thanks for the enlightenment. BTW if you ever need help call a thug since you hate the cops so much.
I don't hate them, I'm afraid of them.

And if they can shoot Black folks as easily and often as they do, they can shoot you, too. And the excuses will all be the same.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
A thug. The murdered man is a thug now? Just unbelievable.
You have to remember that on City-Data, to some people any Black man shot by the police is automatically a thug, whether he actually did something wrong or not.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Frankly, the answer is no... you don't wait to get killed before you defend yourself. What a completely stupid idea. You don't give them the chance to kill you.
I disagree completely.

Remember, it could happen to you.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:46 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,348 times
Can we all agree, regardless of political lean, that any death at the hands of an authority, agency, etc, whether it's determined to be justifiable or not, is serious? And shouldn't we stop all the sarcastic and hateful rhetoric due to the seriousness of a matter like this.....?

Old 09-20-2016, 09:56 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I almost couldn't watch that video for the full length. What were they doing for so long, pawing over his body???

I really hope the family is able to use a physician or clinic to have his blood tested. I wouldn't put it past LE to plant the drugs and the ME to 'say' yeah, he had drugs in his system. Nope, I wouldn't put it past them at all.
Agree. .........It really is bad news to call the cops. It is very dangerous.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:03 PM

21,470 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And those who did that went to prison or got killed themselves.
That's not the point! The point is that people are scared on both sides.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:13 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,607 times
I'm sure he was completely cooperative and obedient. Because every morning, thousands of cops wake up thinking, I hope I get the chance today to shoot an unarmed civilian, wreck my career, lose my pension, destroy the lives of my friends and family, have to sell my home, lose my wife and kids, spend entire life savings on a lawyer and possibly go to prison just to express my racism.

Old 09-21-2016, 12:12 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
THE TRUTH IS COMING OUT AND IT WAS A GOOD SHOOT:

Attorney: Man ignored officer's commands before shooting

From that link:

Two 911 calls described an SUV that had been abandoned in the middle of the road. One unidentified caller said the driver was acting strangely, adding, "I think he's smoking something."

And:

"He has his hands up and is facing the car and looks at Shelby, and his left hand goes through the car window, and that's when she fired her shot," Wood told the Tulsa World for a report Tuesday.

Yep, exactly what I thought looked like what happened in that video. Crutcher stuck his hand through the window and the cops reacted as they should have.

Let me quote myself:

Notice when the cops suddenly take two steps backwards. Something changed right at that point.

Crutcher is definitely looking at something. His head is turned to the left and down. The cops have suddenly backed off two steps. Crutcher is moving his left arm at the corner of what appears to be a partially open window. He is at the spot where you would be if you are trying to get something out of a partially open window. Basically four officers at the same time reacted to Crutcher's movements. The two in the helicopter commenting on tasing and the two officers who reacted with force.

Last edited by whogo; 09-21-2016 at 12:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies