Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 08:51 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,331,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

I am not voting for either candidate.
No intelligent, reasonably aware person should vote for any Dem OR Repub for any national office, ever.

Those who do are simply adding to the problem, or at best keeping the status quo.

Anyone who believes either party is the cause of, or solution to our nation's many woes is just a dupe and a hypocritical hack. Useless imbeciles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 09:03 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,704,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I'm in South Florida and have seen zero yard signs and zero bumper stickers, although there was someone who was going all around Delray Beach putting anti-Trump signs in dog poop. Hispanics/Latinos strongly favor Clinton over Trump. I have a feeling they are very under-polled.

That's about it.
Well, many of them are illegal. Now you know why dems want illegals to vote, and vote often.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:07 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,704,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Maybe all the Hillary signs collapsed.
The Hillary signs are all hidden in a "secret" bunker in Benghazi. Ironically, her request to retrieve them went unanswered... something about emails being deleted.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:15 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,130,354 times
This is what happens when people confine themselves to voting for the candidate most likely to beat their least favorite candidate that they think their perceived opposition will vote for, who in turn are mostly voting for that candidate for the same reason vice versa. All this rather than simply voting for the candidate they truly want.

Did that not make sense?

Exactly. Welcome to American politics.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:16 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,245,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
I've seen ZERO yard signs. I've seen a few Trump stickers on pick-ups. And I saw one emasculated post-op female-to-male tranny or gay male driving a minivan with a Hillary sticker. I don't know for sure that this was a tranny or a gay male, but I find it hard to believe a straight white male would voluntarily place a Hillary sticker on his vehicle.
A real man would have a Gary Johnson sticker. People without stickers are just pansies.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:19 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,251,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Mind you, this might be the only thread on this forum that starts on a non-partisan note.

But I've noticed something six weeks out from Election Day: The total lack of Clinton and Trump yard signs. I was in Chicago last week, no yard signs. I was in Atlanta this weekend. No yard signs. I'm back home today in my nice, politically aware neighborhood. No yard signs. A small handful on roadsigns, but not nearly the number I'm used to seeing.

Is this a symptom of how unenthusiastic we are about our choices?
Nothing here either. To be fair, hardly see any Trump yard signs either. That's of course understandable. I don't have one out either.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:21 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,251,114 times
I think some municipalities have banned Hillary signs as the logo can be mistaken for a Hospital sign.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:28 PM

1,147 posts, read 717,280 times
As a non-American, I don't quite understand why people in America have those yard signs or bumper stickers.

I value privacy and don't think it's the public's business to know who I support. Is there a culture in America of wanting everyone to know your political views?

Old 09-19-2016, 09:28 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,926,777 times
I am not seeing many in my area. The local radio had a call in if you are secretly voting for Trump, but don't want to tell anyone. They decided not to take names you were either John or Jane many people called in and said they were voting Trump . Not one call for Hillary, matter of fact most callers had very unpleasant things to say about Hillary.

As for the poster who stated Hispanics not for Trump.......31% of Hispanic voters support him and growing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post
As a non-American, I don't quite understand why people in America have those yard signs or bumper stickers.

I value privacy and don't think it's the public's business to know who I support.
I think its refreshing not to see miles of signs. I assume, many are worried about others not being able to handle that others have opinions different than theirs and vandalize. As for the bumper stickers of any kind, I don't see how anyone puts those on their car in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
No intelligent, reasonably aware person should vote for any Dem OR Repub for any national office, ever.

Those who do are simply adding to the problem, or at best keeping the status quo.

Anyone who believes either party is the cause of, or solution to our nation's many woes is just a dupe and a hypocritical hack. Useless imbeciles.
Well you tell us who you support and we will tell you if you have the correct person. If Republicans thought the GOP was doing such a wonderful job, Trump would not have gotten elected. It is more about sending a message to the GOP stop acting like the Democrat party. Where as Hillary some what talked Sanders into bowing out......who is really in control of the Democrat party?

I really don't see where Sanders, Stein or Johnson are any different.

Last edited by wildflower82; 09-19-2016 at 09:39 PM..

Old 09-19-2016, 09:36 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,581,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Mind you, this might be the only thread on this forum that starts on a non-partisan note.

But I've noticed something six weeks out from Election Day: The total lack of Clinton and Trump yard signs. I was in Chicago last week, no yard signs. I was in Atlanta this weekend. No yard signs. I'm back home today in my nice, politically aware neighborhood. No yard signs. A small handful on roadsigns, but not nearly the number I'm used to seeing.

Is this a symptom of how unenthusiastic we are about our choices?

I have seen more than one Ron Paul sign out.. Made me smile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies