Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 10:09 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh give me a break. It's the circle of life. It's just an excuse for hunting them. We don't need to mess with nature and what has always worked in the wild. Nature does it's own thing without our involvement.
We're animals and we hunt. We have been hunting since before we learned agriculture and animal husbandry. How is that also not part of nature? Humans are apex predators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 10:17 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
We're animals and we hunt. We have been hunting since before we learned agriculture and animal husbandry. How is that also not part of nature? Humans are apex predators.
Humans hunting is not a part of nature these days. We don't need to hunt for food and we don't need to hunt for sport. We are not barbarians anymore. Well maybe you are lol

Old 09-20-2016, 10:20 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Humans hunting is not a part of nature these days. We don't need to hunt for food and we don't need to hunt for sport. We are not barbarians anymore. Well maybe you are lol
So your a vegetarian?

Old 09-20-2016, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So your a vegetarian?
What does that have to do with hunting when you can go to the grocery store. I want to know why you personally hunt for your food. I am not talking about cows and chickens. I'm talking about natural wildlife

Old 09-20-2016, 10:54 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
Quote:
So it's less barbaric to put a cow on a conveyor belt and ram a metal bolt into its brain than it is to humanely shoot wildlife? What about when the deer gets ripped apart by a pack of coyotes?

That meat you bought at the store walked around and had a face at one point. Someone killed it.
BTW I have never once hunted.

Old 09-20-2016, 10:56 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,816,707 times
My family is probably in there. I mean a lot of our gun store inventory is in my father's name, then there is my father's personal arsenal that's not for sale. So my dad probably owns an upward of 50 firearms at any given moment.

The only way Arizonans know how to live!

Old 09-20-2016, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
So it's less barbaric to put a cow on a conveyor belt and ram a metal bolt into its brain than it is to humanely shoot wildlife? What about when the deer gets ripped apart by a pack of coyotes?

That meat you bought at the store walked around and had a face at one point. Someone killed it.
BTW I have never once hunted.
Why do we need to shoot wild life for fun

Old 09-20-2016, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoball1 View Post
It's not just fun, it's a sacred bond with nature. Food coming in little wrapped packages is not real. To kill an animal that lived a free life in the wild, skinning, processing, and eating is about as natural and human as it gets. Many people rely on hunted food to survive in many parts of the country. It's true. The harvest of a single animal can feed your family for the winter.

The left often talks about diversity when only referring to minority people. If you want some real diveristy, make friends with someone who hunts and ask them to take you with them. Even if you don't make the kill yourself, you might just learn something about human relationship with nature. Indulge in the diversity. Try something you wouldn't normally do. If I can visit the castro district and a gay bar, you can step out of your comfort zone and experience something different.
Humans need to get over themselves thinking there is some sacred bond to kill animals in nature. What if we had predictors that hunted us.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:46 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,851,427 times
Quote:
Do you eat these birds because you live in the middle of nowhere and work the land for your food. Or do you kill them just for sport. Maybe some day man will be killed for sport. Honestly, we should do everything we can to preserve nature and all the beautiful creatures.
Hunt for sport and eat the reward! now how about that?

Us hunters have brought many species back from the point of endangerment, both game and non game species benefit from the money we pour into land and habitat to conserve all wildlife. And here is a big surprise! Many refuges and conservation areas where no hunting is permitted has been established and payed for by hunters because a well balanced ecosystem benefits us all and yes, we are nature lovers as well. How much have you done for wildlife?

Old 09-20-2016, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
Hunt for sport and eat the reward! now how about that?

Us hunters have brought many species back from the point of endangerment, both game and non game species benefit from the money we pour into land and habitat to conserve all wildlife. And here is a big surprise! Many refuges and conservation areas where no hunting is permitted has been established and payed for by hunters because a well balanced ecosystem benefits us all and yes, we are nature lovers as well. How much have you done for wildlife?
And what species have you saved with your hunting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies